Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White Sox @ Blue Jays 12:07pm WGN
Soxtalk.com > Help Section > Soxtalk Classics > Archives > 2008 Season in Review
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ROC Sox Fan
Well boys, I let the team down by not attempting to cross the border the first two games. But my Old Man has pulled through and offered to drive to the game Sunday, even if I get turned away. Wish me luck at the boarder; Contreras could use me. If I don't get in, I will at least be catching Charlotte @ Buffalo (Indians) and cheering hopefully for Fields and Owens.

Let's score on something other than Single-shot Homers!

bringit.gif
CaliSoxFanViaSWside
Stay grindy my friend.
BearSox
I'm afraid that this will be another looooooooong day... however, I will not have to witness this game as I have a doubleheader today!
WSoxMatt
does Halladay own us?
north side chi sox fan
QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ May 4, 2008 -> 08:27 AM) *
does Halladay own us?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/wrap....me&c_id=cws

owens owns Halladay! Bring him up.
Soxfest
Need a win but does not look real good! gosoxretro.gif
Gregory Pratt
I love watching Halladay pitch. Today's will be a game that I simply sit back and enjoy. I just hope Contreras can match the Doc.
southsideirish71
QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2008 -> 10:24 AM) *
I love watching Halladay pitch. Today's will be a game that I simply sit back and enjoy. I just hope Contreras can match the Doc.

Watching another pitcher work over my team makes me sick. I wonder if he was doing the same to your Atlanta Braves would you be so gleeful watching them work you over. I hope we put up a 7 spot and he exits the game in the 2nd inning. You can watch him in awe next time.
elrockinMT
I'll be watching on WGN today. The games have gone pretty well for the Sox when I am sitting behind the tube. So I am feeling good about today.
Gregory Pratt
Watching Chad Durbin work my team over makes me sick. Watching the best in the game is a treat.
KyYlE23
QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2008 -> 11:35 AM) *
Watching Chad Durbin work my team over makes me sick. Watching the best in the game is a treat.

I dont understand this at all. I dont like watching any player work over the White Sox, whether they be a superstar or a scrub. While I respected Johan Santana and how awesome he was, I hated watching him pitch against the sox
fathom
Swisher chases a pitch a foot off the plate on 3-2.
fathom
2 up, 2 K for the horrible 1/2 Sox hitters. I hate that Ozzie doesn't have the guts to shake everything up.
Capn12
Well, this game should be interesting....

If "watching a bunch of overpaid stiffs flailing at pitches they can't hit" interests you
fathom
Good start...the boys seem energetic again!
Capn12
Thome Ks?? NO WAY!!

1-2-3 K wowow, shock!
knightni
No wonder Frank Thomas left.

The fans just put KKK on the outfield wall.
Gregory Pratt
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 4, 2008 -> 10:59 AM) *
I dont understand this at all. I dont like watching any player work over the White Sox, whether they be a superstar or a scrub. While I respected Johan Santana and how awesome he was, I hated watching him pitch against the sox

I just like the game of baseball. If my teams lose, they lose. I'm almost done with partisanship in baseball. That's why I mainly post in Diamond Club these days, and not even all that often anymore. Busy with life, and enjoying The Game.
scenario
Anybody want to take a shot at how many strikeouts Halladay throws today?

I'm guessing 12.
knightni
QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:13 PM) *
I just like the game of baseball. If my teams lose, they lose. I'm almost done with partisanship in baseball. That's why I mainly post in Diamond Club these days, and not even all that often anymore. Busy with life, and enjoying The Game.

So, you're settling into lukewarm fandom then.
Gregory Pratt
QUOTE (knightni @ May 4, 2008 -> 11:12 AM) *
No wonder Frank Thomas left.

The fans just put KKK on the outfield wall.

lolhitting.gif
Capn12
Jose appears to be pitching aggressively today so far, but I hope he isn't expecting actual offensive support.
Gregory Pratt
QUOTE (knightni @ May 4, 2008 -> 11:14 AM) *
So, you're settling into lukewarm fandom then.

I'll always root for the Sox and the Braves as teams I want to win but the game is greater than any team, and enjoying it without the stress of being a partisan is wonderful. Not that I have a problem with people who really love their teams or anything.
knightni
QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:16 PM) *
I'll always root for the Sox and the Braves as teams I want to win but the game is greater than any team, and enjoying it without the stress of being a partisan is wonderful. Not that I have a problem with people who really love their teams or anything.

So, you'll be a sports observer more than a fan. I see...
knightni
Well, at least it wasn't a strikeout.
Gregory Pratt
Whatever happened to Bureau, the scout?
knightni
QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:25 PM) *
Whatever happened to Bureau, the scout?

I've seen him reading threads at night sometimes.
Heads22
KKKK
knightni
There we go. Back to form.
fathom
I'm convinced that it doesn't matter who's on the mound, this team wouldn't score more than 3 runs against anyone. Bring on Jim Parque...he'd shut them down!
knightni
Halladay's throwin' "junk" up there.

daa84
the toronto radar gun has to be off....no way that slider is 92 ....halladay is good and has good stuff but they have had his 2 seamer at 96...i think the gun is a bit juiced
fathom
QUOTE (daa84 @ May 4, 2008 -> 05:27 PM) *
the toronto radar gun has to be off....no way that slider is 92 ....halladay is good and has good stuff but they have had his 2 seamer at 96...i think the gun is a bit juiced

Thinking the same...it had Jose 2 mph off also.
Heads22
Egbert gettin beat up a bit for Charlotte, with 4 R allowed thru 2/3 IP so far.
fathom
Impressive throw by Quentin....we suck!
daa84
crede just missed the best pitch we will porbably see all day
fathom
This has to be the worst week of Sox baseball I've watched on TV in my life. I find myself flipping channels when the Sox are up, something I never usually do.
knightni
QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:43 PM) *
This has to be the worst week of Sox baseball I've watched on TV in my life. I find myself flipping channels when the Sox are up, something I never usually do.

Cheer up. The Cubs are on later tonight.
bkmoney
its quite painful having to watch the very struggling offense against an ace like this..

i just hope we get a hit? is that bad?
Soxpranos
Konerko has cement feet.
joesaiditstrue
Fire Don Cooper, he's obviously the reason Contreras is struggling right now.
Capn12
ANd now the Jays are seeing the bakk well, and hammering Jose's pitches.
Soxpranos
I'm sorry but Paul has to make that play, he is not doing crap on offense the least he can do is pitch in on defense.
Buehrle>Wood
f***ing awful call. Why can't the homeplate umpire or anyone help out?
Soxpranos
Good effort Crede
fathom
QUOTE (knightni @ May 4, 2008 -> 05:46 PM) *
Cheer up. The Cubs are on later tonight.

Darn, I have a wedding to go to tonight....I'll have to take my cell phone to get inning-by-inning updates.
joesaiditstrue
And this ballgame is ovah! 3-0 jays.

edit: 4-0, lol
fathom
Why in the world are you throwing a 3-2 fastball with an open base to a dead fastball hitter? Some absolutely atrocious managing this series.
Soxpranos
We just cant catch the ball.
Capn12
Heh, go enjoy your Sunday afternoon gents, away from the TV
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.