Jump to content
ScooterMcGee

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER CARLOS RODON NO HITTER EDITION!!!!!

Recommended Posts

I am probably just high on life but I think this will be meaningful for Collins. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mercedes is incredible and I don't think he is going to slow down.  Rodon....what a game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am probably just high on life but I think this will be meaningful for Collins. 

Happy for Zack. Guy is better than people give him credit for and clearly has worked his ass off at it.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the wildest thing to me is that not only did we get Buehrle and Humber's perfect games, but Buehrle, Giolito, and Rodon's no-hitters were all one-batter away from perfection. It's not like E-Jax's walkathon no-hitter, they all came damn close.

I still call Buerhle’s no-hitter a perfect game.  27 up, 27 down.  That’s a perfect game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What's impressive is that Rodon didn't even have his best slider tonight. He had a lot of movement, but his control on it wasn't good. His changeup was his money pitch along with really good fastball location.

he's a new man sitting at 93-95 instead of 90-91.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am probably just high on life but I think this will be meaningful for Collins. 

i was pretty glad when madrigal didn't drop the popout to blow it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All credit to Collins as well. Remember in camp how everyone assumed the job was given to Lucroy, and then we were all confused when Lucroy requested his release? Clearly Collins has been busting his ass to improve his work behind the plate and the organization saw it, and it definitely paid off tonight. Got to be a great feeling.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRDSR said:

I still call Buerhle’s no-hitter a perfect game.  27 up, 27 down.  That’s a perfect game.?

Buehrle had a third time he went 27 up 27 down too. Two singles, two double plays against Cleveland in 2004 I think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am probably just high on life but I think this will be meaningful for Collins. 

We have the best backup catchers in baseball....one hits over .500 with power and the other catches nonos

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good night Soxtalk nation! With TA back tomorrow hopefully it’s a start of some good baseball being played going forward.

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Happy for Zack. Guy is better than people give him credit for and clearly has worked his ass off at it.

Didn’t he catch Lynn’s shutout too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to Carlos. Thank god they brought him back, it would have been so painful to see him throw like this elsewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game back. I just about cried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Good night Soxtalk nation! With TA back tomorrow hopefully it’s a start of some good baseball being played going forward.

Thrilled to have Timmy back.  I must say though that Leury was throwing some leather out there tonight.  Great defense all around.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Buehrle had a third time he went 27 up 27 down too. Two singles, two double plays against Cleveland in 2004 I think?

It was a one hitter. Only player in history to face 27 minimum in nine inning game three times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

It was a one hitter. Only player in history to face 27 minimum in nine inning game three times.

I think he’s the only one to do it twice too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a couple episodes of Falcon and Winter Soldier with my son and flipped the game on in the 6th.  The camera was zooming in on #56 Mark Buehrle retired number and I immediately knew what was going on without them even saying anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Didn’t he catch Lynn’s shutout too?

I think Collins caught Lynn’s first start while Grandal caught the shut-out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What's impressive is that Rodon didn't even have his best slider tonight. He had a lot of movement, but his control on it wasn't good. His changeup was his money pitch along with really good fastball location.

 

20 minutes ago, daa84 said:

Also big credit to him- he never threw a change up like he did tonight. Was basically fastball slider only before this year. Toyed with the Cooper cutter for a while but that was bad. Even spun a decent curveball or two 

The changeup is a big new asset.  Stoney and I were both calling for it on the slider that became a HBP.  Shoulda, woulda....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stinky Stanky said:

 

The changeup is a big new asset.  Stoney and I were both calling for it on the slider that became a HBP.  Shoulda, woulda....

Especially to a right hander, I throw the change there. You heated Perez up 3 times upstairs, it only made sense to throw a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chw42 said:

Especially to a right hander, I throw the change there. You heated Perez up 3 times upstairs, it only made sense to throw a change.

Seems like he’s using the change and curve to get ahead in the count this year but doesn’t want to use it with two strikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys Rodon is healthy and good, who would've seen this coming?  makes our rotation a lot more formidable with Keuchel looking like 💩💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Seems like he’s using the change and curve to get ahead in the count this year but doesn’t want to use it with two strikes

which is odd given the curve, if you have a good one, is the perfect pitch after busting them with high heat.  maybe he doesn't have a good feel for it or maybe Katz only has him throwing it as a get me over strike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×