Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soxfan49

4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Four fucking slap hitters in a row in 2021...😣

The Championship window is open.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

How many times did we mention this a few months ago?

Way too many unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, fathom said:

Couldn’t disagree more 

Why? 

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cease has calmed down. much needed. If the Sox can't score 2 off Ohtani, then they don't deserve to win the game, simple as that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maloney.adam said:

Why?

With the lack of starting pitching depth, no way to tell how long you can go with these 5 before having to go down to some questionable minor leaguers.  Sox have a soft schedule to start and they need to pad their win totals. Much easier to trade a few months from now if there are injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's mic makes it sound like everything will be hit to the moon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Are they both Dominican? World baseball classic?

I didn't think Rodriguez played in 2009, but I know he did in 2006 for the USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s stunning that MLB is flailing at a National level with broadcasts like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The Championship window is open.

It still has a screen on it.

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

3 hard hit balls right at people.

Both sides though, last two innings cease gave up a lot of crushed balls at people in the outfield. But an out is an out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Cease has calmed down. much needed. If the Sox can't score 2 off Ohtani, then they don't deserve to win the game, simple as that. 

I mean the Angels are squaring up everything.  8 balls in play at over 100 mph exit velocity.  Super lucky to have only allowed two runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

With the lack of starting pitching depth, no way to tell how long you can go with these 5 before having to go down to some questionable minor leaguers.  Sox have a soft schedule to start and they need to pad their win totals. Much easier to trade a few months from now if there are injuries.

Yeah but would you rather be fully healthy going into the playoffs than what they are experiencing now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mqr said:

It’s stunning that MLB is flailing at a National level with broadcasts like this. 

It's unbelievable how great their college basketball & college football coverage is while they fail at every other sport 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I didn't think Rodriguez played in 2009, but I know he did in 2006 for the USA

Gotcha.  I wasn't sure and was guessing.  Was too lazy to look up. Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

ESPN's mic makes it sound like everything will be hit to the moon.

 

Seriously, I feel like every ball hit, is going 600 feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maloney.adam said:

Yeah but would you rather be fully healthy going into the playoffs than what they are experiencing now?

With the expanded playoffs gone, you worry about making it first. It’s definitely not going to be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Both sides though, last two innings cease gave up a lot of crushed balls at people in the outfield. But an out is an out 

Much better than continued balls and walks. Cease needs to suck it up here and get through 5 to not burn the bullpen beyond the heavy use they’ve already endured, with no off day and late night travel to Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah but would you rather be fully healthy going into the playoffs than what they are experiencing now?

Also there’s no rule saying you can only have a maximum amount of injuries.  The longer you go without them, the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That splitter is unhittable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

Also there’s no rule saying you can only have a maximum amount of injuries.  The longer you go without them, the better.

It's not even like two players being out right now is an abnormal amount. You have to build teams with depth. More times than not, you're going to be missing at least 1 key player at a given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

With the expanded playoffs gone, you worry about making it first. It’s definitely not going to be easy.

 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also there’s no rule saying you can only have a maximum amount of injuries.  The longer you go without them, the better.

You have some good points there but I wouldn’t take too much stock into what’s going on right now. The West Coast has always been a thorn in our side. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yermin back to earth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah but would you rather be fully healthy going into the playoffs than what they are experiencing now?

We are back to the old format.  You either win the division or you are one of two wild card teams. Last year's sox team misses the playoffs if we followed that format.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×