Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

Fegan via source: Cishek deal last major deal for Sox this offseason

So sounds like no bullpen pieces or platoon RFers. If Cishek is a "major move" than those would be too. Looks like the team is set.

I imagine this means it's the last, expected, bigger move. The sox shouldnt be done exploring improvements for the team - I imagine the others just feel more far fetched and less likely.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I imagine this means it's the last, expected, bigger move. The sox shouldnt be done exploring improvements for the team - I imagine the others just feel more far fetched and less likely.

I was thinking the same thing. Ya never know! Who knows what team could be calling and trying to jack up a trade.

Ok'd by me. I feel like another OF signing would render Leury mostly moot.  

I wouldn't hate a stopgap 2B, but OK with Leury and Mendick getting the early looks there.  

• Like 2

He didn’t say they are done. It addresses there last need but that doesn’t mean they are done adding pieces. Where does it say they are done?

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

He didn’t say they are done. It addresses there last need but that doesn’t mean they are done adding pieces.

It was sent via push notification but also it's in the athletic article.

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It was sent via push notification but also it's in the athletic article.

I can’t read the full article or have a subscription to it. Can you please post the quote here? Thanks!

Edited by maloney.adam

I can’t see them not bringing in a super utility guy and simply rolling with what we have. As constructed that seems to be really the last piece we need to go into the season.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

I don’t have access to the article or have a subscription to it. Can you please post it here? Thanks!

"A source indicates this is likely the White Sox’s last major move of an offseason"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I can’t read the full article or have a subscription to it. Can you please post the quote here? Thanks!

He said "A source indicates this is likely the White Sox’s last major move of an offseason that was as productive, active and aggressive as any team in the league."

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

"A source indicates this is likely the White Sox’s last major move of an offseason"

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

He said "A source indicates this is likely the White Sox’s last major move of an offseason that was as productive, active and aggressive as any team in the league."

Thanks! 

• Like 1

So is the encarnacion deal official?

If true its not overly surprising.  I could see a stopgap 2B and maybe a few minor league contracts for pen arms.  Beyond that the roster looks pretty full.

I think it is true unless something unforeseen happens. Like Nick Castellanos and Marcel Ozuna see severe reductions in money and years. 

15 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Can bold the relevant part?

Any minor moves with upside out there? For utility man, I like Dietrich

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

For who? A reliever?

Most likely, yeah. Or a position player they thinks fits the roster better (such as a RF/UTIL who crushes LHP) 

I am starting to think the Sox will hold onto Collins as insurance; it sucks for Collins, but with Edwin and McCann only signed through next year, an opportunity could open up next year for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Most likely, yeah. Or a position player they thinks fits the roster better (such as a RF/UTIL who crushes LHP) 

That would be a dreadful return for Collins. If you're not finding a team who trusts him as a catcher, might as well wait it out. Stock cant get much worse.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That would be a dreadful return for Collins. If you're not finding a team who trusts him as a catcher, might as well wait it out. Stock cant get much worse.

In the latter proposal that I'm assuming you're referring to (a platoon player), I think McCann would be the one going. Collins should at least get you multiple years of a reliever