Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Jimmy0

FS: 2021 Draft Prospect Profiles

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

With the White Sox picking at 22, we are writing up somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 players. We've already done a bunch and I will link them below. 

Ty Madden RHP Texas: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/01/2021-draft-preview-ty-madden-rhp/

Colton Cowser OF Sam Houston State: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/02/2021-draft-preview-colton-cowser-rhp/

James Wood OF IMG Academy: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/04/2021-draft-preview-james-wood-of/

Jordan Wicks LHP Kansas State: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/12/2021-draft-preview-jordan-wicks/

Andrew Painter RHP Calvary Christian HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/07/2021-draft-preview-andrew-painter-rhp/

Adrian Del Castillo C Miami: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/10/2021-draft-preview-adrian-del-castillo-catcher/

Joe Mack C Williamsville East HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/14/2021-draft-preview-joe-mack-c/

Ryan Cusick RHP Wake Forest: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/17/2021-draft-preview-ryan-cusick-rhp/

Colson Montgomery SS Southridge HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/18/2021-draft-preview-colson-montgomery-ss/

Peyton Stovall SS Haughton HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/21/2021-draft-preview-peyton-stovall-2b-ss/

Gunnar Hoglund RHP Ole Miss: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/22/2021-draft-preview-gunnar-hoglund-rhp/

Harry Ford C North Cobb High School: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/24/2021-draft-preview-harry-ford-catcher/

Izaac Pacheco SS Friendswood HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/25/2021-draft-preview-izaac-pacheco-ss-3b/

Gavin Williams RHP East Carolina: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/28/2021-draft-preview-gavin-williams-rhp/

Jud Fabian OF Florida: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/01/2021-draft-preview-jud-fabian-of/

Jaden Hill RHP LSU: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/29/2021-draft-preview-jaden-hill-rhp/

Maxwell Muncy SS Thousand Oaks HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/06/2021-draft-preview-max-muncy-ss/

Sam Bachman RHP Miami (OH): https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/05/2021-draft-preview-sam-bachman-rhp/

Will Bednar RHP Mississippi State: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/07/2021-draft-preview-will-bednar-rhp/

Michael McGreevy RHP UC Santa Barbara: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/08/2021-draft-preview-michael-mcgreevy-rhp/

Wes Kath SS Desert Mountain HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/09/2021-draft-preview-wes-kath-3b/

Edited by Y2Jimmy0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Weird, a "new poster" being critical of the best team in baseball because they lost a game.

I don't think it's criticism, but just being realistic. I think the Sox will miss Madrigal a lot. Without their stellar starting pitching, the current makeup of the Sox would be pretty mediocre. The defense and bullpen have been spotty. I'm concerned that Lynn and Rodon will come back to earth. Besides, Rodon has a history of being fragile. I hope the Sox sweep the next three games against the Astros, but I think it is unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the summaries. Now less than a month away, who are a couple of your preferred picks that may be available at pick 22?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m all for high upside high school bats and there looks to be a few that could be available. If Jordan wicks lasts I do think he may fit more into the open window that we are in the midst of. Never heard any national people or our forum speak about sox getting wicks. Is this because he will definitely be gone or that he’s not a smart pick?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Backwash07 said:

I’m all for high upside high school bats and there looks to be a few that could be available. If Jordan wicks lasts I do think he may fit more into the open window that we are in the midst of. Never heard any national people or our forum speak about sox getting wicks. Is this because he will definitely be gone or that he’s not a smart pick?  

Never say never, but likely won't be available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've added a few more this week. Probably 4-5 more before the draft on Sunday 7/11 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've added a few more profiles. We're running Michael McGreevy tomorrow and Wes Kath on Friday. I think Wes Kath could be the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've added a few more profiles. We're running Michael McGreevy tomorrow and Wes Kath on Friday. I think Wes Kath could be the pick. 

With kath would thye look for him to pitch or 3b?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've added a few more profiles. We're running Michael McGreevy tomorrow and Wes Kath on Friday. I think Wes Kath could be the pick. 

Montgomery doesn't make it to the Sox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Montgomery doesn't make it to the Sox?

I think Montgomery makes it but Kath could be the backup plan 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think Montgomery makes it but Kath could be the backup plan 

As always, you guys are the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Jimmy. Tons of good info here. I take it the draft being during the Summer bodes well for you, hah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Great stuff Jimmy. Tons of good info here. I take it the draft being during the Summer bodes well for you, hah. 

