Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Maybe we’ll be ok with just Engel, Robert and Eaton until the trade deadline. We just give up quite a bit of production on offense for better defense in the outfield with Engel. We can’t afford anymore injuries though.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so fucking brutal. just sign Cespedes already and see what's up in July

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly at this point anything that allows him to come back this season will be a pleasant surprise. I've allowed my mind to go to dark places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

 

That's at the more conservative end of the return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Jim Duquette saying torn pec, out til August

If its the pec ONLY and its August that's prolly the best we can reasonably expect. 

I would not expect a major trade if thays the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maloney.adam said:

Maybe we’ll be ok with just Engel, Robert and Eaton until the trade deadline. We just give up quite a bit of production on offense for better defense in the outfield with Engel. We now have to stay healthy without anymore injuries.

No. Sign Puig or Cespedes and bench them when Eloy comes back. They would have made a nice 1 year check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All because he wanted to gallivant around in the OF. God damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Honestly at this point anything that allows him to come back this season will be a pleasant surprise. I've allowed my mind to go to dark places.

Yes and anything that avoids the shoulder/labrum is good. 

I dont want any long term issues from this injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

If its the pec ONLY and its August that's prolly the best we can reasonably expect. 

I would not expect a major trade if thays the case. 

He must be really tight muscularly if the pec went before the shoulder.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If its the pec ONLY and its August that's prolly the best we can reasonably expect. 

I would not expect a major trade if thays the case. 

I wouldn’t expect a major trade anyways until they know the attendance situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Way more than that. They’re not just gonna give him away

I was being sarcastic because of the Dalquist lost and him not having defensive value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

@ptatc that 5-6mo estimate include the rehab time?

Yes. Healing is around 8-12 weeks. Then it's getting it stretched out and strengthened which it usually another 8-12 weeks. However, he must be really tight to tear the muscle before the shoulder went so it may take a little longer.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He must be really tight muscularly if the pec went before the shoulder.

So, if true, this is better than shoulder I take it?  Seems like it to me but I am no expert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Puig is sorta...not available. At the very least, MLB probably wouldn't let you play him.

A earlier in March ago Luba was saying he's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If he can be back by August, and based on ptac's expertise.... I was expecting MUCH worse.  Would not mind a flyer on Cespedes with basically "Abreu says you're gone, you're gone" mandate to him.  

 

EDIT:  I LOVE ptac's info, above reads wrong... I mean ptac's expertise on timeline

Edited by SoxFan562004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I wouldn’t expect a major trade anyways until they know the attendance situation 

So were just gonna wallow in mediocrity then with scrub bats at both corner OF positions in the midst of the championship window?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BFirebird said:

So, if true, this is better than shoulder I take it?  Seems like it to me but I am no expert.

Depends on the number of motor units in the muscle that are lost. It its a significant number he could lose some strength that won't return. However, with being a right handed hitter, the pec on the left isn't as important.

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

Depends on the number of motor units in the muscle that are lost. It its a significant number he could lose some strength that won't return. However, with being a right handed hitter, the pec on the left isn't as important.

Thanks @ptatc.  You are the best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A earlier in March ago Luba was saying he's available.

Puig's agent was saying Puig was available? Shocker. The team already rejected him so I am not sure why he keeps getting brought back up other than the Cuban memes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What a bucket of cold water. I'm so over Eloy and his bumbling oafishness. Incredibly frustrating.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Depends on the number of motor units in the muscle that are lost. It its a significant number he could lose some strength that won't return. However, with being a right handed hitter, the pec on the left isn't as important.

I'm no pro athlete or anything, but I've had 4 surgeries on my feet in the last 2 years and from personal experience, muscle atrophy is a b****. 

It took me 15 months to feel normal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×