Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ron883

Dane Dunning Thread

Recommended Posts

He pitched a gem in his first start. 5 innings, 6 SO, no walks, 3 hits. Really hoping this one doesn't bite us in the arse... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ron883 said:

He pitched a gem in his first start. 5 innings, 6 SO, no walks, 3 hits. Really hoping this one doesn't bite us in the arse... 

Who against?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, why exactly do people do this to themselves? You don't need to closely track every player that's been traded away, you seemingly gain nothing from it but misery, seems really dumb.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

So, why exactly do people do this to themselves? You don't need to closely track every player that's been traded away, you seemingly gain nothing from it but misery, seems really dumb.

I did it for Caulfield. He needs an ex Sox player to follow with Tatis Jr. out for an extended period. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said after the trade it’s plausible Dunning is better than Lynn THIS year. Awful trade.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ron883 said:

I did it for Caulfield. He needs an ex Sox player to follow with Tatis Jr. out for an extended period. 

Now what, you want an upvote for that, lol?

Dunning is a pedestrian pitcher over the long term, like a Chris Bassitt, and Balta will make this point about Lynn/Dunning more often than I need to.

That said, having Bassitt, Montas and Semien never prevented the A's from making the post-season.

 

And Tatis, as it turns out, isn't going to be out for very long...unless he re-injures it again, in which case he will miss the remainder of the season with surgery.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fine, since you asked...

https://www.mlb.com/news/dane-dunning-jonah-heim-stand-out-for-rangers

 

Also, interesting they notice how hard he gets the 2nd/3rd time through and were planning to tandem start him...can’t remember the last time a Sox rookie pitcher threw 51 strikes in 70 pitches...Buehrle?

“The right-hander looked like he might be in for a tough night when Bo Bichette clubbed a solo home run off him in the first inning, but that was the only run Dunning allowed in the contest. The 26-year-old was expected to tandem start with Wes Benjamin on Tuesday, but Dunning was efficient enough with his pitch count -- he tossed 70 pitches in total (51 for strikes) -- that he remained in the game long enough to pick up the win. After a solid rookie campaign with the White Sox last season, Dunning is off to a strong start with his new team following an offseason trade. He's next expected to start Monday at Tampa Bay.”

cbssports.com

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ron883 said:

I did it for Caulfield. He needs an ex Sox player to follow with Tatis Jr. out for an extended period. 

So you intentionally started a troll thread?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

1. Dunning is a pedestrian pitcher over the long term, like a Chris Bassitt, and Balta will make this point about Lynn/Dunning more often than I need to.

2. That said, having Bassitt, Montas and Semien never prevented the A's from making the post-season.

1. If you can already tell that Dunning is a pedestrian pitcher this early into his career, I congratulate you for your all-seeing ability. That aside, he's still somehow been able to produce more fWAR than the awesome walk machine Dylan Cease over the course of their careers.

2. Holy shit, Chris Bassitt, he of the 1.5 fWAR before TJS, and 4.0 fWAR SINCE TJS [at the league minimum salary] could have PREVENTED the As from making the post-season? Marcus Semien, and his 17.9 fWAR he produced while in Oakland [prior to FA] would have PREVENTED the As from making the post-season?!? Exactly how?

 

Say BTW, what Golden God did those geniuses in the SOX FO get in exchange for giving up ~20 or so fWAR between Bassitt/Semien/Phegley? Did the SOX make the post-season, or did the As make the post-season after that genius move? Did the As end up "mired in mediocrity," or did they laugh their ASSES OFF at the SOX FO? After all, Bassitt [at the league minimum], Semien [at pre-FA prices], and Phegley really fucked the As over, amirite?

 

...just askin'

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

1. If you can already tell that Dunning is a pedestrian pitcher this early into his career, I congratulate you for your all-seeing ability. That aside, he's still somehow been able to produce more fWAR than the awesome walk machine Dylan Cease over the course of their careers.

2. Holy shit, Chris Bassitt, he of the 1.5 fWAR before TJS, and 4.0 fWAR SINCE TJS [at the league minimum salary] could have PREVENTED the As from making the post-season? Marcus Semien, and his 17.9 fWAR he produced while in Oakland [prior to FA] would have PREVENTED the As from making the post-season?!? Exactly how?

 

Say BTW, what Golden God did those geniuses in the SOX FO get in exchange for giving up ~20 or so fWAR between Bassitt/Semien/Phegley? Did the SOX make the post-season, or did the As make the post-season after that genius move? Did the As end up "mired in mediocrity," or did they laugh their ASSES OFF at the SOX FO? After all, Bassitt [at the league minimum], Semien [at pre-FA prices], and Phegley really fucked the As over, amirite?

 

...just askin'

Sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, NCsoxfan said:

Like I said after the trade it’s plausible Dunning is better than Lynn THIS year. Awful trade.

this one didn't age well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 11:49 AM, EloyJenkins said:

this one didn't age well. 

Oh really? 

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this thread more of a "Hopefully he sucks because I want the Sox to win this trade" or is it a "Good luck to him when he's not pitching for the Sox"? Personally I hope he succeeds, just not against us.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

So is this thread more of a "Hopefully he sucks because I want the Sox to win this trade" or is it a "Good luck to him when he's not pitching for the Sox"? Personally I hope he succeeds, just not against us.

Not really any "winning" unless we 1) sign Lynn to a 2-3 year extension, or 2) don't sign him, extend Gio and/or get enough production from Kopech/AAA-AA to capably replace him in the rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Not really any "winning" unless we 1) sign Lynn to a 2-3 year extension, or 2) don't sign him, extend Gio and/or get enough production from Kopech/AAA-AA to capably replace him in the rotation.

3) Lynn is a major part of getting the Sox to the playoffs, and ideally to at least the ALCS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 6:16 AM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Dunning will get absolutely blasted in his next start.

Should have bet some money on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×