Jump to content
Orlando

Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fathom said:

In the fun to dream category, Clevinger and Bauer are super close.  It would only help the Sox if they go after Bauer this offseason.

Friends and family plan Part Deux !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we all recall that CLE still needs to pay up for the IOU they gave us to take Alonso. So time to pay the piper “Cleveland”, we’ll take clevinger and you get back Engel...MAYBE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s more about the intra-division aspect of it and the fact Cleveland’s pitching lab is amongst the best in baseball.  It’s terrifying to think what they could do with that kind of arm and the risk it posies for the second half of our window.

With what offense though?  Lindor will be gone and Santana is old.  I feel like their pitching will always be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's what I thought but I always ask to make sure.

Ohmigosh...it was a joke because everyone is so angry about what happened the last time we thew in a no-name wildcard in a trade for an older pitcher.  I mean honestly the likelihood of Elijiah being the best player in baseball in three years is about as likely as it was for his brother.  It's baseball...weird things happen.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

I hope we all recall that CLE still needs to pay up for the IOU they gave us to take Alonso. So time to pay the piper “Cleveland”, we’ll take clevinger and you get back Engel...MAYBE

I did love that Bob starts off the trade proposal by listing Engel first.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s more about the intra-division aspect of it and the fact Cleveland’s pitching lab is amongst the best in baseball.  It’s terrifying to think what they could do with that kind of arm and the risk it posies for the second half of our window.

Not real worried about the 2nd half of the window if Clevinger, Gio, Keuchel , Cease, Dunning for the 1st half .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have some sympathy for how terrible it must be to be a CLE fan despite the orgs competence the last 30 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Clevinger won't be dealt here, too many other teams out there 

Maybe the Indians view Kopech as the best pitching prospect in the sport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fathom said:

With what offense though?  Lindor will be gone and Santana is old.  I feel like their pitching will always be good.

Also if it’s not kopech it will be some other mid round dude they turn into Shane Bieber. They have all those 17 year olds they’ve drafted that will eventually arrive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

Maybe the Indians view Kopech as the best pitching prospect in the sport?

If so then I really don't want to deal him. They know their pitching.

I would really like to get Clevinger though. He's been fantastic.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I do have some sympathy for how terrible it must be to be a CLE fan despite the orgs competence the last 30 years

If they want big leaguers we don't really match then, unless they want Collins or McCann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Also if it’s not kopech it will be some other mid round dude they turn into Shane Bieber. They have all those 17 year olds they’ve drafted that will eventually arrive

Can we steal some of their pitching scouting and development employees? We're not bad at it but starting with Kluber they've been somethin' else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, almagest said:

If so then I really don't want to deal him. They know their pitching.

I would really like to get Clevinger though. He's been fantastic.

If they want big leaguers we don't really match then, unless they want Collins or McCann.

Or Vaughn and maybe they consider him ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, almagest said:

If so then I really don't want to deal him. They know their pitching.

I would really like to get Clevinger though. He's been fantastic.

If they want big leaguers we don't really match then, unless they want Collins or McCann.

Who is going to offer compelling big leaguers? The point of trades is to improve, not many have surplus MLB talent.

Thats stuff that cLE are saying to not be embarrassed they are in first and firesaling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

It's probably wrong. Only 2 teams are interested? Doubtful

Interested no. Continuing negotiations? Possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone I’d still be down for but not knowing the price at all is Musgrove.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Who is going to offer compelling big leaguers? The point of trades is to improve, not many have surplus MLB talent.

Thats stuff that cLE are saying to not be embarrassed they are in first and firesaling

Probably, but if there's a headliner they want blocked by someone else that could make sense.

Also I assume Cleveland is looking to trade Clevinger because of the team drama but maybe that's just an excuse.

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Or Vaughn and maybe they consider him ready.

Could be. They do need hitting. I think this would be a mistake though. I think Vaughn is Goldschmidt Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Someone I’d still be down for but not knowing the price at all is Musgrove.

 

He's hurt with triceps inflammation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He's hurt with triceps inflammation.

I thought he was just activated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Clevinger is a good pitcher but Kopech will win multiple Cy Youngs.   Please don’t get fleeced like this.

Multiple CY's? We should be happy if he pitches 2 consecutive seasons

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×