Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Spring Training thread

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

96 hours until Tim Anderson shoots a base hit into right field. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aeichhor said:

 

Cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aeichhor said:

 

Can I hate all three of these? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Hamilton making the team as wasting a roster spot in this age of huge bullpens for a pinch runner/defensive replacement who can't hit doesn't make much sense but as long Vaughn is playing left basically every time the Sox lead after 6 or 7 he will get pulled from the game and Defensively replaced. 

Ideally Vaughn gets on base in the 7th, then gets pinch run for and then Hamilton stays in the game for defense. 

If the Sox had a more capable defensive left fielder carrying Hamilton would make no sense of course as there wouldn't be enough opportunities to create value for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Not a fan of Hamilton making the team as wasting a roster spot in this age of huge bullpens for a pinch runner/defensive replacement who can't hit doesn't make much sense but as long Vaughn is playing left basically every time the Sox lead after 6 or 7 he will get pulled from the game and Defensively replaced. 

Ideally Vaughn gets on base in the 7th, then gets pinch run for and then Hamilton stays in the game for defense. 

If the Sox had a more capable defensive left fielder carrying Hamilton would make no sense of course as there wouldn't be enough opportunities to create value for him. 

I really don’t see how Hamilton survives once Engel comes back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t see how Hamilton survives once Engel comes back.

Yea - he won’t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Cischek picked up by the Angels. Hope to see plenty of him this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohtani got shelled tonight and left with a blister. We may avoid him this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Yea - he won’t.

Hamilton is good as gone as soon as Engel is back or else he will need to agree to a minor deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, quickman said:

Hamilton is good as gone as soon as Engel is back or else he will need to agree to a minor deal. 

When is engel expected back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Baker said:

Ohtani got shelled tonight and left with a blister. We may avoid him this weekend. 

He can't stay healthy as a pitcher. Idk how much longer before they just put him in RF and be done with it.

Ohtani trying to do both diminishes his value as both a hitter and a pitcher. Dude needs to just pick one. IMO he's a better hitter than pitcher.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quickman said:

Hamilton is good as gone as soon as Engel is back or else he will need to agree to a minor deal. 

See also, saying the same thing in different ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Probably mid April

Thanks hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Probably mid April

I think he's back before then possibly the 1st week of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

He can't stay healthy as a pitcher. Idk how much longer before they just put him in RF and be done with it.

Ohtani trying to do both diminishes his value as both a hitter and a pitcher. Dude needs to just pick one. IMO he's a better hitter than pitcher.  

Easy to say. I saw him pitch in person a few years ago before the injury and he was ELECTRIC. Can't just ignore his stuff. Worth making it work if you're them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Baker said:

Ohtani got shelled tonight and left with a blister. We may avoid him this weekend. 

 

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

 

We hit him pretty good in a ST start earlier didn’t we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t see how Hamilton survives once Engel comes back.

Yes, when Engel is back you don't need him anymore. I think he is a stopgap to survive the Vaughn in LF adventure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 8:08 PM, flavum said:

96 hours until Tim Anderson shoots a base hit into right field. 

Angels starters Bundy Heaney Cobb Ohtani who might be a scratch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×