AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF CLINCHING WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Nothing surprises me anymore, but I can’t believe it’s 2020 and people are still worried about ESPN and what sort of coverage the Sox get? This isn’t 2003 where Baseball Tonight was must-watch for highlights across the league. 

Maybe it is because our guys deserve credit for an amazing achievement? Being on ESPN is important for brand exposure as well. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Who cares? Quit trying to catch hurt feelings and enjoy the moment. 

As I said, our guys deserve credit for working hard and accomplishing something many thought they wouldn't this season. It's not simply a missed number or year. The lead for our game was Donaldson getting tossed out. The guys and organization deserve this moment. 

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

It's been talked about but after what happened at the Chiefs game I'd be surprised if it did.

...because somebody got Covid who also attended a game?  10s of millions in the US have contracted it since the start of the year.  Stop living in fear.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Maybe it is because our guys deserve credit for an amazing achievement? Being on ESPN is important for brand exposure as well. 

I understand how the dissing by ESPN can be annoying.  Personally it doesn't bother me too much because I stopped watching ESPN years ago...but it really does seem to be deliberate at this point.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I understand how the dissing by ESPN can be annoying.  Personally it doesn't bother me too much because I stopped watching ESPN years ago...but it really does seem to be deliberate at this point.

It means something to our guys as well because Tim called them out on it. At this point, we are trying to become a big boy in this league with name recognition. It sucks but ESPN is a part of that, as they are the big sports network worldwide. This is why i really appreciate Jose Abreu, who has done a great job recruiting and adding class and respect to our name. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

It means something to our guys as well because Tim called them out on it. At this point, we are trying to become a big boy in this league with name recognition. It sucks but ESPN is a part of that, as they are the big sports network worldwide. This is why i really appreciate Jose Abreu, who has done a great job recruiting and adding class and respect to our name. 

Alright you convinced me...I will add a Respect Chicago shirt to my order :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Hopefully they use it as motivation and not a victim complex.

29 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

A lot of young talent.. but Abreu still the general and best player.

I'm happy for him.

This is me. I know we are going to have a long wonderful ride with these guys, but Abreu will only be there for the beginning. I would have never dreamt that in 2014 that It would be 6 years for him to make the playoffs, and that it may not have happened. That guy is what sports are about. 6 years we’ve watched him.

6 years we’ve over analyzed and blamed him for not being perfect.

And now when the team May have needed him both least and most he took the bull by the ducking horns and blasted this team to the best in the AL. Fuck. Yeah. Jose.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

4fd8dp.jpg

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm sorry you forgot "MAZARA AND EE SUCK" "FOCUS ON THE 2021 PLAYOFFS" and "WHAT ABOUT JAMES SHIELDS?"

I find it hilarious that you all think you are right. As if fans can't celebrate and still discuss other matters relevant to the success of this team moving forward. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I find it hilarious that you all think you are right. As if fans can't celebrate and still discuss other matters relevant to the success of this team moving forward

Not my point at all. 

I guess I should have included my original caption:

"GET IN LOSERS, I'M DRIVING"

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I find it hilarious that you all think you are right. As if fans can't celebrate and still discuss other matters relevant to the success of this team moving forward. 

Yes, that's why I see Adam Dunn and James Shields mentioned ad nauseum.

But forreal, let's partaaaay 

FormalUglyCockerspaniel-size_restricted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

...because somebody got Covid who also attended a game?  10s of millions in the US have contracted it since the start of the year.  Stop living in fear.

I would say be careful where the health of others may be at risk. Slippery slope. 

• Like 1