The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

TLR being the "bad cop" in the clubhouse, on a team with this much talent, is sorta perfect.  Takes all the pressure off the players and unites them.  I don't agree with what TLR said about Yermin but I don't think it hurts the club.  In fact, it helps them.  Similar to Ozzie's rants.  This is quite the season we've got going on the South Side.  I think I'm just going to enjoy the ride and not try and micro analyze much anymore.  Just win baby.

@DirtySox -- totally. I'm not saying TLR did it on purpose, but he certainly united the club and Giolito his ace went out and performed for him today through the "turmoil". 

lol, this is a meme:

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

It's pretty fair to say we know where the majority(if not all) of the players stand on this team.  And it isn't with TLR.  Lol.  This team is united AGAINST their own manager.  Absolutely love it. Haha.

Edited by ChiHawks10
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I feel like this has united the club. Just needed a common enemy. The manager.

I would give him credit if this were TLR's true intention, but that would be glossing over a lot of really unnecessary histrionics.  There has to be a better way to unite the team w/o throwing your own guys under the bus publicly or explicitly endorsing actions that could actually injure someone.  

• Like 2

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I would give him credit if this were TLR's true intention, but that would be glossing over a lot of really unnecessary histrionics.  There has to be a better way to unite the team w/o throwing your own guys under the bus publicly or explicitly endorsing actions that could actually injure someone.  

There is.  He could retire, and let someone else take over for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

There is.  He could retire, and let someone else take over for the rest of the season.

Are you kidding me?  Right now like it or not this is the perfect storm. You've got a young, talented, cocky team, you've got a manager that is out of touch, older, with his own history of bad behavior -- but that remains not aloof (similar to Ozzie) but just sorta on his own island but that has the gravitas of a HOF plaque and three rings on his fingers. It's like the frat united against the stick in the mud dean where after a bunch of hi-jinx at the end the credits roll and they show him doing a keg stand with the frat as everybody chants in unison.

This is perfect.  The Sox have stumbled into something here.  Not to mention they are creating a ton of new fans.  This is great, let it ride.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I certainly don't think he did this intentionally.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Are you kidding me?  Right now like it or not this is the perfect storm. You've got a young, talented, cocky team, you've got a manager that is out of touch, older, with his own history of bad behavior -- but that remains not aloof (similar to Ozzie) but just sorta on his own island but that has the gravitas of a HOF plaque and three rings on his fingers. It's like the frat united against the stick in the mud dean where after a bunch of hi-jinx at the end the credits roll and they show him doing a keg stand with the frat as everybody chants in unison.

This is perfect.  The Sox have stumbled into something here.  Not to mention they are creating a ton of new fans.  This is great, let it ride.

This is...quite the positive spin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

This is...quite the positive spin.

The Sox won't be the first or last pro club in history that simultaneously loathes and performs for their hated boss. Give me the hated manager that has the guys fired up to show him what they got any fucking day over the limp wristed Ventura who guys like Eaton walked all over time and time again and set a poor example for their squad.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Let's see how much fun Larussa's bullshit is going to be when the Sox are on a losing streak. 

This team has too much SP to go on a long losing streak.  Things can change but with Kopech as the defacto 6th starter this is a dominating rotation.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This team has too much SP to go on a long losing streak.  Things can change but with Kopech as the defacto 6th starter this is a dominating rotation.

The Sox are capable of going on a losing streak, because every team, no matter how good, has bad streaks. Seven game losing streak in August 2005. Then Ozzie was on an emotional collapse as the Indians got closer. Puking his guts out in the locker room. We will see how LaRussa handles it.

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TLR being the "bad cop" in the clubhouse, on a team with this much talent, is sorta perfect.  Takes all the pressure off the players and unites them.  I don't agree with what TLR said about Yermin but I don't think it hurts the club.  In fact, it helps them.  Similar to Ozzie's rants.  This is quite the season we've got going on the South Side.  I think I'm just going to enjoy the ride and not try and micro analyze much anymore.  Just win baby.

@DirtySox -- totally. I'm not saying TLR did it on purpose, but he certainly united the club and Giolito his ace went out and performed for him today through the "turmoil". 

lol, this is a meme:

Dude is struggling to manage in a game that has passed him by.  Even if this accidentally happened, it is a volatile situation that could meltdown at any time.

• Like 2