Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
2Deep

Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

Recommended Posts

Who do you think gets called up with an IL-stint? Sheets with Leury shifting back to the infield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Who do you think gets called up with an IL-stint? Sheets with Leury shifting back to the infield?

Beckham?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

its almost like Leury practices voodoo

Next time they pan the cameras along the dugout, look to see if Leury is sticking any dolls with needles.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to know. Losing 3 of our starting 9 before June is even over is such punch in the gut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Beckham?

I’d be surprised. He’s been terrible and hasn’t even been playing everyday. Looks like he’s been playing some 1B and DH too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d be surprised. He’s been terrible and hasn’t even been playing everyday. Looks like he’s been playing some 1B and DH too. 

Just saw Marco Hernandez is hitting .333. 

I think it would probably be someone on the 40-man though so they don't have to make room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Just saw Marco Hernandez is hitting .333. 

I think it would probably be someone on the 40-man though so they don't have to make room.

ReyLo is the next man up on the chopping block IMO.  He's been even worse in AAA.  The Sox have called up Stiever, Lambert, Burdi, and Burr over him.  They've probably been trying to dump him to no avail for awhile now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

ReyLo is the next man up on the chopping block IMO.  He's been even worse in AAA.  The Sox have called up Stiever, Lambert, Burdi, and Burr over him.  They've probably been trying to dump him to no avail for awhile now.

That's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Half this board. They got their wish to see mendick full time now. Im sure they are thrilled

Madrigal has been playing good baseball for a while now.  Losing good Madrigal does hurt.  That said, we are in much better shape swapping Madrigal for Mendick than we were swapping out Eloy and especially Robert with in-house options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we trick the D-Backs into hiring TLR again so he'll trade us Ketel Marte for Yolbert Sanchez and ReyLo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, does this mean Eaton back in the 2-hoke? Puke. Sox need to make a move for Starling Marte ASAP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, I don't know if Crochet works as a headliner for the DBacks in a Marte deal.  He might.  Vaughn does.  Kopech does.  But if we want to keep all of those guys then we aren't getting Marte.  Even if they take Crochet, the back part of the package could hurt.  And I really don't think giving up Crochet is necessary or justified especially for a guy whose positions are already covered long-term.

I know there will be rumors about Marte but that's just not realistic.  Peralta is realistic but the DBacks are still going to try to get a potentially solid MLB player out of him who is ready now or close, like Lambert, Stiever, or Burger.  I wouldn't do any of those deals because I don't think the need is strong enough to warrant it.  It's important to note that we are potentially losing 2 SPs to FA after the year, and even though we are gaining Kopech, Keuchel will be a year older and probably continuing to trend down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Also, does this mean Eaton back in the 2-hoke? Puke. Sox need to make a move for Starling Marte ASAP

Jerry's poor.  Marlins will want salary relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

well its 10:24 and still no update, this is not good

I don't think we hear anything until the early afternoon honestly, good or bad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd do Kelley, Sanchez, Vera and Dbacks can pick one of the 40 man OF in Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez for Ketel Marte.  Sucks to lose Kelley, but Marte signed thru 22 and has options for 23-24 and can play all over the diamond.  Fills in for Madrigal while he's out, eventually shifts to the OF later this year and next.  

I doubt the Dbacks would take that trade tho.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking this may not be our year with all the injuries and what not :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

They typically don’t provide updates for these kind of things until some time in the afternoon.

 

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't think we hear anything until the early afternoon honestly, good or bad.  

maybe im remembering wrong but the good news comes out early it always seems like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

well its 10:24 and still no update, this is not good

Nah, they usually do an early afternoon presser once everyone gets to the ballpark.  Seems like 3pm is typically about the time this stuff starts coming out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I'm thinking this may not be our year with all the injuries and what not :(

Almost every player of the projected starting line up at the beginning of spring training has been hurt. Moncada and Vaughn may be the exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd do Kelley, Sanchez, Vera and Dbacks can pick one of the 40 man OF in Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez for Ketel Marte.  Sucks to lose Kelley, but Marte signed thru 22 and has options for 23-24 and can play all over the diamond.  Fills in for Madrigal while he's out, eventually shifts to the OF later this year and next.  

I doubt the Dbacks would take that trade tho.  

Oh yeah, I'd most def do this for Marte, but I don't think it comes close. I think you'd need to basically upgrade the first three from Kelley to Crochet, Sanchez to Burger, and Vera to Dalquist or Thompson.

If Kelley had been dominating so far, Sanchez been raking, etc. different story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

 

maybe im remembering wrong but the good news comes out early it always seems like. 

All I've seen on twitter so far this morning is a Sun Times article stating that he will be reevaluated today.  Even if the eval and MRIs are already done, I still don't think they release that info for a few more hours.  Maybe if it were a day game but even then I doubt we would hear much before noon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×