Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

NFL 2021 offseason thread

Posted (edited)

I don’t see this happening. The Broncos have Bridgewater and Lock and the Raiders have Carr and Mariota.

Edited by maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Broncos have Bridgewater and Lock. The Raiders have Carr and Mariota.

Probably why the 49ers were brought up.

Trade him to the Jets for like 5 first round picks. 

If it happens, its going to be around the first ten or so picks tonight.  I don't think they would trade him after for picks that are probably going to be a lot lower going forward. 

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

If it happens, its going to be around the first ten or so picks tonight.  I don't think they would trade him after for picks that are probably going to be a lot lower going forward. 

For sure, or even post-draft.

But boy it sure has escalated from Rodgers is unhappy, to rappaport saying it was just contract drama, to then it being a whole bunch of people clearly from rodgers side being like no I thought I was being traded get me out.

But the lesson of the offseason so far has just been if the teams don't want to trade, just hold on, it eventually gets tenable.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Are you sure about that? 

Not being traded today!

Edited by Soxfest

1 minute ago, bmags said:

For sure, or even post-draft.

But boy it sure has escalated from Rodgers is unhappy, to rappaport saying it was just contract drama, to then it being a whole bunch of people clearly from rodgers side being like no I thought I was being traded get me out.

But the lesson of the offseason so far has just been if the teams don't want to trade, just hold on, it eventually gets tenable.

Definitely shocking to hear, but I can't figure out if this is a push for another year on the contract or something more serious, like get me out of here.

The other thing is like, if its not to the 49ers and it cant be, Rodgers is taking a risk going to probably a less talented team and in Mahomes division maybe.

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

Definitely shocking to hear, but I can't figure out if this is a push for another year on the contract or something more serious, like get me out of here.

The other thing is like, if its not to the 49ers and it cant be, Rodgers is taking a risk going to probably a less talented team and in Mahomes division maybe.

For Rodgers, San Fran is clearly best, and they'll have a decent package only pre-draft.

For Packers, I feel like Denver would definitely be one of the more attractive packages in getting him out of NFC, getting top 10 pick and the potential they still aren't that good for the next (realistically) 2 years of picks.

But I think every nfl fan has to feel like he just ends up in NE because that's just how stuff works for them.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

For Rodgers, San Fran is clearly best, and they'll have a decent package only pre-draft.

For Packers, I feel like Denver would definitely be one of the more attractive packages in getting him out of NFC, getting top 10 pick and the potential they still aren't that good for the next (realistically) 2 years of picks.

But I think every nfl fan has to feel like he just ends up in NE because that's just how stuff works for them.

NE is one team that has the picks. 

I always thought next year would be Rodgers last, they have to rework the roster after that anyway, so might as well give it one more shot and then call it.

I’m not setting my expectations high for tonight. I expect them to strike out on a deal to move up and just stay at number 20. I can see them drafting Mond in the second round. 

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m not setting my expectations high for tonight. I expect them to strike out on a deal to move up and just stay at number 20. I can see them drafting Mond in the second round. 

If they get him and an O-line in round 1 that would be a really good start.

Bears getting a franchise QB and Rodgers being traded would be one of the best days in Bears history.

Therefore it wont happen.

Posted (edited)

I have no idea who this guy is but he has a blue check mark. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have no idea who this guy is but he has a blue check mark. 

Hes quoting Schlereth, but he is considerably more legitimate than a lot of people who are quoted here.

Here is where things get interesting.  The Lions want to deal this pick I imagine.

Wow...Panthers pass on Fields & Mac.  Broncos the last threat before the Patriots or another team trading up.

Bears can trade up and get a QB iif they want. I think Cowboys wanted CB and could drop back