6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766

ron883

• bmags pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'd like to be the first to request another appearance by Carl Edwards Jr....He only pitched 2/3 of an inning so should be available tonight....Thank you

How was your experience at the game?  I’m taking my middle guy on a couple of weeks.  Haven’t been in years. 

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Should we make it a tradition that the word “yes” or any affirmative be replaced with TLR’s current win total?

Do I think the Sox will win the World Series? 2766 you bet yer ass. 

Yes, we should definitely find some way to embed trolling in literally every post because that's what this site is lacking

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Should we make it a tradition that the word “yes” or any affirmative be replaced with TLR’s current win total?

Do I think the Sox will win the World Series? 2766 you bet yer ass. 

Seems like there would be an unwritten rule to not worry about one's stats over the teams good...

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

How was your experience at the game?  I’m taking my middle guy on a couple of weeks.  Haven’t been in years. 

It was really great to be back at the ballpark.  There was alot of energy in the crowd.  In a couple of weeks I would guess it will be more crowded since capacity should be increased by then.  Pretty much all of the concession stands were open.  The water fountains were turned off if you want to know that.  One thing to note is that the park is now cash-less...you need a card to pay for everything.  There are no venders walking the stands...I do not know if that will change. 

Food was terrific.  My son had the cuban sandwich and really liked it.  If you or your middle guy are ice cream fans, in the LF corner there is a stand that makes fresh cones out of waffles they make right there and fill it up with 3 scoops.  That was a great way to celebrate the 7th inning.

Any other questions, just let me know.

Have a terrific time!!!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don't know what will happen when they get to 100% capacity, but right now, at 60%, it's fine. You cannot go between levels. You now can walk around the park. You now can enter at any gate. You cannot bring bags like backpacks. Everything is cashless, and there are no vendors. If you are there just to watch the game, it's actually fabulous. No constant up and down the aisle blocking your view. Some separation between parties, and a good team to watch.

• Like 1

They should bring back the vendors walking around.  The beer lines were horirbly long when I went last weekend, worse than I've seen at games with 30K + in years past.  I think the lack of vendors in the stands is causing that.  Plus, those guys are losing income which is a shame.  I hope sox have plans to bring them back.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wegner said:

It was really great to be back at the ballpark.  There was alot of energy in the crowd.  In a couple of weeks I would guess it will be more crowded since capacity should be increased by then.  Pretty much all of the concession stands were open.  The water fountains were turned off if you want to know that.  One thing to note is that the park is now cash-less...you need a card to pay for everything.  There are no venders walking the stands...I do not know if that will change. 

Food was terrific.  My son had the cuban sandwich and really liked it.  If you or your middle guy are ice cream fans, in the LF corner there is a stand that makes fresh cones out of waffles they make right there and fill it up with 3 scoops.  That was a great way to celebrate the 7th inning.

Any other questions, just let me know.

Have a terrific time!!!

Yep, honestly would would never know anything was really different. Fundamentals Deck was closed was about only change from usual for my kids.  Last night might have been the best weather for a game I’ve ever been to. 

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seems like there would be an unwritten rule to not worry about one's stats over the teams good...

People who rely on stats such WAR, wRC+, etc. do it all the time. They are more worried about predictive stats as opposed to actual performance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know what will happen when they get to 100% capacity, but right now, at 60%, it's fine. You cannot go between levels. You now can walk around the park. You now can enter at any gate. You cannot bring bags like backpacks. Everything is cashless, and there are no vendors. If you are there just to watch the game, it's actually fabulous. No constant up and down the aisle blocking your view. Some separation between parties, and a good team to watch.

Agreed. The last couple I've been to the experience is great. Once the park is full I'll probably have to wait in lines though.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

People who rely on stats such WAR, wRC+, etc. do it all the time. They are more worried about predictive stats as opposed to actual performance.

This goes for traditional stats as well. Saving one’s best pitcher for the final three outs for a 3 run save statistic (or not even playing them on the road without a lead), while pitching your worst bullpen pitching options in the highest leverage situations.

In a close game, the only stat a manager should prioritize is a team win, period.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, honestly would would never know anything was really different. Fundamentals Deck was closed was about only change from usual for my kids.  Last night might have been the best weather for a game I’ve ever been to. 

My wife had texted me early in the game asking if it was still muggy and I responded that it was perfect.

Really great time all around.  Only dampened a bit by some drunken yutes after the game thinking that my Kannapolis Cannonballers Cap was first a Cubbie hat and then another group yelling their unfavorable opinion of the Blue Jays in my direction. My son said "I told you not to wear that hat."   Too late and now it's lucky. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

My wife had texted me early in the game asking if it was still muggy and I responded that it was perfect.

Really great time all around.  Only dampened a bit by some drunken yutes after the game thinking that my Kannapolis Cannonballers Cap was first a Cubbie hat and then another group yelling their unfavorable opinion of the Blue Jays in my direction. My son said "I told you not to wear that hat."   Too late and now it's lucky. :D

People get on me for my Birmingham Barons hat, thinking it's a Tigers hat. Then again, the entire stadium now seems to chant "throw it back" every time the opposition hits a home run, so I am close to giving up on the in-person fan population. 😉

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

People get on me for my Birmingham Barons hat, thinking it's a Tigers hat. Then again, the entire stadium now seems to chant "throw it back" every time the opposition hits a home run, so I am close to giving up on the in-person fan population. 😉

Barons hat (especially the Jordan era hat) is better than most MLB hats. Great taste.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I was reevaluating my stance earlier in the day about the over the top obnoxiousness of Red Sawx fans as I was hearing it from those yahoos. I'm thinking c'mon man I am wearing a White Sox Jersey.  Know your minor league affiliates you drunken baseball imbeciles :D

Just now, wegner said:

I was reevaluating my stance earlier in the day about the over the top obnoxiousness of Red Sawx fans as I was hearing it from those yahoos. I'm thinking c'mon man I am wearing a White Sox Jersey.  Know your minor league affiliates you drunken baseball imbeciles :D

Thank you.  The worst ever was when I was wearing a Sox jersey and a late '80s "C" Sox hat and some idiots got in my face telling me to "pick a side" (thinking it was a Cubs hat).  There are some idiots out there.

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Somebody did throw it back against the O's.  Every in the park was cheering him on, too.  We seem to have picked up a lot of Cubs bandwagoners... smh.

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Thank you.  The worst ever was when I was wearing a Sox jersey and a late '80s "C" Sox hat and some idiots got in my face telling me to "pick a side" (thinking it was a Cubs hat).  There are some idiots out there.

Those ones with the pig tail script look more like Indians or Reds caps...