TA7 Isn't going to let the ship sink

I know it's a shitty day, and we all hate to see Robert go down. He is so much fun to watch and makes the game look easy. But let's look at this realistically.

Abreu and Grandal have not hit at all this year. Moncada is just starting to get going the past 8-10 days. Nicky sticks is a guy who can step up further. Vaughn has been rake city for the past few weeks and will only improve.

They won't replace Robert, but with Grandal and Abreu improving, and the Yerminator continuing to yerminate, they're in good shape. Even better though? The future MVP, #7, is still on the roster and he will carry the weight of Luis on himself. If 7 can be the elite player we all know he can be, this team is still in good hands. The SP is top of the league, and the bullpen will improve. Does it suck to watch Billy Hamilton and Leury Garcia everyday? Yes, but let's be honest with ourselves. Is that really different than what has been happening under bozo the clown Tony LaRussa? Not really.

If Vaughn keeps getting better, I think the Sox can easily hang on and win the division. By then, Eloy will have been resurrected like Jesus Christ, and with his ressurrection he will bring with him #88 to return for the playoffs.

Cease, Kopech, Rodon, Lynn, Giolito (until Jack kicks him out of the rotation) and Keuchel can carry this team to the regular season finish line with TA7. Then the season resets and the Sox add some secret weapons come playoff time. Let's go!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know it's a shitty day, and we all hate to see Robert go down. He is so much fun to watch and makes the game look easy. But let's look at this realistically.

Abreu and Grandal have not hit at all this year. Moncada is just starting to get going the past 8-10 days. Nicky sticks is a guy who can step up further. Vaughn has been rake city for the past few weeks and will only improve.

They won't replace Robert, but with Grandal and Robert improving, and the Yerminator continuing to yerminate, they're in good shape. Even better though? The future MVP, #7, is still on the roster and he will carry the weight of Luis on himself. If 7 can be the elite player we all know he can be, this team is still in good hands. The SP is top of the league, and the bullpen will improve. Does it suck to watch Billy Hamilton and Leury Garcia everyday? Yes, but let's be honest with ourselves. Is that really different than what has been happening under bozo the clown Tony LaRussa? Not really.

If Vaughn keeps getting better, I think the Sox can easily hang on and win the division. By then, Eloy will have been resurrected like Jesus Christ, and with his ressurrection he will bring with him #88 to return for the playoffs.

Cease, Kopech, Rodon, Lynn, Giolito (until Jack kicks him out of the rotation) and Keuchel can carry this team to the regular season finish line with TA7. Then the season resets and the Sox add some secret weapons come playoff time. Let's go!

VASoxFan what have you done with Look at Ray Ray Run? Lol

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They won't replace Robert, but with Grandal and Robert improving, and the Yerminator continuing to yerminate, they're in good shape. Even better though? The future MVP, #7, is still on the roster and he will carry the weight of Luis on himself. If 7 can be the elite player we all know he can be, this team is still in good hands. The SP is top of the league, and the bullpen will improve. Does it suck to watch Billy Hamilton and Leury Garcia everyday? Yes, but let's be honest with ourselves. Is that really different than what has been happening under bozo the clown Tony LaRussa? Not really.

In all seriousness, I agree with this post.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You are a contrarian aren't you. When everyone is positive, you're negative. When everyone is negative you go the positive.

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1

I think now might be the time to move madrigal to the top of order and Anderson to the middle. We need a more consistent hitter in a run production spot to off set the loss of Robert’s bat and open the nine hole for Hamilton, who is the only option to come anywhere close to Robert’s defense in CF.

Edited by Vulture

5 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

In all seriousness, I agree with this post.

I'm optimistic after seeing the pitching. My number one concern with this team was the rotation depth, but with Cease coming on (maybe) and Kopech being Doc Gooden (I'd say minus the drugs but who knows with Kopech ha) and Carlos Rodon finally coming into his own (it's still about staying healthy which is why I loved them pushing him back this week), it's hard not to trust the team. The rotation has star written all over it, and pitching is the best safety net in the game of baseball; always will be.

I was higher on Robert than most and I think a lot of people thought Luis would struggle a bit offensively again this year. I am bummed because he was on his way to being a superstar, but I genuinely have thought since this season starter that Tim Anderson was going to win the MVP. Well, TA has a better shot than ever now, and it's his team to keep together. I'd like this call more if LaRussa was gone, but hey... life can't be perfect.

VAFan has got nothing on Optimistic Ray!

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You are a contrarian aren't you. When everyone is positive, you're negative. When everyone is negative you go the positive.

I was negative in the off-season because the front office failed and I will stand by that forever. The off-season was complete trash!

