Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Exactly this scenario is why teams bid against themselves. It prevents another team from swooping in late and stealing the player with a slightly higher offer. 

I actually agree with this. But Sox can still wind up with Manny, either way they will have to pay up. They could have done it a long time ago though. 

1 minute ago, Sarava said:

Just a reminder, the Sox did outbid San Diego for Luis Robert. Time will tell how that works out.

San Diego was in the tax already with like a 600 person class that has partly fueled their #1 farm system.

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Haven’t been here in several hours. What is the panic about? Is San Diego a serious player?

Let me know why I should be worried...although I still probably won’t be worried. 

Still nothing to see here in my opinion. SD has made offers from 240 mil to 280 mil and everything in between. 

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Haven’t been here in several hours. What is the panic about? Is San Diego a serious player?

Let me know why I should be worried...although I still probably won’t be worried. 

Nightingale saying the Padres have offered Machado an eight year deal for somewhere between $240M & $280M.  Heyman has suggested there be some deferred money.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Several people (most recently Nightengale) are posting potential San Diego offers that are higher than we've heard the White Sox offers to be.

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

There are rumors that aren't aligned with our desires, so the typical cast of characters are melting down. Which i think is the third component in the Soxtalk Manny Machado flow chart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres