2019 MLB Draft and Signing Tracker

bmags

OP updated.

seems like to date we are over $335k from the rounds 11-40 at this point, while under 670k at this point from senior signs that we know of (though futuresox indicates we are looking at 10k signings for the other 3 senior picks so I imagine this will grow by whatever additional slot there is -30k).

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

OP updated.

seems like to date we are over $335k from the rounds 11-40 at this point, while under 670k at this point from senior signs that we know of (though futuresox indicates we are looking at 10k signings for the other 3 senior picks so I imagine this will grow by whatever additional slot there is -30k).

$100K for Gladney

$50K for Torres 

$60K for Acosta

The total overage so far is $210K. There was a false report out there on Glass. 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah nothing on Trenkles Twitter has made it seem like he’s going anywhere but OSU.

Krogman seems gettable, and hopefully Glass

Glass is signing. We just need to see the bonus amount. If he's like $200K that takes their overage to like $310K. If they are paying for Dalquist with 5th-10th money they could theoretically offer Krogman like almost $300K to sign

21 hours ago, bmags said:

All pitchers are big flame out candidates.

Wow, still true and also not at all interesting.

High school pitching is, by far, the riskiest asset available in the MLB draft. 

FG had a publically available value on each prospect and high school pitchers have a horribly high bust rate.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Glass is signing. We just need to see the bonus amount. If he's like $200K that takes their overage to like $310K. If they are paying for Dalquist with 5th-10th money they could theoretically offer Krogman like almost $300K to sign

And the running assumption with Thompson is slot should be all he needs?

16 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

$1K more than I got to play baseball

True. I guess he has a story for the Grandkids. 

You can get a bigger bonus signing on to be a manager at Taco Bell though. 

Could a team sign a guy for a penny? 

Edited by OneDog847

53 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

True. I guess he has a story for the Grandkids. 

You can get a bigger bonus signing on to be a manager at Taco Bell though. 

Could a team sign a guy for a penny? 

Yeah, but you're playing baseball NOT working with people who are employees at Taco Bell.

At least the cheap White Sox gave all their guys 10k.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Although he's an UDFA, here's a new signing. We finally tanked for Beer! 

The prophecy fulfilled!

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

28th Rounder Caeden Trenkle retweeted this....

Boo Casey Mize.

22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yeah, but you're playing baseball NOT working with people who are employees at Taco Bell.

At least the cheap White Sox gave all their guys 10k.

I guess this kid is just delaying the inevitable. Hopefully he got a useful degree at college or he could be on the Taco Bell track in a couple years anyways. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I would think so. It's easy to assume that Vaughn, Thompson and Beard will all sign for slot. Use the 5-10 round savings to sign Dalquist. 

Are those 3 all expected to sign soon? One would figure that the Sox would want Vaughn and Beard to get some playing time this year. 

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Are those 3 all expected to sign soon? One would figure that the Sox would want Vaughn and Beard to get some playing time this year. 

The signing period is relatively short, Dog.  Of course they want them to get playing time this year.

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

I guess this kid is just delaying the inevitable. Hopefully he got a useful degree at college or he could be on the Taco Bell track in a couple years anyways. 

Too true so he may as well enjoy being paid to play baseball for a little bit.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

What are the odds that they can't get Dalquist to sign? 25%? 

Much less. It's a rarity that anyone in the top 10 rounds doesn't sign. 5% maybe? Either way, Harold has indicated he maybe already signed or is in the process of it.

Edited by DirtySox