Sign in to follow this  
caulfield12

Humorous takes from Royals' fans/upcoming series pitching match-ups

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article251395808.html

On Reddit, a fan wrote: “Yeah the Tigers series was the opportunity to right the ship. Instead, The ship exploded, caught on fire, got nuked, sank to the bottom of the ocean, and then was attacked by Cthulhu.”

Miss 2 of their 3 lefties, Lynch (rookie) and Danny Duffy...

FRI, 2 p.m.   Keller vs. Giolito

FRI, 7 p.m.   J.Junis vs. Kopech

SAT, 6 p.m.  Minor (LHP) vs. Rodon (LHP)

SUN, 1 p.m.  B.Singer vs. Dylan Cease

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's just one comment tho.

It's assumed one can go to the actual story, brah.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why is it "brah," not "bro?"

"Brah" just seems wrong.

Edit: Wait, are you trying to come off as a Hawaiian surfer dude? Or co-opting Hawaiian pidgin? "Brah" still seems wrong here, unless you're a Hawaiian surfer dude.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

5 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

"Brah" just seems wrong.

Edit: Wait, are you trying to come off as a Hawaiian surfer dude? Or co-opting Hawaiian pidgin? "Brah" still seems wrong here, unless you're a Hawaiian surfer dude.

It's not that deep, brah.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

"Brah" just seems wrong.

Let's be honest here, the odds are really high that brah is just a filler word for what he really wants to call you, but can't because he doesn't want to get suspended.

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let's be honest here, the odds are really high that brah is just a filler word for what he really wants to call you, but can't because he doesn't want to get suspended.

Really?  Caulfield is many things but mean spirited and prone to personal attacks isn't among them.  He's an eccentric but he's our eccentric and I can dig that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Really?  Caulfield is many things but mean spirited and prone to personal attacks isn't among them.  He's an eccentric but he's our eccentric and I can dig that.

Everyone playing pop psychologist today.

Well, eccentric is the word for rich people.   Like Howard Hughes.   So I will just go with unique and varied interests.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, eccentric is the word for rich people.   Like Howard Hughes.   So I will just go with unique and varied interests.

I mean with your name and postings I always think Holden Caulfield!  Who was certainly a compelling eccentric!

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You are on fire today my man.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean with your name and postings I always think Holden Caulfield!  Who was certainly a compelling eccentric!

One of my favorite books growing up...as an English major.  But it hasn’t quite aged as well as others on second reading as an adult, revising student extended essays on ‘ol Holden.

I could honestly say The Autobiography of Malcolm X and No One Here Gets Out Alive (Jim Morrison bio) were much more influential.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's not that deep, brah.

It just threw me for a loop, given that the most of us are midwesterners, and I'd associated "brah" with an entirely different place/culture.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nah, I didn't think it was an insult or attack by any means; i just think its weird to go with that word choice. I dont see bro/brah as the same word/different spelling, because a word, if used by someone outside its source group could be "co-opty."

"Brah?" Really? 

Kids today and your far out groovy vernacular. Mahalo!

58 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Kids today and your far out groovy vernacular. Mahalo!

Now we are talking Filipino/Tagalog, lol...

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Now we are talking Filipino/Tagalog, lol...

Texas beach culture. I ran a surf camp for a while.

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Texas beach culture. I ran a surf camp for a while.

Hawaii and Texas....not exactly a perfectly overlaid Venn diagram there, haha. 

• Like 3

Exactly. Mahalo y'all still cracks me up. 

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 12:29 PM, caulfield12 said:

One of my favorite books growing up...as an English major.  But it hasn’t quite aged as well as others on second reading as an adult, revising student extended essays on ‘ol Holden.

I could honestly say The Autobiography of Malcolm X and No One Here Gets Out Alive (Jim Morrison bio) were much more influential.

bah, your a phony

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, Two-Gun Pete said:

It just threw me for a loop, given that the most of us are midwesterners, and I'd associated "brah" with an entirely different place/culture.

Nah, I didn't think it was an insult or attack by any means; i just think its weird to go with that word choice. I dont see bro/brah as the same word/different spelling, because a word, if used by someone outside its source group could be "co-opty."

"Brah?" Really? 

U mad, brah?

3 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

U mad, brah?

Is that still a thing?

[Asking, 'cause my middle-aged brain isn't 100% on top of what the kids are saying these days.]