Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT

25 minutes ago, BBaum21 said:

I’m a Naperville Central alumnus and covered Lopez when he was with the Redhawks and he’s a great guy with great family, but you hit nail on head with that.

Constant refrain from Benetti every time the Sox play the Royals. Does get a little old sometimes.

I have absolutely nothing against the guy, it's just as you said, it's every time.  

1 minute ago, SoxFanForever said:

Kinda amazing that Madrigal has started pretty much every game despite being bad in every facet yet Vaughn can barely get in the lineup. 

Not disagreeing on Madrigal, but who would you play in his place? Mendick has to play SS, Leury is an abomination as an everyday player, and Lamb would mean Yoan had to shift to second.

Again, I agree he has sucked, but not many choices at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Just now, YoYoIsMyHero said:

So he's pressing, but started to look good, so he'll sit him? 🤨

Tbh this is all seems like a "power move" on his part. Probably didn't like that he was told Vaughn will be up and the man at DH and as a "this is my clubhouse and nobody tells me what to do" is just sending 2 big middle fingers to the FO by sitting him often. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This is one way to handle your top prospect...

This shit is infuriating.

It’s opening day too. Why not let him experience it at home for the first time? No one in that stadium is paying to see Williams in LF

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Why do you keep saying that?

Say what?  That it’s not good enough to contend?  Because IMO it’s not. Too many weak hitters and we can’t hit RHP.  If they’re relying on Engel to fix all the issues, then that’s their fault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Say what?  That it’s not good enough to contend?  Because IMO it’s not. Too many weak hitters and we can’t hit RHP.  If they’re relying on Engel to fix all the issues, then that’s their fault.

At this point are we even sure we can beat a decent right hand starter? 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Despite all the weakness, Sox position players are collectively 4th in MLB in fWAR and 7th in wRC+ through the first week of the season. That’s certainly enough to contend this season if the pitching is as good as advertised.

by the way, they’re ahead of the darling Padres and Yankees in both categories. The offenses that everyone gushes about.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just go trade for a LF that can slug a bit. This lineup just isn’t good enough to contend.

I bet this is still a top 5 offense at the end of the year, even without Eloy.  You talk like it’s bottom half which just doesn’t seem possible

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Despite all the weakness, Sox position players are collectively 4th in MLB in fWAR and 7th in wRC+ through the first week of the season. That’s certainly enough to contend this season if the pitching is as good as advertised.

by the way, they’re ahead of the darling Padres and Yankees in both categories. The offenses that everyone gushes about.

Because they still destroy LHP.  Scoring 3-4 runs a game vs RHP won’t work.  

• Kalapse changed the title to Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic