Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rankin

Jose Rodriguez is worth monitoring in White Sox system

Recommended Posts

Sleepy Harold makes his FutureSox debut!

Give his story a read, which focuses on a potential diamond in the rough among Sox prospects, HERE.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff.  I'm surprised he isn't on our Top 30 Prospect list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Good stuff.  I'm surprised he isn't on our Top 30 Prospect list.

For what it's worth, he's #30 for FutureSox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love hearing about guys like this! Thanks for posting.  Love Futuresox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty adamant about Rodriguez in the FutureSox thread most of the year. Hell I made a thread about him towards the end of the year here. 

 

 

Needless to say I like his start and the tools.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

74 ks to 18 bb in the lowest minor league levels isn't a good sign. Hopefully he can improve on this. Seems like he has a good swing.

Edited by Chisox378

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

74 ks to 18 bb in the lowest minor league levels isn't a good sign.

Holy hell, learn other statistics and evaluation tools. Especially when scouting teenagers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all, I'm (as well as @SoxAce and the rest of the Rodriguez STANs) are hoping for big things from Jose this year.

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

74 ks to 18 bb in the lowest minor league levels isn't a good sign. Hopefully he can improve on this. Seems like he has a good swing.

THAT was your entire takeaway from the article, nothing else? LOL man, you stay true to your shtick that's for sure. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quin said:

For what it's worth, he's #30 for FutureSox.

You're correct.  I was looking at the Pipeline Top 30 on ChiSox web site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Quin said:

Holy hell, learn other statistics and evaluation tools. Especially when scouting teenagers.

Now we've solved the mystery of why Tatis was traded...his numbers in AZ (extended spring training) were fed into a spreadsheet that spit out "strikes out too much, doesn't walk enough."

Boom.  All of White Sox L.A. prospects gone. 

"You don't walk off the island," as they say in the Dominican.  Statniks/OPS devotees unhappy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rankin said:

Sleepy Harold makes his FutureSox debut!

Give his story a read, which focuses on a potential diamond in the rough among Sox prospects, HERE.

Rankin  I know it's still a little early but when are we going to get a new top 30 prospect list at futuresox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Quin said:

Holy hell, learn other statistics and evaluation tools. Especially when scouting teenagers.

You may be right when considering 18 year olds k to walk, but once a player gets in 20's the k to w you see in the minors usually carries over to the majors. And a 5 to 1 k to walk rate is not a hitter I'm interested in, or if I am he better hit with the average of Tim Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, smellysox said:

Rankin  I know it's still a little early but when are we going to get a new top 30 prospect list at futuresox?

We are eying to release an updated top 30 around February. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, SoxAce said:

I was pretty adamant about Rodriguez in the FutureSox thread most of the year. Hell I made a thread about him towards the end of the year here. 

 

 

Needless to say I like his start and the tools.

Definitely one of my favorite follows. Great Falls will be loads of fun, presumably, next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×