Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
smalls2598

Sox vs Indians, Monday April 12th, 7pm

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was at a game that Klay Thompson hit walk off and now I see a Nick William's I guess walk off??

Inconceivable.

I was at a Trayce Thomson buzzer beater a couple years ago. It was awesome. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I was at a Trayce Thomson buzzer beater a couple years ago. It was awesome. 

Haha I did screw that up 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, one way to look at it is that simply "treading water" and staying around .500 (likely 6-8 games over) until the end of July might be the way this division goes.

CLE doesn't have the offense to bury anyone, despite their pitching strengths.

The Twins are having all kinds of bullpen/late game issues and also have to figure out how to keep Josh Donaldson and Nelson Cruz healthy.

Everyone's going to need to go 13-6 or 14-5 against the Tigers, if not 15-4/16-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, one way to look at it is that simply "treading water" and staying around .500 (likely 6-8 games over) until the end of July might be the way this division goes.

CLE doesn't have the offense to bury anyone, despite their pitching strengths.

The Twins are having all kinds of bullpen/late game issues and also have to figure out how to keep Josh Donaldson and Nelson Cruz healthy.

Everyone's going to need to go 13-6 or 14-5 against the Tigers, if not 15-4/16-3.

The Sox just need to figure out how to not play like horseshit.  Some (lots) of these ABs with RISP and damn pathetic.  Yermin with the bases juiced nobody out is an excellent example of this.  Normally he's aggressive on the first pitch and the guy threw a slow meatball about thigh high middle of the playe IIRC and he took it, then took another one not much better, then Kd on a hanging breaking ball that dropped in on the inside corner.  And this is our best hitter ATM.  Whereas Moncada always pulls this shit and takes shitty get-me-overs before deciding to swing in a pitchers count, Yermin is someone who is not supposed to do that.

There's a lot wring with the way they are playing.  The best sign is Cease is looking good and improved.  If they figure out how to play to 80% thrir potential they'll contend to the end, 85% and maybe they'll win the division, 90% and the division is in the bag.  For once they have enough talent to underachieve and still win.  So there's that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Vaughn is our top pick. He needs experience hitting and playing LF if that is where we are going to play him. Sitting him for a scrub isn't going to help our team or him. And Williams will get hits and hr's here and there, but he is still a scrub. 

Let him get experience in the minors  That's where everyone else gets it. You don't just throw him to the wolves or throw him in the deep end of the pool. Right now scrubs are better than him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So Andrew Vaughn shouldn't be on the team. This isn't that complicated.

I personally think he obviously gives the team a better chance of winning. He has a .400 OBP while not hitting the ball. He's much better than Nick Williams who is not a big leaguer caliber player.

No he shouldn't but the minor league season hasn't started yet so give him some favorable matchups and keep his confidence level up. Let him prove he belongs up here instead of us fans looking at his pedigree and expecting him to do well instantly or thinking he is better than playing a LHH over him who has already had  900 semi productive AB's in MLB and also wanting so badly to imagine he's a left fielder while bitching about the over all  team defense. It's not complicated at all. People are using their imagination on him instead of their eyes. People were proclaiming him an adequate LF before even seeing him for more than a few games without having seen him going to his right or having more than a few flyballs to chase after.

SSS for OBP you used so if we are going to do that its .000 BA  and .200 OBP against RHP for Vaughn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

The Sox just need to figure out how to not play like horseshit.  Some (lots) of these ABs with RISP and damn pathetic.  Yermin with the bases juiced nobody out is an excellent example of this.  Normally he's aggressive on the first pitch and the guy threw a slow meatball about thigh high middle of the playe IIRC and he took it, then took another one not much better, then Kd on a hanging breaking ball that dropped in on the inside corner.  And this is our best hitter ATM.  Whereas Moncada always pulls this shit and takes shitty get-me-overs before deciding to swing in a pitchers count, Yermin is someone who is not supposed to do that.

There's a lot wring with the way they are playing.  The best sign is Cease is looking good and improved.  If they figure out how to play to 80% thrir potential they'll contend to the end, 85% and maybe they'll win the division, 90% and the division is in the bag.  For once they have enough talent to underachieve and still win.  So there's that.

DIdn't the pitcher walk 2 guys and then Moncada got a hit  and Mercedes is supposed to swing at the 1st pitch when he is usually a good hitter with 2 strikes? If he didnt swing at the 1st pitch it's because you want to make the pitcher throw a 1st pitch strike after some walks and bases loaded to put the pressure on him. The pitch he K'd on was a total fluke. Catcher set up outside , pitch was supposed to be outside, Yermin was looking outside. The pitcher had the pitch get away from him so instead of low and away he got it up and in. His approach was sound just like he has shown it to be in just about every one of his plate appearances. I wouldn't call it pathetic at all . A lot of the other ones have been pathetic but not his. I also wouldn't say he is normally aggressive on the 1st pitch. He is aggressive on his 1st swing .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×