Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Princess Dye

Delmonico is not yet done

Recommended Posts

For those up in arms about my field of dreams joke, it was just that, a joke. I like Nicky a lot and I didn’t even send it to him directly. Also, as the Sox are currently constructed (mid December) a scenario where Judge and Delmonico playing the OF and Covey and Cole starting is just a couple of injuries away. Also it is more of a joke based on an article that WSD wrote when they announced this game. He said this game proves the White Sox are done messing around. And the field of dreams proves that. It’s all in good fun! I love the White Sox more than you can ever know. I’ve cheered them when they didn’t deserve it and I sure as heck can heckle them when they deserve it

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

For those up in arms about my field of dreams joke, it was just that, a joke. I like Nicky a lot and I didn’t even send it to him directly. Also, as the Sox are currently constructed (mid December) a scenario where Judge and Delmonico playing the OF and Covey and Cole starting is just a couple of injuries away. Also it is more of a joke based on an article that WSD wrote when they announced this game. He said this game proves the White Sox are done messing around. And the field of dreams proves that. It’s all in good fun! I love the White Sox more than you can ever know. I’ve cheered them when they didn’t deserve it and I sure as heck can heckle them when they deserve it

You currently have 11 laughing emojis so I think alot of people get that it was just a joke...and a very funny one at that.  Keep up the good work.  Like I said before, it is a long offseason and we need some laughs.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianAnderson said:

Let him continue his dream in Charlotte. Always need guys like him for a 15 day period when injuries arise - guys who have had MLB experience. Not a huge deal. 

That being said, I really wouldn't mind the day we can fully close the chapter on 2015-2019

Nicky is our support system if someone goes out on maternity leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

For those up in arms about my field of dreams joke, it was just that, a joke. I like Nicky a lot and I didn’t even send it to him directly. Also, as the Sox are currently constructed (mid December) a scenario where Judge and Delmonico playing the OF and Covey and Cole starting is just a couple of injuries away. Also it is more of a joke based on an article that WSD wrote when they announced this game. He said this game proves the White Sox are done messing around. And the field of dreams proves that. It’s all in good fun! I love the White Sox more than you can ever know. I’ve cheered them when they didn’t deserve it and I sure as heck can heckle them when they deserve it

I'm glad to learn that you didn't send it to Nicky. However, it's still out there and easy enough for him to see. I hope that he would take as just good natured humor. One can imagine that it wouldn't be the most welcoming thing for him to view. He seems like such a nice kid and I love his story.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wegner said:

Actually I think you can love the Sox and still think that Field of Dreams post was very clever.  It is a long offseason and I love to laugh.  That post helped with both of those things for me.

Thank you. That is all I  was getting at. Orlando's post was funny. Now I might get a little defensive if a Yankees fan posted that or a cubs fan. But it wasn't. It was posted from a Sox fan. And I think Sox fans "get it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mqr said:

I can't imagine feeling the need to respond to a tweet from a generally likeable guy like an asshole like a bunch of the responses to that tweet are. 

No joke.  How miserable must you be in your own life to just want to tear down someone else for getting a chance to live out their dream.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People feeling sorry for people who they really don't know, who have more money, get laid more, in general are 100 x cooler than we can ever be.

 

Always a good laugh.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

People feeling sorry for people who they really don't know, who have more money, get laid more, in general are 100 x cooler than we can ever be.

 

Always a good laugh.

Cool.  I don't know someone and they have more money.  That gives someone free license to be a complete douche?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fathom said:

Sox twitter is freaking horrible right now.  It’s worse than it was after Manny’s decision.

 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The comments on his twitter announcement are pretty shitty 

To quote Jurko on ESPN 1000... "Twitter: Where idiots go to play"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depth at all positions is very important. It’s a long season and things happen. If Nicky did get called up I think it would be because he was performing at a high level. Let’s strive to be positive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, smellysox said:

Thank you. That is all I  was getting at. Orlando's post was funny. Now I might get a little defensive if a Yankees fan posted that or a cubs fan. But it wasn't. It was posted from a Sox fan. And I think Sox fans "get it"

I suppose that one could have that perspective. However, if I were Nicky, and a Yankee fan posted such a meme, I would simply chalk it up to a fan of a rival team, in a gesture of bravado, boasting of dominance and superiority. What might hurt more is the thought that my own team's fans think so little of me. I understand, it's easy to forget that players are just people, with feelings. Delmonico seems like such a genuinely good kid and one who has experienced some difficult life challenges, off the field. The good part is that a lot of fans here seem to have embraced his return to the organization and wish him well, myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know he was not part of the organization.  When was he let go?

I assumed he was a bench guy or hurt at the end of the year...huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same people who are giving grief about a comment on Twitter are the same people on this board going off non stop on Hahn and everybody else over the years. 

I get that Twitter is different, but Nicky knows that too. I'm sure it's not the first time someone has said something to him online. Also he's a grown adult, i'm sure he's self aware enough to realize his standing in MLB life... it's basically over except for random chances like this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lillian said:

I suppose that one could have that perspective. However, if I were Nicky, and a Yankee fan posted such a meme, I would simply chalk it up to a fan of a rival team, in a gesture of bravado, boasting of dominance and superiority. What might hurt more is the thought that my own team's fans think so little of me. I understand, it's easy to forget that players are just people, with feelings. Delmonico seems like such a genuinely good kid and one who has experienced some difficult life challenges, off the field. The good part is that a lot of fans here seem to have embraced his return to the organization and wish him well, myself included.

As a professional athlete, I’m sure he is used to his fair share of criticism regardless of where it comes from. These guys have been dealing with haters their whole professional career. Personally, I don’t get why you’d want to go out of your way and personally attack a player directly, but some people find the need to do so, especially on Twitter as it gives those keyboard warriors a platform. Delmonico has been incredibly meh for the Sox, but I totally like the guy as I’ve met him in the past. He’s extremely nice, just sucks at baseball at the major league level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Orlando said:

 

 

Every Sox fan should be outraged over this promo. Anderson was the friggin batting champion. What about Moncada, Abreu, Gio, Eloy J ???

Cole hasn't thrown one damn pitch in an Yankees uniform yet but they made sure to feature him.

Have the White Sox fallen that far out of national prominence ?

What an indictment of ownership.

Edited by GradMc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Every Sox fan should be outraged over this promo. Anderson was the friggin batting champion. What about Moncada, Abreu, Gio, Eloy J ???

Have the White Sox fallen that far out of national prominence ?

What an indictment of ownership.

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but a fan made it as a joke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I didn't know he was not part of the organization.  When was he let go?

I assumed he was a bench guy or hurt at the end of the year...huh.

They released him after he injured his shoulder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Every Sox fan should be outraged over this promo. Anderson was the friggin batting champion. What about Moncada, Abreu, Gio, Eloy J ???

Have the White Sox fallen that far out of national prominence ?

What an indictment of ownership.

@Orlando your photoshop skills are apparently better than we all thought 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

@Orlando your photoshop skills are apparently better than we all thought 

Mlb should hire me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Cool.  I don't know someone and they have more money.  That gives someone free license to be a complete douche?  

Don't know dude... I lived with some division 1 football players.  Some that went to the NFL. Loved those guys but they litterally are gods to everyone - children look up to them, the public worships them, they have awesome opportunities.

Attacks on families, health issues, some things are out of line.  But insinuating that someone isn't good - couldn't give a flying fuck. Waste of time feeling sorry for pro athletes in that vein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but a fan made it as a joke.  

A friend of mine sent me this without providing proper context.

I feel better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×