CWSGuy406

Adopt-A-Prospect

New here, but I enjoy how much focus you guys do on the Sox prospects. Has anyone taken Danish and/or Michalczewski?

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
New here, but I enjoy how much focus you guys do on the Sox prospects. Has anyone taken Danish and/or Michalczewski?

Welcome to the Board!

You can always check the pinned Current AAP's post. Danish and Michalczewski are still available - you can have either or both, your choice. Just let us know, and we'll update that post.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
Welcome to the Board!

You can always check the pinned Current AAP's post. Danish and Michalczewski are still available - you can have either or both, your choice. Just let us know, and we'll update that post.

I will take both and see how I keep up. I need something to pay attention to other than the current major league squad and Courtney Hawkins strikeout ratio.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
I will take both and see how I keep up. I need something to pay attention to other than the current major league squad and Courtney Hawkins strikeout ratio.

They are yours!

I'd like to claim "Little" Leury Garcia as soon as it becomes official thats who the Sox are getting from the Rios trade. I know it might not be him and it won't likely be announced till after the season. I'm just calling dibs for now.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
I'd like to claim "Little" Leury Garcia as soon as it becomes official thats who the Sox are getting from the Rios trade. I know it might not be him and it won't likely be announced till after the season. I'm just calling dibs for now.

it is now official, and he is yours.

QUOTE (Cose_fan @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)
Can I take Jake Cose? full disclosure he is my brother and I at times speak highly of him. :D

Haha, sure, go right ahead!

You can look at some of the AAP threads out there now to get an idea of how you can do the thread, but ultimately, you can do whatever you want to. It is nice to have a profile at the beginning though. Here is a pitcher thread example.

By the way, I talked with your brother on Saturday before the game, doing interviews for FutureSox.com.

Have fun!

If you haven't updated your AAP profiles, now with the season over and AFL ending tomorrow, this is a good time!!!

Time for me to get a new AAP I guess. Shoemaker is off to the Miami organization and Jimmy Gallagher (28), a 7 year Sox minorleaguer is currently not on a roster.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
Time for me to get a new AAP I guess. Shoemaker is off to the Miami organization and Jimmy Gallagher (28), a 7 year Sox minorleaguer is currently not on a roster.

So pick one - take whomever you'd like that is available!

List in the pinned thread - single post - has been updated. Rondon and Sanchez now taken.

Some names still available, for example:

Matt Davidson

Jacob May

Micker Adolfo

Francellis Montas

Adam Engel

Eric Surkamp

Chris Bassitt

Adam Lopez

All 2013 Draft Picks OTHER THAN Tim Anderson, Tyler Danish and Trey Michalczewski

I like to live life dangerously. I will take tomorrows round 7 selection, whom ever that may be.

Just to remind folks, the top 2 picks are availble to be claimed now.

QUOTE (The 815 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
I like to live life dangerously. I will take tomorrows round 7 selection, whom ever that may be.

You are now the proud AAP owner of Shortstop Jake Peter, assigned to Great Falls.

AAP Official (Closed) thread list is now updated. Note that all 2014 picks other than Jake Peter are available, as are a number of other intriguing prospects. Take one or two!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
AAP Official (Closed) thread list is now updated. Note that all 2014 picks other than Jake Peter are available, as are a number of other intriguing prospects. Take one or two!

Can I take three? Or is that greedy? I am loving me some Omar Narvaez, defense-first catcher who is finally hitting this year. Also I'd love to adopt some high ceiling starting pitchers in Frank Montas and Spencer Adams.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
Can I take three? Or is that greedy? I am loving me some Omar Narvaez, defense-first catcher who is finally hitting this year. Also I'd love to adopt some high ceiling starting pitchers in Frank Montas and Spencer Adams.

You've got 'em all, I'll update the parent thread.

If you want samples to work with, for pitcher and position player, you can see my Brandon Brennan and Rangel Ravelo threads.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
You've got 'em all, I'll update the parent thread.

If you want samples to work with, for pitcher and position player, you can see my Brandon Brennan and Rangel Ravelo threads.

Excellent. I'll add their profiles today!

I am glad I chose to adopt Narvaez, I had been mistakingly writing at Futuresox.com that we received him in the Jesse Crain deal, when in reality we drafted in the AAA portion of the Rule V Drafts. Oops