I was also negative about the SP depth and relying on Rodon and Cease, and I've watched enough of that to know I was wrong and that I can trust the SP's this season. I am always quick to admit where I was wrong, and I am enthused to know I missed on that prediction. I now have a ton of faith in these starters - they are feeding off each other at this point which really does happen with these weirdo pitchers - and I think they could carry a terrible offense to a playoff appearance in the AL Central.

It really comes down to attitude, and I have enough faith in Tim and his absurd arrogance and confidence that he won't let this offense give up on themselves. I've always been a big fan of Tim's, and I thought his skills were otherworldly (mainly his wrists), and now is the time for his skills and leadership to shine. We know the bum manager isn't going to lead anyone to anything.

PS. I'm also a HUGE Andrew Vaughn stan and I think we'll be talking about ROY Andrew Vaughn at years end, with a guy holding an 850+ OPS. I have mad faith in that swing and approach. It's just a thing of perfection. When he gets zoned in fully, and confident, we're going to see weeks where Andrew carries the offense.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’d move Vaughn and Grandal ahead of Eaton but otherwise works for me. Still the best offense in the division even without two studs.

I prefer having the better contact/speed guy behind mercedes setting up the bottom of the order. 

As much as today sucks I completely agree. In all reality we just need one of the 4 OF utilities between Hamilton, Leury, Lamb, Engel (and potentially 5 if Gonz is called up) to be productive on a regular basis.

That requires Abreu and Grandal to return to normal and the rest of the lineup to be *close* to where they are at now but I still like our chances for a playoff berth.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I was negative in the off-season because the front office failed and I will stand by that forever. The off-season was complete trash!

I was also negative about the SP depth and relying on Rodon and Cease, and I've watched enough of that to know I was wrong and that I can trust the SP's this season. I am always quick to admit where I was wrong, and I am enthused to know I missed on that prediction. I now have a ton of faith in these starters - they are feeding off each other at this point which really does happen with these weirdo pitchers - and I think they could carry a terrible offense to a playoff appearance in the AL Central.

It really comes down to attitude, and I have enough faith in Tim and his absurd arrogance and confidence that he won't let this offense give up on themselves. I've always been a big fan of Tim's, and I thought his skills were otherworldly (mainly his wrists), and now is the time for his skills and leadership to shine. We know the bum manager isn't going to lead anyone to anything.

I get your point but how can Tim stop the offense from giving up? They are not going to give up because they want to succeed. The problem is a lack of power for most of the guys right now and having to hope Yermin and Vaughn can slug. 

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Shhhh.  People think the other teams have all good players at every position.  What they don’t realize is WE are the only team with really good players at every position.  

STILL the best team in the league

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I get your point but how can Tim stop the offense from giving up? They are not going to give up because they want to succeed. The problem is a lack of power for most of the guys right now and having to hope Yermin and Vaughn can slug. 

Power is down throughout the game, the Sox are getting on base. Getting on base is how teams with great pitching can win games. Also, this offense has gone as Tim has gone for the past two years. You tell me TA7 is out for the year and not Robert, I'm a bit more concerned. They feed off his energy and his offense. Abreu was the MVP, but Anderson was the heart of the offense last year - heck, we saw it this year with him out. They go as 7 goes.

• Like 2

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

My point is can those guys provide the necessary power to hold fort until Eloy and hopefully Robert are back? 

Yes!!!!

Cleveland has one good offensive player.  1.  

Minnesota looks like they might be a pile of garbage.  

KC- who cares?

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They won't replace Robert, but with Grandal and Abreu improving, and the Yerminator continuing to yerminate, they're in good shape. Even better though? The future MVP, #7, is still on the roster and he will carry the weight of Luis on himself. If 7 can be the elite player we all know he can be, this team is still in good hands. The SP is top of the league, and the bullpen will improve. Does it suck to watch Billy Hamilton and Leury Garcia everyday? Yes, but let's be honest with ourselves. Is that really different than what has been happening under bozo the clown Tony LaRussa? Not really.

You're underestimating the impact on our outfield defense, covering for both Vaughn and Eaton.

See 2006, Mackowiak vs. Anderson arguments.

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Yes!!!!

Cleveland has one good offensive player.  1.  

Minnesota looks like they might be a pile of garbage.  

KC- who cares?

The Twins are only four games back...and can quickly make those back playing head to head against divisional opponents.

Look at what happened the last two weeks of the 2020 season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You're underestimating the impact on our outfield defense, covering for both Vaughn and Eaton.

See 2006, Mackowiak vs. Anderson arguments.

No, I'm not given that Billy Hamilton is arguably better than Luis Robert (and this is coming from the biggest Luis OF defense fan that exists) and Engel is just a little worse.

The last thing I'm worried about is the Defense.

• Haha 1