Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Kopech starting sunday

Posted (edited)

Thought Rodon would've been able to go on regular rest?  At least we now have a reason for not seeing Kopech the last 2 nights.

Edited by wegner

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I'm not sure I understand this. There's nobody left in the bullpen and we're starting the guy who can maybe go 60 pitches at most? Why not throw Rodon? 

• Thanks 1

Like to see Hahn make another move to limit Tony, whether he likes it or not, and put Lamb on waivers and call up a pitcher here.

Jake can hang out in Schaumberg with Nick Williams, there is no use for him on this roster. With Tony's use of the bullpen, they need added depth if you don't want the pen in taters heading into September and October.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Like to see Hahn make another move to limit Tony, whether he likes it or not, and put Lamb on waivers and call up a pitcher here.

Jake can hang out in Schaumberg with Nick Williams, there is no use for him on this roster. With Tony's use of the bullpen, they need added depth if you don't want the pen in taters heading into September and October.

Just add 3 letters.

Lamb out, Lambert in.  Solved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I guess they try and go Kopech for 3/4 and Crochet for 2/3?

Offense better put some runs up tomorrow. 

Dude has been building arm strength for more than two years now. The idea he can’t throw innings is ludicrous. His arm should be stronger than ever.

• Like 1

Just now, Vulture said:

Dude has been building arm strength for more than two years now. The idea he can’t throw innings is ludicrous. His arm should be stronger than ever.

Pitching in MLB innings is much different than just strengthening. It's like getting ready for a marathon by walking. It's the same motion but the intensity isn't there.

Kopech 3, Crochet 2, Foster 2, Ruiz, Marshall.  I like the suggestion of bringing up another arm 

If Kopech can go 4 innings in his next few starts, Cease may lose his spot in the rotation to him.

Can Sox petition the league to make it a 7 inning game tomorrow?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

If Kopech can go 4 innings in his next few starts, Cease may lose his spot in the rotation to him.

This is what I was thinking... Cease hasn't hit 5 innings in 7 starts. That's not really tenable.

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kopech 3, Crochet 2, Foster 2, Ruiz, Marshall.  I like the suggestion of bringing up another arm 

Why when rodon is on full rest and should be available 

Just now, aeichhor said:

Why when rodon is on full rest and should be available 

Probably getting him a few more days given his heavy workload last two starts?

I bet we see a lot of bench players in the lineup tomorrow. Collins for sure, wouldn’t be shocked if Lamb plays as well along with Leury

Just now, fathom said:

Probably getting him a few more days given his heavy workload last two starts?

So he doesn't throw a hundred pitches. If he doesn't pitch tomorrow he's could have a good chunk of time off depending on Tuesday with gio