Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Garbage dump pitchers I don't *like* like but like more than garbage

Wouldn't mind a Odorizzi / Paxton / Roberto Osuna additions this year! At this point I'm pretty much hoping for anyone and anything. It's been pretty dead out there on any rumors for CWS :(. 

5 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Wouldn't mind a Odorizzi / Paxton / Roberto Osuna additions this year! At this point I'm pretty much hoping for anyone and anything. It's been pretty dead out there on any rumors for CWS :(. 

Would I mind two of the best starting pitchers on the market signing? No.

Would I mind a horrible piece of shit signing? Yes.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

But he can be our horrible piece of shit.

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

Meh, Osuna prior to the injury was a top 3 closer in the bigs. If you can get him signed to a two year deal for minimal $$$ and it works out the bullpen could be the best in baseball for the next 2 years. Hell, it might even be the best right now. 

Definitely not something that will happen and maybe not something that even should happen, but it'd be cool. 

Who else is someone we could realistically add on a minor league deal? Maybe Matt Shoemaker?

17 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Meh, Osuna prior to the injury was a top 3 closer in the bigs. If you can get him signed to a two year deal for minimal $$$ and it works out the bullpen could be the best in baseball for the next 2 years. Hell, it might even be the best right now. 

Definitely not something that will happen and maybe not something that even should happen, but it'd be cool. 

dear second worst poster on the site

Yea it would be cool to have a domestic abuser on the team.  Very cool.  

sincerely, the worst poster on the site

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Who else is someone we could realistically add on a minor league deal? Maybe Matt Shoemaker?

He seems to be sneaky good when healthy. Rich Hill? Arrieta? Peacock? Godley? McHugh? Eikhoff? Harvey?

Still a lot of names I'd be fine with.

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

He seems to be sneaky good when healthy. Rich Hill? Arrieta? Peacock? Godley? McHugh? Eikhoff? Harvey?

A guy I would have liked to add if he was available is Ross Stripling. A good swing guy who goes back and forth between the rotation and pen and puts up decent numbers doing it (minus 2020). Someone like that would be a good add since we are going to need rotation depth.

If they have a little dough left, Shoemaker and Cespedes would be nice. 

18 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

A guy I would have liked to add if he was available is Ross Stripling. A good swing guy who goes back and forth between the rotation and pen and puts up decent numbers doing it (minus 2020). Someone like that would be a good add since we are going to need rotation depth.

I'd love Stripling.  Always been a big ffan of him. But he'd be valuable to the Blue Jays since they're in win now.

• Like 1

These are my favorite types of signings to be honest. I was all excited for Ervin Santana one year .... haha. They never turn out but I always hold out hope for the comeback story. 

This year I don't have a ton on the list, next year is primed with a bunch of nice short term guys. 

I've banged the drum on Rich Hill for like two years, not exactly garbage heap at all. His velocity took a bit of a dive as did he peripherals but he also continues to put up a 3ERA. nothing to sneeze at and should be available on a year deal at just a few million. 

Matt Shoemaker is one of my favs too. He's going to give you about 5 innings all year, but when he's healthy hes still decent. 

McHugh and Peacock - both guys interest me. More because of like 2017/8 memories. not sure of their latest velocities and health etc. 

David Robertson - why not? I guess? 

That's about it. 

31 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I think the rough part is even if you get most of these guys to take a minor league deal, they are going to want an OK amount of money if they make the team, and they are also going to want a pretty firm opt out if they don't make the team.  You won't be able to keep a Rich Hill or Jake Arrieta around for months in Charlotte on a MiLB deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think the rough part is even if you get most of these guys to take a minor league deal, they are going to want an OK amount of money if they make the team, and they are also going to want a pretty firm opt out if they don't make the team.  You won't be able to keep a Rich Hill or Jake Arrieta around for months in Charlotte on a MiLB deal.

Exactly. Ideally, they're able to find a guy they can stash at Charlotte and a guy they can have a 6th starter/long relief role at the MLB level.

at this I have very little clue who is minor league quality. Peacock has enough injury baggage that he could work, I obviously love how he was an effective swing man.

I still think Jimmy Nelson would be interesting, but there has been so little about him that you assume his back still sucks. And that's not even his shoulder.

Stripling would be a good idea, I just think he signs somewhere.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am completely fine with that.  Who knows, maybe they look great and you put them on the active roster and Rodon to the DL (more likely) or bullpen if healthy.  There's ways around this.  If they look bad, to the minors they go, or DFA.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

at this I have very little clue who is minor league quality. Peacock has enough injury baggage that he could work, I obviously love how he was an effective swing man.

I still think Jimmy Nelson would be interesting, but there has been so little about him that you assume his back still sucks. And that's not even his shoulder.

Stripling would be a good idea, I just think he signs somewhere.

Stripling isn't a FA.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Stripling isn't a FA.

Sheesh what y'all doing putting trades in the garbage dump pile.

• Haha 1

I don't think we are signing anyone but just wanted to note this tweet on Sanchez since he was a guy I thought could bounce back:

I'm going to guess he waits for some injuries in ST and then gets a major league deal.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I don't think we are signing anyone but just wanted to note this tweet on Sanchez since he was a guy I thought could bounce back:

I'm going to guess he waits for some injuries in ST and then gets a major league deal.

I thought he signed with the Giants.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Aaron Sanchez silly goose.

Ahhhhhh!