Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/01/07 (L)
Soxtalk.com > Help Section > Soxtalk Classics > Archives > 2007 Season in Review
Pages: 1, 2
JUSTgottaBELIEVE
whats danks' ERA now?
soxchick1224
QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 07:52 PM) *
"Boy these Yankees are hot"

Gimme a f***ing break DJ, we are a s*** team, plain and simple.

Yep!!! That we are!!
fathom
QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 12:53 AM) *
whats danks' ERA now?

Over 5
Wanne
God forbid if any of our pitchers throw a little chin music once in a while.
JUSTgottaBELIEVE
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 07:54 PM) *
Over 5

ouch, dont look now but mr. danks may be passing brandon mccarthy and his 5.18 ERA by the time this game is over and mccarthy got off to a horrible start this year
AirScott
QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 07:51 PM) *
Just got rocked by some dude named Shelby.

We rock hardcore.

Shelley?
Capn12
I don't have a problem with Danks going through growing pains in his first full year with us....because, in theory, we had 4 other guys that were dependable.

What we actually have is 3 guys who are very dependable, sometimes even dominant, 1 guy who is going through growing pains that should be expected, and one s***storm of an excuse for a starting pitcher, who could be 40+ years old easy, AND is signed for 2 more years.
Balta1701
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 05:54 PM) *
Over 5

Balta1701
Contreras moved temporarily to the pen, Floyd to get his next start.
soxchick1224
Lets see what Boone can do now. ESPN switched to the sox game since A-Rod was up so everyone can see him ground out!
Balta1701
QUOTE(soxchick1224 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 06:16 PM) *
Lets see what Boone can do now. ESPN switched to the sox game since A-Rod was up so everyone can see him ground out!

If all you did was watch highlights of ARod's at bats on ESPN, you'd think the White Sox were kickin' ass!
soxchick1224
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:16 PM) *
Contreras moved temporarily to the pen, Floyd to get his next start.

It's about time!!!!
soxchick1224
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:17 PM) *
If all you did was watch highlights of ARod's at bats on ESPN, you'd think the White Sox were kickin' ass!

Well we all know we haven't done that in a while! I just hate how much attention A-Rod gets.
Heads22
I don't know if Hawk realizes Egbert exists.
Chisoxrd5
Tell me Ozzie isn't seriously going lefty-righty matchups in a game we are down by six runs and have shown zero life.

Embarrassing...I love it.

It's really sad that Grindy isn't playing today
Chisoxrd5
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:40 PM) *
I don't know if Hawk realizes Egbert exists.

He's only the best pitcher statistically in the Southern league, why would he know he exists?
South Side Fireworks Man
QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:06 PM) *
I don't have a problem with Danks going through growing pains in his first full year with us....because, in theory, we had 4 other guys that were dependable.

What we actually have is 3 guys who are very dependable, sometimes even dominant, 1 guy who is going through growing pains that should be expected, and one s***storm of an excuse for a starting pitcher, who could be 40+ years old easy, AND is signed for 2 more years.

We need a Carlos Zambrano to shore up our starting staff.
Chisoxrd5
I would say the Charlie Haeger experience has about ran its course.
Heads22
HILARIOUS
Heads22
Let Uribe pitch.
AirScott
Charlie Haeger...head-hunter.
Tony82087
Get some stones, moron. What a joke.
Gregory Pratt
What happened with Haeger?
Balta1701
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 07:18 PM) *

Gameday says Posada homered, then Cano was hit by the 2nd pitch and ejected.
Heads22
Cano was hit with a knuckleball.
JoeCredeYes
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 09:18 PM) *

He was head hunting with 68 mph knucklers and got tossed
Heads22
Hawk, shut up. Gonzalez blows.
Kalapse
7 hits allowed by Yankee pitching today, 6 came from left handed hitters. It's a shame Ozzie "makes the f***ing lineup" today could have been a good day for Richar to face his first major league lefty starter.
fathom
Embarassing games for the Sox...it's disgusting to see how much the talent level on the big league team sucks.
fathom
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:26 AM) *
7 hits allowed by Yankee pitching today, all 7 came from left handed hitters. It's a shame Ozzie "makes the f***ing lineup" today could have been a good day for Richar to face his first major league lefty starter.

What really irks me is that KW, Ozzie, Walker, and Cooper likely won't lose their jobs this offseason.
CWSGuy406
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:27 AM) *
What really irks me is that KW, Ozzie, Walker, and Cooper likely won't lose their jobs this offseason.

You really believe all of them deserve to be canned?
Tony82087
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 09:27 PM) *

I won't go to Soxfest this year(never has interested me) but I CAN'T WAIT to hear some of the quotes for Sox brass. Sould be an entertaining winter.
fathom
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:29 AM) *
You really believe all of them deserve to be canned?

No, sorry, should have worded that better. However, I honestly think one HAS to be fired, and think that there needs to be more personnel shuffle than just that. I'm beginning to wonder how KW is going to survive another season.
Rowand44
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 09:29 PM) *
I won't go to Soxfest this year(never has interested me) but I CAN'T WAIT to hear some of the quotes for Sox brass. Sould be an entertaining winter.

Steff's going to kill them. wink.gif
Soxfest
Another great WGN showing lolhitting.gif
soxfaninpa
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:26 PM) *
Embarassing games for the Sox...it's disgusting to see how much the talent level on the big league team sucks.

If the talent on the major league team disgusts you, you should see our hitters at charlotte. I got to see them play a couple of games here against scranton when erstad and pods were there together. Has anyone seen their backup catcher Ryan Smith's career numbers? We really need some talent close to the majors and we have crap for position players anywhere higher than winston-salem. I'm in awe of all the pitching that this team constantly drafts and acquires via trades while completely ignoring trying to get an impact hitter. Paul Konerko and Jim Thome aren't getting any younger, and JD is not a long term solution.
Rowand44
QUOTE(soxfaninpa @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 10:04 PM) *
If the talent on the major league team disgusts you, you should see our hitters at charlotte. I got to see them play a couple of games here against scranton when erstad and pods were there together. Has anyone seen their backup catcher Ryan Smith's career numbers? We really need some talent close to the majors and we have crap for position players anywhere higher than winston-salem. I'm in awe of all the pitching that this team constantly drafts and acquires via trades while completely ignoring trying to get an impact hitter. Paul Konerko and Jim Thome aren't getting any younger, and JD is not a long term solution.

Actually, Jim Thome is indeed getting younger. Not sure how it's happening but it is.
greasywheels121
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 11:05 PM) *
Actually, Jim Thome is indeed getting younger. Not sure how it's happening but it is.

His mother takes good care of him.

klaus kinski
QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 09:27 PM) *

I'd settle for KW-the record since last July 1 is on him
Flash Tizzle
QUOTE(soxfaninpa @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 10:04 PM) *

Which is why this upcoming offseason is incredibly important for the direction of this franchise. Yesterday's trading deadline was not a good start. We're not competing against divisional opponents with Single A pitching prospects.

Before April of 2008, Williams needs to trade several players with value -- and every prospect and/or positional player received needs to benefit this ballclub. I'm sorry for anyone who believes this is unreasonable, but that's the corner this team has back itself into.

We're void of cheap positional players, and several key components -- such as Thome, Pierzynski, Garland -- won't be here for too much longer. Replacements will be needed eventually, and I'm not exactly confident we'll produce these replacements (aside from SP).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.