And that’s a white Sox winner!!!

Chisoxfn

Very fun and easy game to enjoy. 15 Ks was likely not expected today, but glad to have listened to the broadcast (beyond the few minutes lost to network issues.

Also first game to watch live with https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/ , a most excellent website.

Hopeful for another win tomorrow with Lucas vs. another LH starter (Paxton), hopefully Keuchel can pitch decent and they leave with a sweep.

I expect this to be a one page thread. :D

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Very fun and easy game to enjoy. 15 Ks was likely not expected today, but glad to have listened to the broadcast (beyond the few minutes lost to network issues.

Also first game to watch live with https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/ , a most excellent website.

Hopeful for another win tomorrow with Lucas vs. another LH starter (Paxton), hopefully Keuchel can pitch decent and they leave with a sweep.

I expect this to be a one page thread. :D

When will Grandal receive an apology from you?

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

When will Grandal receive an apology from you?

LOL, five games into a season. Dude, you're like a sad little puppy dog, following your master around the house begging for a treat.

Never said he was a bad player, said he was a bad fit due to the team's budget, existing assets when he signed, and too large of a contract over four years for a catcher in his 30s, especially in light of the various other older player signings (Parrot and  Keuchel last year, Hendriks and Lynn if they extend him, plus Eaton who was a mistake).

Tony La Russa and Liam Hendriks approve of this message.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Carlos and Kopech were unhittable, Vaughn is a better LF than Eloy.......Moncada and Abreu were meh although Moncada got two hits late.

Madrigal looking like defense is not a strong suit for him.

Ruiz looking good as well.

my bold prediction coming to ya 

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

Missed this game. Imagine my surprise to see a 0 on the board with Rodon pitching. Was this more of a defensive or lucky outing or did Carlos actually look like the guy we drafted?

He looked fantastic. Best fastball command I've seen from him in a long time, and he was hitting 97/98 at times. He looked like a completely different pitcher.

28 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Carlos and Kopech were unhittable, Vaughn is a better LF than Eloy.......Moncada and Abreu were meh although Moncada got two hits late.

Madrigal looking like defense is not a strong suit for him.

Ruiz looking good as well.

Agreed. Seattle is not a good team, but there were a few jams and Rodon was composed and focus, and did not let Seattle back into it when in the past he may have.

More comfortable Kopech will be permitted to reach 100 + innings, allowing him into the rotation next year. Will allow avoidance of a Lynn extension.

Yermin and Grandal were solid. Would extend the Madrigal comment to its looking like MLB is not his strong suit, and another wasted CWS Top Overall Draft pick.

I was able to see a few innings of Rodon pitching, and he looked great.  Command and confidence.  He did a nice job with fastball location, and his multiple-speed sliders kept the hitters off balance.  Anybody have money on Rodon being the best pitcher through one rotation of the starters?

I can't wait until the Sox are done with this damn west coast swing.  I want to watch an entire game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I was able to see a few innings of Rodon pitching, and he looked great.  Command and confidence.  He did a nice job with fastball location, and his multiple-speed sliders kept the hitters off balance.  Anybody have money on Rodon being the best pitcher through one rotation of the starters?

I can't wait until the Sox are done with this damn west coast swing.  I want to watch an entire game.

Amen

42 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

He looked fantastic. Best fastball command I've seen from him in a long time, and he was hitting 97/98 at times. He looked like a completely different pitcher.

If guys like Mercedes, Rodon, and Kopech are showing what they are going to consistently be then my tone will shift to a more optimistic side pretty quickly.