Jump to content
Greek-konerko

Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Recommended Posts

Just now, fathom said:

What happened 

They asked if they think TLR, after being out of the game for so long, will have trouble relating to younger players.

 

Eaton then laughed and said, "I gave you your two minutes, have a good day." And hung up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eaton is a locker room cancer, but you can survive that when you have strong, mature leadership from the manager ahhhhh fuck

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rowand44 said:

Is it though?  Even if you want to throw away 2020, it's not like Eaton's bat was miles better than Mazara's in 2019.  Eaton was a tad above average offensively in 2019 but as I said was trending downward even before 2020.  Even if you want to look at this thing optimistically the best you can expect is an average offensive player who can't really play defense anymore.  Add in the clubhouse issues and it's just not worth it.

Perfectly said, there is no upside to this move at all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KrankinSox said:

They asked if they think TLR, after being out of the game for so long, will have trouble relating to younger players.

 

Eaton then laughed and said, "I gave you your two minutes, have a good day." And hung up.

off to a great start, definitely matured!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KrankinSox said:

They asked if they think TLR, after being out of the game for so long, will have trouble relating to younger players.

 

Eaton then laughed and said, "I gave you your two minutes, have a good day." And hung up.

Sounds like he is as mature as ever 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The important thing to remember is that this means we basically got Giolitto, Lopez and Lynn for Avery Weems.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What is good about the White Sox filling their two biggest holes without spending any money?

I thought the White Sox were going to spend money this off-season. I guess they are technically "spending."

Can't wait for our big acquisition to be a closer lol.

With the decrease in revenue this past season and into next season, did you really expect big spending? Even the Dodgers cut 30% of their front office staff.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

With the decrease in revenue this past season and into next season, did you really expect big spending? Even the Dodgers cut 30% of their front office staff.

I also am beginning to wonder if they won’t go more than one year with anyone this offseason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ptatc said:

With the decrease in revenue this past season and into next season, did you really expect big spending? Even the Dodgers cut 30% of their front office staff.

Expecting something and accepting something are two different things. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

I also am beginning to wonder if they won’t go more than one year with anyone this offseason

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am ok with this. Eaton was always solid. However...

The only disappointment for me is that it's only for one year, so clearly we're not looking too a long-term solution like Springer.

There's literally no excuse not to sign Bauer now. That's the only thing that makes this move good. And when inevitably he doesn't sign here oh, there's going to be hell to pay! (On this forum)

Edited by RagahRagah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Is it though?  Even if you want to throw away 2020, it's not like Eaton's bat was miles better than Mazara's in 2019.  Eaton was a tad above average offensively in 2019 but as I said was trending downward even before 2020.  Even if you want to look at this thing optimistically the best you can expect is an average offensive player who can't really play defense anymore.  Add in the clubhouse issues and it's just not worth it.

Unfortunately, the White Sox budget doesn't allow them to shop for players without warts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

Expecting something and accepting something are two different things. 

Accepting it doesn't matter. It's the reality of the sports world right now. It's happening in all of the major sports with the decrease in revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

They asked if they think TLR, after being out of the game for so long, will have trouble relating to younger players.

 

Eaton then laughed and said, "I gave you your two minutes, have a good day." And hung up.

Lmao.....this is awesome.

At the least there is entertainment value in this. Im sure the FO will love the immediate PR debacle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I am perfectly fine with this. Eaton was always solid. 

The only disappointment for me is that it's only for one year, so clearly we're not looking too a long-term solution like Springer.

There's literally no excuse not to sign Bauer now. And when inevitably he doesn't sign here oh, there's going to be hell to pay! (On this forum)

That's the only part of this that I like.  I am fine with an option as well, just in case he does rake this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Lmao.....this is awesome.

At the least there is entertainment value in this. Im sure the FO will love the immediate PR debacle. 

They couldn't let it calm down after the TLR stuff. Need to keep themselves in the news cycle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Accepting it doesn't matter. It's the reality of the sports world right now. It's happening in all of the major sports with the decrease in revenue.

We're forgetting that a lot of teams are still spending money and someone is going to pay for Bauer. It should be us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RagahRagah said:

We're forgetting that a lot of teams are still spending money and someone is going to pay for Bauer. It should be us.

No one is really spending money. And the elite players will get good contracts but not what it would have been begore, unless they take shorter deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wegner said:

That's the only part of this that I like.  I am fine with an option as well, just in case he does rake this year.

I guess what I should have said was simply the part about not having a long term RF. Obviously we're not going after Springer now, and likely not Brantley unless they really want to pay him to DH. But obviously the big one is the one we all want the Sox to sign. To me, that alone would make Eaton worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I am perfectly fine with this. Eaton was always solid. 

The only disappointment for me is that it's only for one year, so clearly we're not looking too a long-term solution like Springer.

There's literally no excuse not to sign Bauer now. And when inevitably he doesn't sign here oh, there's going to be hell to pay! (On this forum)

If they are dicking around with 1m or 2m differences in deciding OF choice do you think they are going to spend 150m on a pitcher?

Lynn was the TOR addition....and its cause it was only 8m. 

They aren't spending any money this year.

None.

Nada.

Zero. 

JR is like Smaug in The Hobbit who loves to roll around in his gold coins. No one can have any of it. Not even like one coin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxnfins said:

With this deal, honestly this is screaming that we've got Coles/Cespedes rather confidently.

Yes, yes, everything is a big puzzle needing to be figured out on a message board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×