Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KnightsOnMintSt

White Sox Hitters Camp

Recommended Posts

Just saw on the White Sox Instagram that there is a hitters camp going on right now in AZ. Videos on Instagram showed Grandal and Mendick getting some work in the cage in.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a second I thought this was about White Sox kids camps; I have very fond memories of White Sox kid camps. I only attended one year when I was really young, and I vividly remember leaving thinking I was the next Frank Thomas - then as time went on I realized that the majority of the kids attending camp at that age had never really played the game and I had been doing private lessons for 1 year by that age. Still, looking back I put my odds on being a big leaguer based on those results at -1000; not every chalk cashes!

Instead we're talking about people with actual talent and skills in this thread working on their profession. I digress.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Just saw on the White Sox Instagram that there is a hitters camp going on right now in AZ. Videos on Instagram showed Grandal and Mendick getting some work in the cage in.

I assume this is the same mini-camp they've been doing with their top prospects the past few years?  Not sure.  Still nice to see guys putting in work! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I assume this is the same mini-camp they've been doing with their top prospects the past few years?  Not sure.  Still nice to see guys putting in work! 

Yep they've been doing it for a few years now.  Good way to build a little camaraderie with the new guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't recall a Sox player being in any kind of camp this early. Not even Abreu is there THAT early. Grandal really works his ass off. Fantastic leader.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I can't recall a Sox player being in any kind of camp this early. Not even Abreu is there THAT early. Grandal really works his ass off. Fantastic leader.

I could be wrong but I thought the camp was always this early, and veterans did show up. Theyll go home soon for another month off.

We usually get a complete list of names before hand though. Seems this one just popped up. Anyone got the list?

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×