Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chicago White Sox

4-18 GT: Sox @ Boston - Game 2 (4:10pm)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Imo he needs to change his grip to get better speed separation. If he's going to be working at 96-97 as a starter 92-93 mph for the changeup isn't going to cut it. However, he does have a starter's arsenal. 

Greinke and Felix have had pretty nice careers with that kind of separation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If they have to do that to have him pitch reliever innings, his prospects of pitching 150-200 innings are not good.

He had like 2 starts in college the season they drafted him due to COVID. His arm needs innings and this is apart of the buildup plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add on boys!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was interesting...hope it gives him confidence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice 2 strike contact. First really good barrell ive seen from Vaughn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice hit by Vaughn. Renfroe probably saved that run from scoring on the hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice double Vaughn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been some really hot takes on Crochet here.  The guy is 21 and has barely pitched at the MLB level.  If the Sox are working with him on control and velocity, there’s a reason.  He needs to work on getting movement on his fastball and better use of his secondary pitches.  Let’s not write his ass off yet.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

That was interesting...hope it gives him confidence

That is the swing that got him drafted 3rd as a 1B type.  Beautiful inside out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Greinke and Felix have had pretty nice careers with that kind of separation 

Felix and Greinke are also absolute freaks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked up Cease's info and he has 10+ inches of carry this year so far. Good news. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Even an awful bunt would work here

It’s crazy, a bunt is basically a free RBI and not even a thought of doing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

There have been some really hot takes on Crochet here.  The guy is 21 and has barely pitched at the MLB level.  If the Sox are working with him on control and velocity, there’s a reason.  He needs to work on getting movement on his fastball and better use of his secondary pitches.  Let’s not write his ass off yet.

Hate to break it to you, but if you haven't developed an ass by 21, it probably isn't happening. There are options I suppose, fillers and lifts and whatnot, but natty growth just doesn't happen much at his age.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

It’s crazy, a bunt is basically a free RBI and not even a thought of doing it

not if you never do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Straight suicide wouldn't be a bad idea here.

Hope you’re not talking about Benetti again

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gusguyman said:

Hate to break it to you, but if you haven't developed an ass by 21, it probably isn't happening. There are options I suppose, fillers and lifts and whatnot, but natty growth just doesn't happen much at his age.

Nah, you can put on a lot of muscle in your mid 20s.  NBA guys do all the time.  Get him some vitamins and a Olympic rack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Nah, you can put on a lot of muscle in your mid 20s.  NBA guys do all the time.  Get him some vitamins and a Olympic rack.

NBA players also have growth spurts in their early-mid 20‘s, that are totally not related to any kind of substance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×