Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 TV Thread
Soxtalk.com > Special Interest Forums > SLaM
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
knightni
Mid-season replacements coming soon.
JPN366
Really...Bieber doing Let it Be?

Really?
Really?
Really?
Really?
Seriously?
Really?
Really?

Did this actually happen?
Really?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
JPN366
And Cee Lo Green does not get to change the lyrics of Imagine. Augh.

So he sang it as is?
Balta1701
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 02:03 PM) *
So he sang it as is?

No, he decided he was better than John Lennon and could write a better song, so he changed the "No Religion Too" line to "and all religions are true". Because he has earned the right to correct John Lennon. Clearly that's a mistake anyway, Lennon can't possibly have meant it.
JPN366
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:26 PM) *
No, he decided he was better than John Lennon and could write a better song, so he changed the "No Religion Too" line to "and all religions are true". Because he has earned the right to correct John Lennon. Clearly that's a mistake anyway, Lennon can't possibly have meant it.

I love how people gloss over or completely ignore that line. Plus "Imagine there's no Heaven" and the one about "No Hell below us, above us only sky."
Brian
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:26 PM) *

That is borderline criminal.
Athomeboy_2000
My wife and I are really loving Once Upon a Time.
pittshoganerkoff
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 08:48 PM) *
My wife and I are really loving Once Upon a Time.

I actually enjoying it, too. I wasn't going to watch it but decided at the last minute to DVR it. Good choice. It's not high quality TV, but it keeps me entertained.

Grimm isn't too bad, either. I was hoping for a bit more with the show, but like Once Upon A Time it keeps me entertained.
Big Hurtin
Don't know if anyone else watches it, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd season of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.
BigSqwert
QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 08:19 PM) *
Don't know if anyone else watches it, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd season of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

Me too. The show is far from perfect but entertaining nonetheless.
Brian
Shameless Sunday.
Steve9347
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 11:07 PM) *
Me too. The show is far from perfect but entertaining nonetheless.

Will Arnett was hilarious.
pittshoganerkoff
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:10 AM) *
Shameless Sunday.

This season takes place in the summer, so that means Emmy Rossum will be wearing less clothes.
Brian
Um, hell yeah!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Challen...tle_of_the_Exes
Brian
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:09 PM) *
This season takes place in the summer, so that means Emmy Rossum will be wearing less clothes.

Can't see her in less clothing than we did last season.
bigruss22
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:50 PM) *
Can't see her in less clothing than we did last season.

First episode has plenty of Rossum's boobs, looking forward to seeing them throughout the season.
Milkman delivers
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 01:23 PM) *
First episode has plenty of Rossum's boobs, looking forward to more later in the season.

Exactly how many boobs does she have?
bigruss22
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 02:02 PM) *

Haha.
knightni
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:02 PM) *

/Cue Total Recall reference
Steve9347
Emmy Rossum's tits are glorious.
Chilihead90
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 05:00 PM) *

Yep, and the 1st episode does NOT disappoint!

Also, I wonder if the stage crew from WEEDS are helping with this season......hmm..... cheers.gif
LittleHurt05
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:49 PM) *

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
LittleHurt05
Any fans of Summer Heights High here? Chris Lilley has a new show on HBO Sunday nights, "Angry Boys" where he plays multiple characters of various genders, races again. The first two episodes are on demand, it's entertaining, not as good as Summer Heights so far though.
onedude
Justified starts January 17th
Game of Thrones starts April 15th
That's all I'm looking forward to at the moment...however there are probably a few shows I'll try to catch up on, and probably a few new shows I'll get hooked into.
Athomeboy_2000
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:00 PM) *

can be seen here.
Chilihead90
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 02:31 PM) *
can be seen here.

Yeah, I'll register for that!
Steve9347
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 01:31 PM) *
can be seen here.

Or by just googling her name + topless or by watching season 1.
Athomeboy_2000
Emmy Rossum is on Conan tonight.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 03:47 PM) *
Emmy Rossum is on Conan tonight.

topless?
knightni
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 05:52 PM) *
topless?

You wish. (maybe me too)

She's on TBS - Channel 22.

Her boobs are on Channels 21 and 23, respectively.
IlliniKrush
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 01:18 PM) *
Any fans of Summer Heights High here? Chris Lilley has a new show on HBO Sunday nights, "Angry Boys" where he plays multiple characters of various genders, races again. The first two episodes are on demand, it's entertaining, not as good as Summer Heights so far though.

