Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

16 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Yermin has trade value.  There are non-contenders out there (Miami, Baltimore, etc.) who I bet would love to acquire him and give him another shot.  Who wants to bet that Hahn got on the phone with Yermin today and told him they will make every effort to trade him over the next 8 days but he's got to publicly apologize and confirm his commitment to the game.

I'm thinking he gets moved in the off-season.

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not quite

• For Single-A players, that’s $10,500 in total salary for five months of work. 
  • For Double-A players, that’s $12,600 in total salary for five months of work.
  • For Triple-A players, that’s $14,700 in total salary for five months of work. 

Don't most minor league players get a bonus for signing?  

Minor league baseball sucks but it is a choice they make to have a shot at greatness.  Is it any different than a struggling artist waiting tables?

4 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Your contribution to this conversation so far has been to:

1) Comment on the board's lack of diversity

2) Comment on the board's ability to discuss mental health

Take a hike

What have you contributed outside of trying to inject your shitty political takes into baseball discussion?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, pcq said:

The fact that he cannot catch is kind of important. Usually you could keep a slumping catcher around for defense. He might want to recall Luke Easter who was a minor league hero.

He can catch. He hasn't strictly DH'd in the minors. Terrible teams often take chances on helping someones defense. Semien got better, Narvaez got better.

Good luck Yermin a lot of people are wishing that you pursue your dream and stay focused .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Don't most minor league players get a bonus for signing?  

Minor league baseball sucks but it is a choice they make to have a shot at greatness.  Is it any different than a struggling artist waiting tables?

I made well over $25 an hour waiting tables when I was in college. I would work 6-7 hour shifts typically. Could ditch my shifts or pick up shifts as I wished. Would take off exams. Everything was scalable. I would make more over the year working 20-25 hours a week than basically any minor league that wasn't on the 40 or a bonus kid. These guys are basically on a 7 day commitment all season. Have to stay in shape, etc. It's much easier to be a server than your average minor leaguer .

Edited by raBBit

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I made well over $25 an hour waiting tables when I was in college. I would work 6-7 hour shifts typically. Could ditch my shifts or pick up shifts as I wished. Would take off exams. Everything was scalable. I would make more over the year working 20-25 hours a week than basically any minor league that wasn't on the 40 or a bonus kid. These guys are basically on a 7 day commitment all season. Have to stay in shape, etc. It's much easier to be a server than your average minor leaguer .

Yea but you get better ladies playing ball.

Lol Yermin.  Glad someone calmed him down.  He's pissed any trade value he may have had away, but let him rake until September in AAA.  Call him up as the third catcher for a few DH starts, and see if you can get something for him in the offseason when its all blown over. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Lol Yermin.  Glad someone calmed him down.  He's pissed any trade value he may have had away, but let him rake until September in AAA.  Call him up as the third catcher for a few DH starts, and see if you can get something for him in the offseason when its all blown over. 

I think he gets traded in next week 

My attempt at translating Yermin's IG post

"I'm never going to give up. I lasted 10 years in the minors, I always understood that the process is great but the talent and what I showed speaks for itself. With the most humility I'm speaking from the heart. My dream is to be an established player in MLB. I always asked God to give me the opportunity he gave me 3 months ago. I owe my family, my organization, and my fans an apology (new mind?) if I have failed something. I have baseball in my blood and now Yermin Mercedes is missing. Thank God for guiding me on the right path and making the right decision. Everyone that is going through my situation, hold onto the hand of God, He can do it all, and forget the critics and bad comments that are always going to exist to run over? trample? one's personality. God bless y'all, I love everybody I'm back"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Very true but serving is far from the worst gig if you wanted to date.

True.  During college I was a server.  Those were def my glory days.  I was surrounded by talent and was able to take advantage of my opportunities.  Now I'm just a  dad bod without the kids 30 something on Bumble begging for some tatted up mom of 2 to buy me a coffee.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, macsandz said:

All those praising Kopech for his candor and honesty on mental health issues need to view Yermin through the same lens.

This has been brewing for a long time and is more than just "drama" or "immaturity". 

Yermin a good dude. 

Sounds like a lot of the same personality to be honest.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

True.  During college I was a server.  Those were def my glory days.  I was surrounded by talent and was able to take advantage of my opportunities.  Now I'm just a  dad bod without the kids 30 something on Bumble begging for some tatted up mom of 2 to buy me a coffee.

i mean that sounds like yermin

• Haha 1