Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

2Deep

I was at the game and the air seem to go out of the place when Nick had to be helped off the field.

We can't catch a damn break. I'm hoping this is a couple of week type injury for Nick but quite honestly it looks to be more. Will keep fingers crossed but when guy has to be helped off the field it does not bode well.

Lets wake up tomorrow and hopefully get good new on Nick's injury front. 

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Total crap. Really hope this ends up being not being as bad as it looked. 

Based on how this season has gone…..there is no reason for any hope when it comes to injuries…

38 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I bet he’s done for the season. That did not look good at all.

You don’t see many hamstring issues that keep guys out 3 months. Hopefully it’s a grade 2 injury and he’s only out a month or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

I was at the game and the air seem to go out of the place when Nick had to be helped off the field.

I can back this up. Like a pin drop. A few (oh my god another injury?!) peeps around me. I had to nod my head unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, fathom said:

You don’t see many hamstring issues that keep guys out 3 months. Hopefully it’s a grade 2 injury and he’s only out a month or so.

Very true. Most are somewhere between 2-8 weeks. 

I will say this:  If it's only a hamstring injury, then Madrigal should be back by or before Labor Day, which should give him enough time to shake the rust off before the playoffs, and with the dominant starting pitching the Sox have and the general weakness of the division, the Sox should still be considered the odds on favorites to win the AL Central this year.  There is still a good chance that the Sox will be in the divisional series come October and that Eloy, Robert, and Madrigal will all be in the lineup for game 1.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Very true. Most are somewhere between 2-8 weeks. 

True but you have to factor in how every sox player needs to re-tear it when they are about two weeks from coming back.

11 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I will say this:  If it's only a hamstring injury, then Madrigal should be back by or before Labor Day, which should give him enough time to shake the rust off before the playoffs, and with the dominant starting pitching the Sox have and the general weakness of the division, the Sox should still be considered the odds on favorites to win the AL Central this year.  There is still a good chance that the Sox will be in the divisional series come October and that Eloy, Robert, and Madrigal will all be in the lineup for game 1.

That’s what I keep trying to remember. REALLY bad injury luck would be losing your guys to injury in September, not March, April, May, and June.  It sucks, but if we continue to ride the pitching and tread water we still have the chance to go into October at full strength.

Hamstring is sure better than achillies.  Hope its a just a matter of a couple weeks rather than a few months.  Fingers crossed. 

This team can only sustain so many injuries to significant players.  Such a dagger.