Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chisoxfn

A Kopastic White Sox Winner

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Can we get more excitement in here?? The game has been over for hours after the Sox just completed the sweep, and we have 4 comments.

Collins looks like a catcher. "Slow, bad defender" Madrigal legged out a triple, turned a couple double plays, and looked sharp defensively. Abreu continues to drive in runs. Kopech threw a goddamn gem. No one has anything to complain about so everyone went quiet?

That's a winning streak, folks! We've broken past that .500 barrier and there's no looking back. Let's go Sox!

I’m going to post in solidarity because I agree with you, and should be in here posting when I’m excited.  This team is still stacked and now starting to play up to its potential. But there’s still so much room for growth. There are so many potential sources of momentum. So many compelling storylines. It’s a team to dream on.  
 

I’m likewise fascinated by those who seem so energized by the occasional failures — and capable of meeting them with such creatively venomous negativity and absurd worst-case projections — yet somehow unable to flip the script when the team turns in a positive effort. Oh well,  guess it’s not all that unusual, and serves as its own little meta-narrative in what I hope will be the most memorable Sox season in a long time. Let’s not let up for the tiggers and roll to a nice win streak!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a nice weekend to get some guys going.  Collins is an MLB catcher, Vaughn can play LF on a daily basis, Yermin is a real thing, the rotation is best in the AL and Nick and Robert are progressing, 

The bullpen needs to figure their shit out but other than that this team seems to be settling in rather well.

The Sox appear to have made the right off season moves dare I say including the manager.

  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

It was a nice weekend to get some guys going.  Collins is an MLB catcher, Vaughn can play LF on a daily basis, Yermin is a real thing, the rotation is best in the AL and Nick and Robert are progressing, 

The bullpen needs to figure their shit out but other than that this team seems to be settling in rather well.

The Sox appear to have made the right off season moves dare I say including the manager.

anigif_sub-buzz-32251-1495573989-10.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the game. I just woke up and finally thawed out. Mercy. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wegner said:

Sorry to be a little enthusiastic for a guy who has worked hard on his defense and is making a helluva lot more contact than he used to.  Obviously he was not the star but he had a nice game.

I agree 3 hits is 3 hits . It isn't easy playing sparingly. You get on base you can score and more runners means you can score more and scoring more means more wins. So hell yes hooray for Collins !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

There were several posters calling him a bust less than a year ago. Questioning his desire to play and saying he was mentally weak. Suggesting he be traded at his lowest value. I’m really enjoying their silence now :)

Wasn't it just a day or 2 ago that our smart posters were screaming in the game threads about "where's Kopech" because LaRussa said he needed 5 days off and everyone thought LaRussa was stupid because he wasn't pitching in relief ? He pitches in relief and we don't get the performance we got treated to today.

Just maybe the Sox have a plan with him that includes starting and we see a little less of him relieving. The games are going to be clustered together for a lot of May and June. The Sox will need a lot of arms for the rest of the season. Get out ahead of the game and start looking for potential RP now to trade for.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a fun game to watch.  I was concerned when Steiver came in and couldn't get an out, but Crochet looked pretty good (aside from the ultra-slow throw to 1st) and stopped the Rangers' momentum.

Kopech looked fantastic.  He was fooling batters with his fastball at 93-96.  I don't think he throws a 4-seamer that goes straight.  Everything has movement.  His off-speed and breaking stuff looked good, too.  Best of all, he looks completely confident and in control on the mound.

The offense did what they needed to do.  Madrigal continues to get better.  Streaky early season Abreu had a strong game.  Six walks was really nice to see.

This team can be frustrating, but when they're good, they're one of the best in the AL.  Consistency moving forward will be the key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally managed to sort a stream out and watch the game , never saw any last season . Team has changed a bit , happy Madrigal has made it , he's from my first draft as I haven't been following the game long , Kopech looked the real deal but best of all is watching Tim , fabulous competitor. 

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bazox said:

Finally managed to sort a stream out and watch the game , never saw any last season . Team has changed a bit , happy Madrigal has made it , he's from my first draft as I haven't been following the game long , Kopech looked the real deal but best of all is watching Tim , fabulous competitor. 

Welcome back our British friend !

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hogan873 said:

It was a fun game to watch.  I was concerned when Steiver came in and couldn't get an out, but Crochet looked pretty good (aside from the ultra-slow throw to 1st) and stopped the Rangers' momentum.

Kopech looked fantastic.  He was fooling batters with his fastball at 93-96.  I don't think he throws a 4-seamer that goes straight.  Everything has movement.  His off-speed and breaking stuff looked good, too.  Best of all, he looks completely confident and in control on the mound.

The offense did what they needed to do.  Madrigal continues to get better.  Streaky early season Abreu had a strong game.  Six walks was really nice to see.

This team can be frustrating, but when they're good, they're one of the best in the AL.  Consistency moving forward will be the key.

One thing that has helped me this year is realizing how frustrating every other team has been unless you are a dodgers or, to this point, royals fan. And Dodgers maybe join the list with their injuries soon.

It seems sox aren't only ones that have been like "starters good, bullpens bad" so far. 

Feels good to crush the bad teams, gotta say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bmags said:

One thing that has helped me this year is realizing how frustrating every other team has been unless you are a dodgers or, to this point, royals fan. And Dodgers maybe join the list with their injuries soon.

It seems sox aren't only ones that have been like "starters good, bullpens bad" so far. 

Feels good to crush the bad teams, gotta say.

Nothing like the standings board to remind us that the Sox ultimately have to be measured against *other teams*, not in a vacuum against each fan’s bespoke ideal of what the roster should look like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×