You can't break dance for s***.
KyYlE23
I just caught commercials for Portlandia. That looks bizarre-hilarious
Brian
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:37 AM) *

Season 1 is on Netflix streaming but I hate Fred Armisen and haven't had the stomach to try it.
bigruss22
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:37 AM) *

If you haven't, watch the first season, it's only like 6 episodes and although some of the sketches are misses there are plenty of good laughs if you like to make in fun of hipsters.
LittleHurt05
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 11:28 PM) *
You can't break dance for s***.

Puck you miss
Steve9347
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:14 AM) *
Season 1 is on Netflix streaming but I hate Fred Armisen and haven't had the stomach to try it.

Fred Armisen is hilarious.
Milkman delivers
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 10:49 AM) *
Fred Armisen is hilarious.

Agreed. I've liked him ever since Anchorman.
JPN366
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:00 PM) *

Her ass is out of this world.
JPN366
QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 01:30 PM) *
Justified starts January 17th
Game of Thrones starts April 15th
That's all I'm looking forward to at the moment...however there are probably a few shows I'll try to catch up on, and probably a few new shows I'll get hooked into.

In the process of watching season 1 of Game Of Thrones from HBO On Demand. Got two more episodes to go.

1. The episodes are edited down, my wife keeps telling me they've cut out stuff involving the blonde chick and the neanderthal dude.

2. The sex scene with the two prostitutes while that creepy dude was talking to them...whoa, had to think of baseball while I was watching that in order not to, um, you know...
Steve9347
Southland, people.

Southland.
Nunnigan
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:04 AM) *
Southland, people.

Southland.

Thats still on? I watched it when it was on NBC before it was cancelled mid-season, and then on TNT when it aired the remaining episodes. I thought they put a nail in the coffin for that show afterwards. It was pretty decent.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 11:03 AM) *
Thats still on? I watched it when it was on NBC before it was cancelled mid-season, and then on TNT when it aired the remaining episodes. I thought they put a nail in the coffin for that show afterwards. It was pretty decent.

Starts same night as Justified. The first season on TNT was a huge success (bc it's a great show) and now they are adding Lucy Liu.
Brian
Impractical Jokers, FTW
Jenksismybitch
So, based on the recommendations here on the board, I gave Blue Mountain State a shot. About ten episodes in I think i'm done. Too many sophomoric jokes. It was funny the first few episodes, but the sex/poop jokes have gotten old. Does it get any different going forward?
Brian
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 02:12 PM) *
So, based on the recommendations here on the board, I gave Blue Mountain State a shot. About ten episodes in I think i'm done. Too many sophomoric jokes. It was funny the first few episodes, but the sex/poop jokes have gotten old. Does it get any different going forward?

I finished it on Netflix in 2 weeks. Just didn't take it too seriously and enjoyed it. I don't hold it on the same pedestal as I do Homeland, Dexter, and Mad Men.
Chilihead90
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 04:12 PM) *

Nope, it's pretty much guy humor and immature the whole way through, and I love it. You can't watch the show expecting good storytelling or character development or anything, you just watch it to laugh your ass off at ridiculous things.
juddling
As much as people on this board have maligned Season 2 of The Walking Dead (and rightly so) i found this.........

includes a letter from Frank Darabont and an interview with Sam Witwer. The interview was especially telling as he talks about how Season 2 opener was going to be (awesome!!!). It does make me hate AMC that much more.......

Ain't it cool news--TWD
Cali
I've grown increasingly bored with Modern Family this season. That first season was nothing short of brilliant, but the second season was a total letdown for me. It didn't pop the same way season one had and now into the third season it just seems like going through the motions. Claire is a shrew of a wife, Phil is an idiot with a heart of gold, Cam & Mitchell do stock cliche gay story line #475 etc. The show was never really reinventing the wheel, but creatively the stories and jokes were done better in season one.
farmteam
Finally watched the last 5 episodes of Homeland...hot damn! Fantastic finish to the season.

Shameless starts tonight, I'm incredibly pumped. Easily the best show on television, in my opinion.
Heads22
Thought the new episode of Shameless was OK but nothing special.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.