Sign in to follow this  
joejoedairy

5/21 Games

Just now, fathom said:

Micker gets hit a lot, doesn't he?

Yep.  Was on my way to post this.

• Like 1

Kevin Maitan was one everyone probably got hoodwinked on.

Perhaps we overreacted a couple of years ago about Benintendi and Devers...Devers, so far, has taken a step back.  Swihart is STILL an interesting possibility if we could pry him lose from Boston (speaking of catcher obsessions).

At different points, we all wanted Swanson/T.Turner/Bregman & Tucker via trade.  And all those potential targets with the Pirates haven't turned out to be as good as once projected.

Torres in NY has been as good as advertised.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ian Clarkin is really bad at baseball.

Jeff Marquez and Clarkin were Cashman's revenge for Quintana and Jose Contreras.

Adolfo is approaching Carlos Quentin territory with these HBP. Was hit 13 times last season, already 7 this year.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jeff Marquez and Clarkin were Cashman's revenge for Quintana and Jose Contreras.

Mentioning Jeff Marquez should be a bannable offense 😜

No, the bannable offense would be for ANYONE who bought into the Nestor Molina hype from Paddy and KW, lol...

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Mentioning Jeff Marquez should be a bannable offense 😜

Zach Stewart says hi 

Just now, fathom said:

Zach Stewart says hi 

Man I really wanted to believe in Zach Stewart.  Did not work out unfortunately.

If we mention Collins is 0 for 2 with 2 K's, that means his next hit will be for XB's, right?

Clarkin sporting a Gio/Fulmer-esque 7.02 ERA in AA.    Pretty pretty bad.

Edited by caulfield12

Yeah, I think it's time to send Eloy to AAA. Screw waiting for Robert to push up one of the A ball outfielders, Eloy does not belong in that league.

5 minutes ago, Anderdale said:

5 sb's on collins tonight.. is Clarkin a easy pitcher to steal on?

I’m guessing because his command isn’t there he’s more focused on hitting the catcher’s mitt and not holding runners similar to Giolito the other day.

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'm starting to think that the Sox development staff have Clarkin working on something mechanically, there's no way that he is this bad given his track record in the minors to this point. Add in the fact that Montgomery has 5 SBs on him tonight and it just seems like he's focused on the pitching aspects exclusively.

Just now, Bruce_Blixton said:

I'm starting to think that the Sox development staff have Clarkin working on something mechanically, there's no way that he is this bad given his track record in the minors to this point. Add in the fact that Montgomery has 5 SBs on him tonight and it just seems like he's focused on the pitching aspects exclusively.

I hope you are right, he’s always had pretty good control and now he’s walking like crazy it seems.

Tilson .262 BA  over last 10 games.  Maybe some rust coming off?  Heck if he hits .300 for a week, I'm about ready for his shot.  Is this the year Eddie Alvarez gets a Sept promotion for a feel good story?

Rutherford has had a nice start, but the 2.4 go/fo ratio is not ideal. Seems like all of W-Salem cooled off at same time.

39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fortunately, Rutherford is raking at Winston-Salem. He was the whole point of the deal.

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man I really wanted to believe in Zach Stewart.  Did not work out unfortunately.

Still ended up with one of the best game scores of the decade. He’ll always have that.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Still ended up with one of the best game scores of the decade. He’ll always have that.

Just need to stop acquiring anyone compared to Garland

21 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

All these references to Molina and Stewart and Marquez have made me ill. What shit.

How about baby Pedro in Felix Diaz?