Sign in to follow this  
KrankinSox

Trade Deadline Thread

Gore for 2 months of Scherzer would be insane. I know Gore hasn't been good this year, but jeez.

29 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Gore for 2 months of Scherzer would be insane. I know Gore hasn't been good this year, but jeez.

If it brings back a 'ship then who cares? 

2 minutes ago, Unknown said:

If it brings back a 'ship then who cares? 

Ahoy mayteee

I can't wait to see who the White Sox bring in. The hype is unreal.

Story? Sweet. Escobar? Awesome. Maybe a surprise Starlin Marte/Gallo type? Hell yeah.

Just GO for it! Is all I ask.

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I can't wait to see who the White Sox bring in. The hype is unreal.

Story? Sweet. Escobar? Awesome. Maybe a surprise Starlin Marte/Gallo type? Hell yeah.

Just GO for it! Is all I ask.

I think a 2B is a sure bet.  My guess would be either Escobar or Schoop.

A reliever or two should be a sure bet, and I do think they acquire one.  I couldn't hazard to guess who it might be though.  I don't expect a big name (Kimbrel, Chafin, Rodriguez), although they could really use a solid 8th inning guy.

• Like 1

Honestly I don’t know the package or the desire but if semien is a possibility it should be all hands on deck. The offense would be incredible and buoy against slow returns from Eloy, Robert.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I think a 2B is a sure bet.  My guess would be either Escobar or Schoop.

A reliever or two should be a sure bet, and I do think they acquire one.  I couldn't hazard to guess who it might be though.  I don't expect a big name (Kimbrel, Chafin, Rodriguez), although they could really use a solid 8th inning guy.

I feel like there's been some smoke for Story for whatever reason. Seems like if they wanted Escobar or felt safe with him, we'd already have him.

I'd love if they went after Gallo... been saying it for 1.5 years, that guy would be ideal for us and this year proves that point so greatly. Left handed power bat that plays RF/3b/1b with good defense and moderate speed. Hell yeah. Also, this year IIRC we've struggled with power... well Gallo rocks that. Additionally, Gallo has great OBP which goes well with what the White Sox like about Grandal. Just love the fit.

Bullpen help should be 100% guranteed. It costs basically nothing to grab some bullpen arms.

11 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I feel like there's been some smoke for Story for whatever reason. Seems like if they wanted Escobar or felt safe with him, we'd already have him.

I'd love if they went after Gallo... been saying it for 1.5 years, that guy would be ideal for us and this year proves that point so greatly. Left handed power bat that plays RF/3b/1b with good defense and moderate speed. Hell yeah. Also, this year IIRC we've struggled with power... well Gallo rocks that. Additionally, Gallo has great OBP which goes well with what the White Sox like about Grandal. Just love the fit.

Bullpen help should be 100% guranteed. It costs basically nothing to grab some bullpen arms.

When's the last time Gallo played third regularly? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

When's the last time Gallo played third regularly? 

Looks like 2017. Sure, a bit of time ago -- but a talented defender like himself can handle it as a backup to Moncada. We'd be using him mainly for RF anyway. Eloy DH, Vaughn LF, Robert CF, Gallo RF... i'm drolling.

I‘d prefer Marte over Gallo. Marte will likely come pretty cheap prospect wise. Then go out and get Conforto in the offseason. He is the perfect fit for the Sox.