Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I’ve been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign into my account and start interacting. I’ve had it up to hear with the lack of transparency within our front office. First Eloy and now this 

How DARE the front office not leak the terms of a confidential negotiation to the public so that message board users can be content?!??!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He must be from the SoxMachine / SSS community, because all those guys were enraged we didn’t burn a year of service time last year with Eloy.

To their credit, they have since moved on to being enraged that we traded Kevan Smith 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This place isn’t being logical.   An extra year of Eloy means a hell of a lot more than a couple months.  And as far as an offer here’s an example :  you can buy a house for 250 K but screw it  I want it now and will pay 400 k right now.  Deal?   Oh if you accept it I can’t furnish it.   Come on.  

 

As far as how long, they are staying at 7 only until they know 8 gets it done.   Keep the faith !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say this, I’ve never been more confident we land a whale as the Sox would be committing franchise suicide by putting it out there we never made a serious offer.  And 7/$210M (or less) definitely fits that billing.

The second we start hearing higher numbers put out by nightengale than we have heard from anyone else is when we should start worrying because that is when the FO thinks they lost and are going to need to save face. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say this, I’ve never been more confident we land a whale as the Sox would be committing franchise suicide by putting it out there we never made a serious offer.  And 7/$210M (or less) definitely fits that billing.

Put it this way, there was reports out there that the Yanks wanted Machado at their own price.....around 200M or less, now don’t you think if that was really the Sox offer that they would have stopped the manny pursuit so quickly, now I’m no genius but I am going out on a limb saying the offer is much higher than being reported

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is the case, it would behoove the Cubs, Yankees, Phillies and Braves to just offer something like $90 million, maybe $100 million for two years.

That way, the Phillies would be protected with the only gargantuan long-term contract being Bryce Harper.

Unless the White Sox aren't willing to give Harper that $325-350 million deal and Harper's market also craters into the high $200 millions, which theoretically brings 3-5 more franchises back into it during February and March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

To their credit, they have since moved on to being enraged that we traded Kevan Smith 

Lol...they also don’t understand why we traded for Alonso and keep evaluating the trade as if was strictly a baseball move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

here eloy hitting guys

If you care about this sort of thing, steamer has Eloy projected to hit .295 next season.  8th highest average in baseball! He's going to be so good!

https://www.fangraphs.com/projections.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&type=steamer&team=0&lg=all&players=0&sort=17,d

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Put it this way, there was reports out there that the Yanks wanted Machado at their own price.....around 200M or less, now don’t you think if that was really the Sox offer that they would have stopped the manny pursuit so quickly, now I’m no genius but I am going out on a limb saying the offer is much higher than being reported

Great point. If the offer was 7/210 from Chicago then I can't help but think the Yanks would still be in it. And they are not.

Edited by BlackSox13
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

here eloy hitting guys

Maybe we should just give Jimenez that reported Machado contract (buying out Years 8&9) while we're at it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

The second we start hearing higher numbers put out by nightengale than we have heard from anyone else is when we should start worrying because that is when the FO thinks they lost and are going to need to save face. 

100% agree.  We want low numbers being reported by Nightengal / Bruce and higher numbers by anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If you care about this sort of thing, steamer has Eloy projected to hit .295 next season.  8th highest average in baseball! He's going to be so good!

https://www.fangraphs.com/projections.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&type=steamer&team=0&lg=all&players=0&sort=17,d

i think so but he need to hit infront of someone  so he can get good pitches

Edited by timbo8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Put it this way, there was reports out there that the Yanks wanted Machado at their own price.....around 200M or less, now don’t you think if that was really the Sox offer that they would have stopped the manny pursuit so quickly, now I’m no genius but I am going out on a limb saying the offer is much higher than being reported

Yup, that’s what I’m thinking as well.  You only leak a lower offer to make the Phillies think they’re sitting pretty.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Heyman tweets 4 hours ago that Phillies highly unlikely to land both so what does good old bob do, says the offer is under 200 mil now and oh by the way Philly might just sign both, hmm I couldn’t see where a plant would come into play here......

2 + 2 doesn’t equal 4 George duhhhh it equals 5 George......cmon guys 

Heymans a bit of a dope too though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

To their credit, they have since moved on to being enraged that we traded Kevan Smith 

They're nice guys in person, but they seem to always find something to be up in arms about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Great point. If the offer was 7/210 from Chicago then I can't help but think the Yanks would still be in it. And they are not.

This could all change in a heartbeat if they think they can somehow pry Kluber (or Bauer) for Andujar...especially on a deal with a shorter-term opt-out.

Lots of rumors the Reds and Padres are trying to get involved with Kluber in order to then auction him off...with Senzel and another huge Padres' prospect going in opposite directions.   Maybe the Yankees prefer to deal with SD, no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

They're nice guys in person, but they seem to always find something to be up in arms about.

Especially that whiny b**** Pnoles.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob Nightengale is about as credible as Bob from Niles right now, or any other caller named Bob that used to call in to Boers and Bernstein. There used to be a running joke that they wouldn't take a caller if his name was Bob, and gee whiz, Nightengale certainly fits the bill.

OTOH, if there is any truth to his report, that means that the Sox never made a serious offer, and they might as well be committing franchise suicide as we speak. You want to know a way to alienate what is left of your fanbase? Claim that "the money will be there" and prove to everyone that you're lying through your teeth. 

I want to ignore baseball until this bullshit is over and done with. I really do. I know myself too well to think I could stay away for the next month or so, but maybe I'll just check in on Friday nights to fill my weekly baseball quota and then be done with it. 

Congratulations, MLB. You got a diehard to quit paying attention for a while because it is too aggravating. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Bob Nightengale is about as credible as Bob from Niles right now, or any other caller named Bob that used to call in to Boers and Bernstein. There used to be a running joke that they wouldn't take a caller if his name was Bob, and gee whiz, Nightengale certainly fits the bill.

OTOH, if there is any truth to his report, that means that the Sox never made a serious offer, and they might as well be committing franchise suicide as we speak. You want to know a way to alienate what is left of your fanbase? Claim that "the money will be there" and prove to everyone that you're lying through your teeth. 

Exactly, which is why we should be excited every time Bob tweets these weak ass offers.  Dude is practically on our payroll and his only responsibility is to create misdirection.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I missed it but I didn’t see this tweet from Bob-o. Did get a bleacher report update that Joe Maddon said the Cubs getting Harper “isn’t going to happen.” So that’s positive news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Is anyone else worried that when the Machado to the Sox news is announced, instead of 100% elation and excitement, part of it will just be relief and thinking "Fucking finally, now we can move on to the next target"? I hope Hahn gets a sweet deal in the end, but I feel a bit disappointed that this long drawn out and tedious process is sapping some of the energy and excitement I have for the signing. A month ago I would have lost my mind and texted everyone I know. Now, I will just breathe a big sigh of relief that I can stop wasting my entire day refreshing Twitter and worrying about the Phillies or Yankees swooping in.

Anyone else?

Sorry Chili can't agree. I haven't said anything to the billion other poster who talk of it being exhausting and tedious. I find it invigorating. I mean what could be more exciting than the Sox being in on a huge talent ? Not a prospect but an actual young MLB superstar. I love it. I wish it would happen every year.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×