Because I’m not teaching? I’d still do it but yes, being in July is helpful on a personal level for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The K’s are obviously concerning, but Fabian is very enticing. Could be an above average defensive CF with 20/20 potential…or he never improves his hit tool and doesn’t make it to the bigs. Im no scout, but his swing and bat speed both actually look pretty good. Looks like he needs to cut down his leg kick and work on his balance though (I’m also by no means a scout/expert) 

 

Tyler Black has a pretty compact LH swing that I can see producing more power as he gets older…swing reminds me a lot of Chase Utley. 2B being his primary position is not ideal, but just really like watching this kid hit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The K’s are obviously concerning, but Fabian is very enticing. Could be an above average defensive CF with 20/20 potential…or he never improves his hit tool and doesn’t make it to the bigs. Im no scout, but his swing and bat speed both actually look pretty good. Looks like he needs to cut down his leg kick and work on his balance though (I’m also by no means a scout/expert) 

 

Tyler Black has a pretty compact LH swing that I can see producing more power as he gets older…swing reminds me a lot of Chase Utley. 2B being his primary position is not ideal, but just really like watching this kid hit. 

I’m for Fabian…….high ceiling. Take a chance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Y2Jimmy for all the insight and work. I like Kath and or Painter but there are many others to pick from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 1:06 PM, Y2Jimmy0 said:

With the White Sox picking at 22, we are writing up somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 players. We've already done a bunch and I will link them below. 

Ty Madden RHP Texas: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/01/2021-draft-preview-ty-madden-rhp/

Colton Cowser OF Sam Houston State: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/02/2021-draft-preview-colton-cowser-rhp/

James Wood OF IMG Academy: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/04/2021-draft-preview-james-wood-of/

Jordan Wicks LHP Kansas State: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/12/2021-draft-preview-jordan-wicks/

Andrew Painter RHP Calvary Christian HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/07/2021-draft-preview-andrew-painter-rhp/

Adrian Del Castillo C Miami: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/10/2021-draft-preview-adrian-del-castillo-catcher/

Joe Mack C Williamsville East HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/14/2021-draft-preview-joe-mack-c/

Ryan Cusick RHP Wake Forest: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/17/2021-draft-preview-ryan-cusick-rhp/

Colson Montgomery SS Southridge HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/18/2021-draft-preview-colson-montgomery-ss/

Peyton Stovall SS Haughton HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/21/2021-draft-preview-peyton-stovall-2b-ss/

Gunnar Hoglund RHP Ole Miss: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/22/2021-draft-preview-gunnar-hoglund-rhp/

Harry Ford C North Cobb High School: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/24/2021-draft-preview-harry-ford-catcher/

Izaac Pacheco SS Friendswood HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/25/2021-draft-preview-izaac-pacheco-ss-3b/

Gavin Williams RHP East Carolina: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/28/2021-draft-preview-gavin-williams-rhp/

Jud Fabian OF Florida: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/01/2021-draft-preview-jud-fabian-of/

Jaden Hill RHP LSU: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/06/29/2021-draft-preview-jaden-hill-rhp/

Maxwell Muncy SS Thousand Oaks HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/06/2021-draft-preview-max-muncy-ss/

Sam Bachman RHP Miami (OH): https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/05/2021-draft-preview-sam-bachman-rhp/

Will Bednar RHP Mississippi State: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/07/2021-draft-preview-will-bednar-rhp/

Michael McGreevy RHP UC Santa Barbara: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/08/2021-draft-preview-michael-mcgreevy-rhp/

Wes Kath SS Desert Mountain HS: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/07/09/2021-draft-preview-wes-kath-3b/

Just wanted to say thank you for this great work.  I've been reading all of them.  You guys are the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 12:47 PM, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think Montgomery makes it but Kath could be the backup plan 

Montgomery went early, Kath still around. I still think it's an upset if the Sox take their first 1st round HS pick in the Hahn era. Getting excited with only three teams to go before the Sox pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Montgomery went early, Kath still around. I still think it's an upset if the Sox take their first 1st round HS pick in the Hahn era. Getting excited with only three teams to go before the Sox pick.

Different Montgomery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

Different Montgomery. 

Got it, thanks for correcting / noting.

Two picks to go, the god damn Yankees and then the Cubs before the Sox are on the clock.

They are streaming it free on MLB.com. Don't see Mel Kiper Jr, WTH.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×