NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

First game is tonight so might as well get this rolling.

I am not very positive toward the bears. To me in the nfl if you aren't rising you are falling, and a lot of the bears media seem to be trying to make the case that this 2020 bears team would be a playoff team in 2019. But I see a better lions, vikings team, and the packers are the packers. NFC west looks tough, but maybe east and south are bad and bears can fight into a wild card.

58 minutes ago, bmags said:

First game is tonight so might as well get this rolling.

I am not very positive toward the bears. To me in the nfl if you aren't rising you are falling, and a lot of the bears media seem to be trying to make the case that this 2020 bears team would be a playoff team in 2019. But I see a better lions, vikings team, and the packers are the packers. NFC west looks tough, but maybe east and south are bad and bears can fight into a wild card.

I think it will come down to injuries and how the oline holds up. If injuries are manageable and aren't to like a critical difference maker on the D and the oline plays solid - I think we are talking about a 10-11 win team.  I expect the offense to be better - doesn't take much to be honest.  Having real TE's will be huge and Mitch is going to be better than last year and Foles is also better than Mitch was last year. I'm not saying either will be good or great...but better than the play the team got last year.  

I still have no idea why the Bears signed Graham over Ebron. 

An interesting excerpt from the Athletic: 

https://theathletic.com/2036987/2020/09/10/the-athletics-nfc-confidential-the-leftovers/

Chicago Bears: “David Montgomery is steady, big, powerful, and he has good balance. He didn’t have a lot of help last year. They didn’t run block very well. He’s a singles and doubles guy. He’s patient, hard to tackle. He can wear you down. He’s not dynamic, but he can be a bell cow.” … “If they run the ball a lot, and give him the ball on the first two downs, (Montgomery) will give you a manageable third down.” …  “The Bears have the best group of receivers in the division. Allen Robinson is the best receiver in the NFC North. Ted Ginn should help. When Anthony Miller’s shoulder isn’t popping out, he’s good after the catch.” … “The Packers made the right decision letting Jimmy Graham go. He’s been with Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers, and he didn’t do much. Now he’s a big target, one-speed guy, kind of like Kyle Rudolph. He is better than what they’ve had.” 

When have you ever heard the bolded from an NFC scout about the Bears? If only they had Watson instead of Trubisky.....

Edited by Jack Parkman

40 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

https://theathletic.com/2036987/2020/09/10/the-athletics-nfc-confidential-the-leftovers/

When have you ever heard the bolded from an NFC scout about the Bears? If only they had Watson instead of Trubisky.....

Did that scout just forget about Davante Adams? Don't get me wrong, AR is great. But Adams is an elite WR. 

19 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Did that scout just forget about Davante Adams? Don't get me wrong, AR is great. But Adams is an elite WR. 

Arguable....Availability matters. 

The guy he really forgot about is Kenny Golladay. Golladay and Marvin Jones>>Robinson and Miller. Golladay is every bit as good as Adams and Robinson. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Arguable....Availability matters. 

The guy he really forgot about is Kenny Golladay. Golladay and Marvin Jones>>Robinson and Miller. Golladay is every bit as good as Adams and Robinson. 

Hey I agree

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Don't live in the past or what ifs Jack. It won't help anything now.

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Exactly, unfortunately the Bears have given us ample temptations over the years.

If you're being honest with yourself, it's just pointless mental masturbation. 

Neither Watson nor Mahomes are a Bear. Tatis Jr. isn't a Sox. We all need to get over it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you're being honest with yourself, it's just pointless mental masturbation. 

Neither Watson nor Mahomes are a Bear. Tatis Jr. isn't a Sox. We all need to get over it. 

Yep. Fortunately I did awhile ago.

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Crazy that the Bears were a finalist for Brady & the only thing stopping it was the weather (allegedly). I guess that shows that the FO knows Trubisky blows and that they were in fact trying to find a true replacement, not mediocre competition.

Would have been a good move. I was a fan of them going after him.