Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hogan873

Will There Be a 2020 Season?

Will there be a 2020 season? And if so, what will it look like?  

147 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you THINK is going to happen?

    • Season is cancelled
      59
    • Season starts in June with all teams in AZ. No fans all season.
      10
    • Season starts in June with teams at spring training facilities. No fans all season.
      14
    • Season starts in June either in AZ or spring training sites, and limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer
      21
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks with no fans all season
      19
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks. Limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer.
      22
    • Another scenario...leave some comments
      2


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

 

This is a joke. Manfred is a moron. 

It's not Manfred per se. It's the owners sticking to their number. Now the question Manfred who works for the owners not the players will need to answer is what is the best for the game? Letting the players have their full prorated salary or let the owners lose money. He has said he hopes they work it out but will institute the season with a certain number of games. My guess it will about 54 , if there is no deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's not Manfred per se. It's the owners sticking to their number. Now the question Manfred who works for the owners not the players will need to answer is what is the best for the game? Letting the players have their full prorated salary or let the owners lose money. He has said he hopes they work it out but will institute the season with a certain number of games. My guess it will about 54 , if there is no deal.

I was going to say, there's not a lot he can right now. Better to let the 2 sides come to an agreement rather than screwing over one side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

My guess it will about 54 , if there is no deal.

Any ideas on what the players will do? Do you think some will sit out? Will they all 'strike'? Will they just agree to it and play ball? 

I know they had an agreement earlier on, but seems like some players voiced their concerns over a shortened season. 

As a fan, a short 48 game season is pretty pathetic, especially with the extended playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ptatc said:

The only one who may not be ready is Rodon. They should have Giolito, Kopech, Cease, Gonzalez and Keuchal.

I remember Rodon being talked about as being ready around the All Star Break, and by the time they start a season, that is about where we will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Any ideas on what the players will do? Do you think some will sit out? Will they all 'strike'? Will they just agree to it and play ball? 

I know they had an agreement earlier on, but seems like some players voiced their concerns over a shortened season. 

As a fan, a short 48 game season is pretty pathetic, especially with the extended playoffs. 

They aren't allowed to strike. Players can sit out but they won't get paid. I don't think Manfred will pick a number. I think they'll agree on 60 games and expand the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I remember Rodon being talked about as being ready around the All Star Break, and by the time they start a season, that is about where we will be.

This is true. That's why I said may not be. It's a close timeline but he could be ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They aren't allowed to strike. Players can sit out but they won't get paid. I don't think Manfred will pick a number. I think they'll agree on 60 games and expand the playoffs. 

That would be the best scenario. It they way it should have been. However you can see the players wanting to make more 9f their money and the owners protecting themselves if there is no playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

That would be the best scenario. It they way it should have been. However you can see the players wanting to make more 9f their money and the owners protecting themselves if there is no playoffs.

The owners haven't really budged off their percentages. They're just prolonging the time spent debating. The 72 game proposal from today is the equivalent of prorated pay for 58 games. I think the owners come up from 58 in exchange for expanded playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The owners haven't really budged off their percentages. They're just prolonging the time spent debating. The 72 game proposal from today is the equivalent of prorated pay for 58 games. I think the owners come up from 58 in exchange for expanded playoffs. 

Correct. The only thing they are changing is offering more games and a percentage if the playoffs happen. Other than that it's the same dollar amount they have stated the entire time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smellysox said:

That could be a really deep rotation. And then Rodon could be ready by August. 

With our deep rotation...I would favor a schedule loaded with double headers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I remember Rodon being talked about as being ready around the All Star Break, and by the time they start a season, that is about where we will be.

Coop said Kopech is ready and Rodon is pretty close to being ready and ot could be a matter of weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Coop said Kopech is ready and Rodon is pretty close to being ready and ot could be a matter of weeks. 

Kopech even got some run in the fall league if I remember right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kopech even got some run in the fall league if I remember right.

Yes he did in Arizona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like our roster in a short season format like this. Let’s go - play ball ( please ). 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Quin said:

 

WTF is with the owners???? They're sending the same proposal over and over again in disguise. 

They're not engaging in good faith negotiations. They have to give a little. I think the players will give a bit if they actually negotiate. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

WTF is with the owners???? They're sending the same proposal over and over again in disguise. 

 They're not engaging in good faith negotiations. They have to give a little. I think the players will give a bit if they actually negotiate. 

Have the players made any proposal yet that was at less than full prorated dollars? I see it as the players being greedy here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares anymore? Call me when you have a deal, jackasses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Rosemont would be a good spot for the Sox taxi squad team.  

The Gary team just officially shut down for the season. Not sure if the rest of the teams in the area have done the same or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Gary team just officially shut down for the season. Not sure if the rest of the teams in the area have done the same or not.

It's now a 6 team league with the Chicago Dogs playing out of the Milwaukee Milkmen stadium.  What a coincidence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

WTF is with the owners???? They're sending the same proposal over and over again in disguise. 

They're not engaging in good faith negotiations. They have to give a little. I think the players will give a bit if they actually negotiate. 

It's not in disguise. The players know the number the owners want to be at so the dont lose money. The owners are trying to find a scenario the players will like better. If the players dont like the added games, Manfred will institute the number of games at full prorated salary that meets this number it's about 58.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's now a 6 team league with the Chicago Dogs playing out of the Milwaukee Milkmen stadium.  What a coincidence.  

Where is that stadium. I've never heard of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×