2019 MLB Draft and Signing Tracker

bmags

59 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

What happens if Dalquist wants 2.75 million or he goes to school? The Sox pretty much have to give him whatever he asks at this point, no? 

It doesn't work this way. They knew what the price tag was when they drafted the player. 

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It doesn't work this way. They knew what the price tag was when they drafted the player. 

Yup. and if they were to all of a sudden demand more it would look really bad to all the other teams. If you cant trust them you wont draft him or work with his agent in the future. He would be really dumb to pull a move like that.

My guess is they are waiting for a home weekend series so they can have a Vaughn day, where he gets to throw out the 1st pitch and be celebrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yesterday333 said:

Yup. and if they were to all of a sudden demand more it would look really bad to all the other teams. If you cant trust them you wont draft him or work with his agent in the future. He would be really dumb to pull a move like that.

My guess is they are waiting for a home weekend series so they can have a Vaughn day, where he gets to throw out the 1st pitch and be celebrated.

Totally agree and he will take some batting practice.  

33 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

Then the sox wouldn't sign him and get that pick again next year.

Yep. I don't get why people freak out about this. If its an expected over slot deal in the first 3 rounds, then it doesn't matter if they sign because we weren't planning on using savings from that pick and we could get the pick back next year anyway.

10 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Yep. I don't get why people freak out about this. If its an expected over slot deal in the first 3 rounds, then it doesn't matter if they sign because we weren't planning on using savings from that pick and we could get the pick back next year anyway.

Well, considering they took seniors for 5-10 that would be a huge screwup but regardless he’s signing

10 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

But then you could use the savings to try to sign one of the HS guys that we drafted that we didn't think we would be able to sign.

Yep, if Dalquist doesn't sign, I think we could use the savings from other picks and sign all three of Britt, Trenkle and Krogman and still get the 3rd back next year. But Dalquist is signing for sure, no need to freak out.

21 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Yep, if Dalquist doesn't sign, I think we could use the savings from other picks and sign all three of Britt, Trenkle and Krogman and still get the 3rd back next year. But Dalquist is signing for sure, no need to freak out.

I hope Glass signs, but the quality of the three you mentioned isn't really that appealing to me. This isn't trying to get Mo Hampton in the 13th round. These guys are not even in the top 500 prospects from BA, and we wouldn't even have that much savings to go after them.

It's not franchise crippling but the high schoolers we are talking about getting aren't like, that great of backup plans.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I hope Glass signs, but the quality of the three you mentioned isn't really that appealing to me. This isn't trying to get Mo Hampton in the 13th round. These guys are not even in the top 500 prospects from BA, and we wouldn't even have that much savings to go after them.

It's not franchise crippling but the high schoolers we are talking about getting aren't like, that great of backup plans.

I think we'd have ~$1.4M play with if Dalquist does not sign. For the reason you mentioned these 3 aren't highly ranked, I think that amount plus their respective $125K standard bonus could get it done. I get they're not nationally ranked, but part of the appeal of getting a high schooler is to hope that they break out once they hit pro ball and become legit prospects.

Side note, I thought Glass was a done deal at ~$200K, though I'd be surprised that's all it takes, since he's an intriguing prospect.

12 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

But then you could use the savings to try to sign one of the HS guys that we drafted that we didn't think we would be able to sign.

No.if he doesn't sign you lose that slot money from your pool and the slot money is added to next years pool (as long you offered a certain minimum percentage of slot value to the player).

Just now, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

No.if he doesn't sign you lose that slot money from your pool and the slot money is added to next years pool (as long you offered a certain minimum percentage of slot value to the player).

Its the overslot money we have set aside for him that he is talking about...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I think we'd have ~$1.4M play with if Dalquist does not sign. For the reason you mentioned these 3 aren't highly ranked, I think that amount plus their respective $125K standard bonus could get it done. I get they're not nationally ranked, but part of the appeal of getting a high schooler is to hope that they break out once they hit pro ball and become legit prospects.

Side note, I thought Glass was a done deal at ~$200K, though I'd be surprised that's all it takes, since he's an intriguing prospect.

Absolutely, I mean that would be making the best of the situation, but I'm just saying if they didn't sign Dalquist (which isn't likely unless his physical was terrible), even if we sign these guys I would not feel like the situation was salvaged. I'd take 1 dalquist over 4 of these trenkle, britt, etc in a heartbeat (even though tinstaapp)