CWSGuy406

Adopt-A-Prospect

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
I'll adopt Joe DeMichele.

OK, he's yours.

Let's also say right now that, at least for today, no one gets more than one Top 10 pick from the 2012 draft. Just to give more people a chance.

I'm surprised that no one has requested any more AAPs.

If it is OK with the mods, I would like to take the 7th rounder, Jose Barraza. If I can't get him because I already have Courtney Hawkins, I understand.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
I'm surprised that no one has requested any more AAPs.

If it is OK with the mods, I would like to take the 7th rounder, Jose Barraza. If I can't get him because I already have Courtney Hawkins, I understand.

Please take him! Take more if you want!

Welll... I can't really adopt him since he is already my son, but I will take Eric Grabe the 24th round pick, playing for Bristol. Currently at 3rd, but I believe he will be moving up the middle soon...

Eric is getting some starts since Corey Thompson, our regular 3rd baseman dislocated his shoulder. As of last night hitting .371 with 4 doubles and a Triple. Just 3 RBI's so far, so he needs to get busy there. Not sure what will happen when the 3rd Baseman arrives from Great Falls. We expected him to move to 2B after Joey moved up. Time will tell!

Edited by floridafan

QUOTE (floridafan @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)
Welll... I can't really adopt him since he is already my son, but I will take Eric Grabe the 24th round pick, playing for Bristol. Currently at 3rd, but I believe he will be moving up the middle soon...

Awesome! I can't wait to see.

QUOTE (floridafan @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)

Eric is getting some starts since Corey Thompson, our regular 3rd baseman dislocated his shoulder. As of last night hitting .371 with 4 doubles and a Triple. Just 3 RBI's so far, so he needs to get busy there. Not sure what will happen when the 3rd Baseman arrives from Great Falls. We expected him to move to 2B after Joey moved up. Time will tell!

Welcome aboard, and he's yours! Literally and firguratively!

I'll update the list. Take a look at some of the other AAP profiles for examples, if you are not sure where to start with your thread.

Apologies...I'll get Jose Barraza's AAP up this weekend. July has been a busy month.

Where's the Trevor Reckling love? his names not even on the list....I've been following him on twitter since we signed him and I've got high hopes for the kid. I'll take him...Even though I have no clue where he'll start out next season.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
Where's the Trevor Reckling love? his names not even on the list....I've been following him on twitter since we signed him and I've got high hopes for the kid. I'll take him...Even though I have no clue where he'll start out next season.

He's yours! Feel free to start up his AAP thread.

Hard to say where a guy like him ends up. Played 2012 at A+, but only pitched a few times. Before that was AA, and he's been in AA a couple times too. My best guess is AA.

Is there a rule against adopting foreign prospects, like say one of the 4 Dominican signees or other DSL players? If not, is Luis Castillo available?

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)
Is there a rule against adopting foreign prospects, like say one of the 4 Dominican signees or other DSL players? If not, is Luis Castillo available?

Nope, they are all fair game.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 08:14 PM)
If available, I'd like to take Luis Castillo

He's yours! And I look forward to finding out more about him. Feel free to start an AAP thread, you can look at some of the others for an idea of how best to do it. I also linked to a few in the "CURRENT LIST OF AAP's" thread for reference, but you can format it however you want to.

Now that the minors have started the season, this is a good time to update your AAP's! Tell us where they are assigned, what they did in spring training, the offseason, etc.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
If Micah Johnson is available, I'll take him.

He's yours!

List updated.

Can I take Kyle Hansen, Jason Coats, and/or Myles Jaye. I definitely keep up with Kanny and SAL guys more than any other level.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
Can I take Kyle Hansen, Jason Coats, and/or Myles Jaye. I definitely keep up with Kanny and SAL guys more than any other level.

All three are yours! Go for it.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 04:16 AM)
Can I take Tim Anderson?

Yes! He's yours!

I know that I'm new here, but I've kept up with the forums for a while. I would like Sammy Ayala.

QUOTE (jthunder93 @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
I know that I'm new here, but I've kept up with the forums for a while. I would like Sammy Ayala.

He's yours!

QUOTE (MaggsOrdonez @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
Can I get Jacob Sanchez? He was recently signed from the Frontier League.

He's yours - fire away!