Albert Pujols

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes I know I'm absolutely bat shit crazy but I like it.

With the stipulation that his job is basically a mentor to all the young guys and help keep TLR awake in the dugout. RARE pinch hit and 1B starts.

😂

These takes for signing players are always the worst ones.

How about.... you sign him to be COACH if you want him to be a mentor and leader.

Why would he EVER pinch hit? Why would he EVER play first base? He's been the worst player in baseball, basically, for like three years.

I'd take him as a manager, but based on the fact Pujols wasn't okay with less playing time ... don't think that's an option. 

Outside of that we'd be the laughing stock of MLB with a signing like this. How would it even happen? One less pitcher? You can't send Collins down and then put Yermin as backup Catcher.. i mean you can ... but yuck. And if you did that and Albert wants PT, then what? you're benching Yermin for Pujols? Imagine that....

The only other way would be to send down Yermin and keep Collins at the backup Catcher. You can't have Collins, Abreu, Yermin, Vaughn, Grandal and Pujols - that'd be the worst roster construction ever. I think just by sheer log jam I am comfortable that the Sox wouldn't be able to pull this off without looking like clowns... so for that reason I'm not realistically worried. 

It does worry me though that we even have to think about this seriously because it shows how incompetent of an organization we have. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

😂

These takes for signing players are always the worst ones.

How about.... you sign him to be COACH if you want him to be a mentor and leader.

Why would he EVER pinch hit? Why would he EVER play first base? He's been the worst player in baseball, basically, for like three years.

You'd take Leury/Hamilton/Lamb PH over him? 

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

we'd be the laughing stock of MLB with a signing like this

Unfortunately our owner doesnt care what people think. I believe he gets a kick out of making everyone mad, hes been doing it for 30 years in multiple sports. 

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Or how about acting like a real team and try finding legit improvements/depth?  This whole organization looks so stupid right now, as Tony has sucked all the oxygen out of the room.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lillian said:

That is Mark Feinsand talking, not Sox management. One would have to believe that this is just some inconsequential person's speculation and completely unfounded. The Sox are anything but a "perfect landing spot". 

When exactly does Sox management speak? La Russa's hire was reported weeks before the press conference.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

this is really starting to feel like Major League with Jerry throwing obstacle after obstacle in front of the team except the sox are good. 

Please nobody "well actually" me about how the team in that movie comes back to force a one-game playoff.

The Score (Speigel and Parkins) discussed rumors that Hahn and the FO are possibly intentionally sabotaging the La Russa hire, letting him hang out to dry. That's pure speculation, but at the same time if Hahn signs Pujols, coupled with Lamb's continued existence leads credence to this theory.

Many here want to absolve Hahn with speculation he has "no say / power, Tony calls all the shots", replacing the "All bad trades/signings/draft picks are Kenny's fault, the few good moves were Rick Hahn's" groupthink.

A fair honest assessment is neither are performing on an acceptable level in their respective roles.

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Unfortunately our owner doesnt care what people think. I believe he gets a kick out of making everyone mad, hes been doing it for 30 years in multiple sports. 

I agree because he obviously knows how much people hate him, or think he is a total loser from the ESPN special "The Last Dance" The sad thing is the Sox players and fans don't deserve a pompous and incompetent owner like Jerry! 

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

If they sign Pujols then you know TLR is the GM.  

He is...it was his opinion the returning players from last year didn’t know how to win and they needed tough players Iike Eaton.

11 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

In a vacuum, surei would take Pujols.   But a guy who can only PH for you or play DH while removing someone who can play the field will probably end up burning you in the long run.  

pujols is at the end, this is not a smart idea

10 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

That's the same dude that told him about the rule yesterday, right?  Can he be the manager?

tbh if Hahn went on an absolute bender and somehow signed James Fegan to be manager, at this point, I wouldn't even be mad.

13 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

No amount of logic and reasoning can deter TLR from getting what he wants.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ceos-often-have-psychopathic-traits-2017-7?op=1

Profile fits Reinsdorf 100%, Tony on a lot of levels.

A psychopathic diagnosis requires a lot of boxes to be ticked, such as ruthlessness, narcissism, persuasiveness, the inability to feel guilt, or the inability to see things from another person's perspective.

They also have something called a "resilience to chaos."

"Psychopaths thrive on chaos, and they know other people find it very stressful," Swart said on Thursday at an event called The Dark Side of Leadership, held at The Corinthia. "They will purposefully create chaos in the environment because they find it easier to cope than other people."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I didn't realize how quickly he went downhill after going to LA.  He hasn't been very good for a while.

But maybe he knows about the double switch rule...

TLR - “he just needs a change of scenery” 

36 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes I know I'm absolutely bat shit crazy but I like it.

With the stipulation that his job is basically a mentor to all the young guys and help keep TLR awake in the dugout. RARE pinch hit and 1B starts.

Except you damn well know TLR plays his multiple times a week over Yermin. We need dudes who can the OF. Not the corpse of Pujols. As soon as I saw he was getting released I knew this shit was gonna happen.