Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Hector is almost too convinced. Maybe Nelson Cruz is really contemplating taking the Sox offer

Maybe the Sox are the best offer for Cruz but he's holding out hope that the NL has a DH and more offers will come through. Ridiculous that MLB hasn't resolved the NL DH situation yet just a few weeks before Spring Training.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He obviously has some connections, but it just feels like he's jumping the gun. I don't understand how they have no money for a SP, but they do for a DH?Ā 

I mean his source appears to be Nelson Cruz himself. He could also just be doing a buddy a favor to get the Twins to up their offer (they already did according to Heyman). And I get that logic but once they signed Eaton it felt like they had no money. You could have said ā€œthey only have 8mil for a RF how could they afford 54 Mil for a closer!ā€ But they seem to be going to cheap in some areas to bolster others. Who knows

Edited by Orlando

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I mean his source appears to be Nelson Cruz himself. He could also just be doing a buddy a favor to get the Twins to up their offer (they already did according to Heyman). And I get that logic but once they signed Eaton it felt like they had no money. You could have said ā€œthey only have 8mil for a RF how could they afford 54 Mil for a closer!ā€ But they seem to be going to cheap in some areas to bolster others. Who knows

Just seems odd to take your biggest need and give it the smallest budget, hahaha. I don't necessarily think he's helping Cruz out. Nobody else has mentioned his tweets or connected the Sox to Cruz like he has. IDK, I guess we'll see what ends up happening.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Just seems odd to take your biggest need and give it the smallest budget, hahaha. I don't necessarily think he's helping Cruz out. Nobody else has mentioned his tweets or connected the Sox to Cruz like he has. IDK, I guess we'll see what ends up happening.Ā 

Yeah man, I donā€™t have high hopes for the prospects of getting Cruz but I didnā€™t think Closer was a big need either and they broke the bank. If there is anything this team spends on its closers and aging sluggers

On 1/22/2021 at 12:52 PM, peanut33tillman said:

Hector is clearly using the Sox as leverage to get Cruz a better deal And itā€™s obviously working. Nothing to see here boys.Ā 

Using Reinsdorf as leverage for better deals elsewhere has been a time-honoredĀ tradition employedĀ by both MLB and NBA agents.

The Torri Hunter / Tracy McGradyĀ heists were legend.Ā 

Reinsdorf whining about paying MJ fair market valueĀ has had an everlasting effect on A-list difference makers in either sport considering playing for the Sox or Bulls.

I dare say LBJ and Wade would have been playing for the Bulls rather than the HeatĀ had MJ been in the room during those negotiations.

MJ should be at least part owner of the Bulls.

How many more championship banners would be hanging from the rafters in the NBA's Sistine Chapel ?

Some legacy, Reinsdorf.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Orlando said:

Yeah man, I donā€™t have high hopes for the prospects of getting Cruz but I didnā€™t think Closer was a big need either and they broke the bank. If there is anything this team spends on its closers and aging sluggers

Other than Koch, Robertson and Linebrink/Dotel, we havenā€™t historically spent a ton of money bring in outside talent for the pen.

Ā 

6 hours ago, Orlando said:

Hector is almost too convinced. Maybe Nelson Cruz is really contemplating taking the Sox offer

It's always possible that Cruz wants a crack at a World Series before he hangs them up. Glancing over his career stats, I think his only World Series appearance was a loss in 2010 while with Texas.

JRā€™s history has never been to pay starting pitchers (long term) he thinks they are a huge risk for injury and quite frankly many of them are, he doesnā€™t mind paying for everyday players and he loves homeruns. Maybe he is taking the angle of hitting over pitching and running with that. Even his young pitchers like kopechĀ and crochet have gotten hurt. One year deals to an everyday player are right in his sweet spot. Hopefully it happens but we still need pitching depth even if they are veteran projects coming off injury. Hope it gets done.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Other than Koch, Robertson and Linebrink/Dotel, we havenā€™t historically spent a ton of money bring in outside talent for the pen.

Ā 

So when you exclude the 5Ā times they've done so over a 20 year period (adding in Hendricks) they haven't done it.Ā 

I see...one problem with this logic.

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

Cruz + WainwrightĀ + Molina / Flowers = drooling

I'd be content - not drooling haha. A bunch of 40 year olds coming over to join old man LaRussa. Me also thinks LaRussa is going to be a bit Dusty Baker with timeshares ... i can see him leaning on Molina & Cruz more heavily than he should.Ā 

Ā 

Really as long as we don't trade Madrigal or Vaughn or Kopech I'm happy.Ā 

2 hours ago, quickman said:

JRā€™s history has never been to pay starting pitchers (long term) he thinks they are a huge risk for injury and quite frankly many of them are, he doesnā€™t mind paying for everyday players and he loves homeruns. Maybe he is taking the angle of hitting over pitching and running with that. Even his young pitchers like kopechĀ and crochet have gotten hurt. One year deals to an everyday player are right in his sweet spot. Hopefully it happens but we still need pitching depth even if they are veteran projects coming off injury. Hope it gets done.

See: John Danks. I think that was the nail in the coffin right there...

Am I the only guy that doesn't want Cruz because of this cheating with PEDs. I have said this before: you have to be naive to not think that Cruz is on on PEDs.Ā 

I know he has never actually been caught, failed drug test caught, and only caught by connection to that whatever lab, but still, it's unreasonable to think he's not on them. The way he has gotten better in his upper 30s, his connection to PEDs in the past. Lance Armstrong when years and years winning Tour de France races, while not getting caught when everyone know he was on PEDs. So don't use his never failing drug tests as an example of his innocence.Ā 

Plus many, many people on this forum have complained about his PED use in his years with the Twins. But now that he's available, we want his PED cheating ass with the Sox? That just seems so hypocritical to me,Ā "He pisses me off that he cheating for Minny, but wait; now I want him to come cheat for the Sox".Ā 

I don't want to cheer for a cheater; I don't. If that means the Sox win a few less game, so be it. But I think the Sox can be (and are right now)Ā a World Series contender without the putting the odor of PED cheating on any success the Sox have in the upcoming years.Ā 

Again, I don't want to cheer for a cheater.Ā 

9 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Am I the only guy that doesn't want Cruz because of this cheating with PEDs. I have said this before: you have to be naive to not think that Cruz is on on PEDs.Ā 

I know he has never actually been caught, failed drug test caught, and only caught by connection to that whatever lab, but still, it's unreasonable to think he's not on them. The way he has gotten better in his upper 30s, his connection to PEDs in the past. Lance Armstrong when years and years winning Tour de France races, while not getting caught when everyone know he was on PEDs. So don't use his never failing drug tests as an example of his innocence.Ā 

Plus many, many people on this forum have complained about his PED use in his years with the Twins. But now that he's available, we want his PED cheating ass with the Sox? That just seems so hypocritical to me,Ā "He pisses me off that he cheating for Minny, but wait; now I want him to come cheat for the Sox".Ā 

I don't want to cheer for a cheater; I don't. If that means the Sox win a few less game, so be it. But I think the Sox can be (and are right now)Ā a World Series contender without the putting the odor of PED cheating on any success the Sox have in the upcoming years.Ā 

Again, I don't want to cheer for a cheater.Ā 

Until he gets caught and suspended per the current policy I will assume he is innocent and worth cheering for if he become a member of the Chicago White Sox.

Quick name me all the MVP's, HR titles and World Series victory's they took back because of PED's ?

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min