Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Because his flyball rate was 9%. Luck had nothing to do with it. His cutter forced hitters into driving the ball straight into the ground.

It takes luck to have a zero percent home rate.  I agree his pitches had great movement, that said, there was obviously luck involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

The game against KC where he didn't backup Grandal behind the plate and the ball went under Grandal's legs cause he was busy checking out for the dugout for some reason. Made up for it with that walk off though

It's these kinds of plays that drive me crazy about Grandal. I hope he grows on me this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It takes luck to have a zero percent home rate.  I agree his pitches had great movement, that said, there was obviously luck involved.

Kind of hard to hit a home run without hitting the ball in the air. Even the fip fanboys must agree with that considering the entire premise of fip is Ks, BB and home runs is the only thing a pitcher controls. Try to find another pitcher with 9% fly ball rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bmags said:

Forgive me I had a dumb day but what pitcher are we facing?

Bundy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

It's these kinds of plays that drive me crazy about Grandal. I hope he grows on me this season.

Grandal is good at everything except blocking pitches in the dirt. He sucks at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Grandal is good at everything except blocking pitches in the dirt. He sucks at that. 

And catching the ball for plays at the plate.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ptatc said:

And catching the ball for plays at the plate.

Touche. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good framer...but that has 0 value when the strike zone becomes automated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Scoreboard watching on game 1, got to love it lol 

That will make for a very long year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaughn number 25.  Hamilton number 0, which is how many AB’s I hope he gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

And catching the ball for plays at the plate.

Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Scoreboard watching on game 1, got to love it lol 

You have to when you're bored waiting for your game to start all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I wish Engel was playing in CF.  So speedy.

Instead of Robert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Leury Garcia is just another guy that the Sox can’t seem to get out of the lineups, like Yolmer Sanchez and Delmonico. So anyway, what is the strategy  having Garcia batting 6 and Robert 7?

Edited by Fernando Tatis Jr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fernando Tatis Jr said:

Leury Garcia is just another guy that the Sox can’t seem to get out of the lineups, like Yolmer Sanchez and Delmonico. So anyway, what is the strategy  having Garcia batting 6 and Robert 7?

Like how they rushed him back for postseason and he was terrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news: I’m on vacation in Florida 

Bad news: eastern time zone 

 

I’m not making it to 10pm 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Like how they rushed him back for postseason and he was terrible

La Russa must think there is some value in having three switch hitters in a row in the middle of the lineup, because otherwise it really doesn’t make any sense IMO.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im guessing it’s just Bundy has considerably worse numbers vs LH.

...but Leury isn’t good vs RHP so 🤷‍♂
 

Leury seems like a fast starter typically thou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Im guessing it’s just Bundy has considerably worse numbers vs LH.

...but Leury isn’t good vs RHP so 🤷‍♂
 

Leury seems like a fast starter typically thou

Bundy is definitely better vs. RH. But like you said, it also depends on who's hitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Angels have a great line-up.  I think the Sox would compare to some degree  if Eloy was in there. Anyway, the Angels are a tough team to start the season against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tray said:

The Angels have a great line-up.  I think the Sox would compare to some degree  if Eloy was in there. Anyway, the Angels are a tough team to start the season against.

Angels fans are saying the same thing about the Sox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×