Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Everett play in right and get some at-bats , but the problem is dye is hitting pretty good right now and i want him to keep his focus and not lose his game plan at the plate going into the Padres series.

Ozuna at second, (I guess it'd be best to platoon willie and pablo until the Gooch is 100%)

everything else is ok ( the rest of the normal lineup that is)

:gosox2:

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Who is bashing Ozzie? We've all observed what happens in the third game of a series that we take the first two in. Ozzie goes into "Get everyone PT" mode INSTEAD OF PLAYING FOR THE SWEEP. He puts lineups that make no sense for any reason other than the aforementioned one in the third game of a lot of series. If you observe the same behavior in a situation over and over and over, then why is it criticism to point out your observation when a similar situation comes up?

Like I've been saying, If Oz wants to get his bench players some time and give the starters a rest he'd be a lot better served if he'd work in 1 guy at a time instead of throwing out the entire second string in the 3rd game of a series like he so often does.

Here are the lineups:

Ozuna 3B

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF

Konerko 1B

Everett LF

Dye RF

Widger C

Uribe SS

El Duque

Rox

Sullivan CF

Relaford SS

Helton 1B

Holliday LF

Hawpe RF

Atkins 3B

Garabito 2B

Ardoin C

Francis

Glad to see Gooch back in the lineup. I knew Pods would get the night off.

:gosox1:

Nice of you to come on here and within your first 10 posts, tell us all how we should act.

Maybe try reading, learning, and observing a little bit before you start telling people to lighten up, we're too serious, stating humor isn't allowed here, etc.

im not telling you or anyone how to act, im just saying that you jumped all over me for making a joke, and again, you missed the sarcasm when i said humor wasnt allowed. i only found out about the green font thing earlier today, so give me a break.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Here are the lineups:

Ozuna 3B

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF

Konerko 1B

Everett LF

Dye RF

Widger C

Uribe SS

El Duque 

Well, besides Harris not being in the game, that's the normal "should-be-a-sweep" lineup. Timo's not in there...but I'm tired of making jokes about him. Let's win this one anyway. :gosox1:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
Here are the lineups:

Glad to see Gooch back in the lineup.  I knew Pods would get the night off.

Hope that means Iguchi is feeling better.

With Everett playing left...does this mean we're trying for 2/3 again?

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Here are the lineups:

Ozuna 3B

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF

Konerko 1B

Everett LF

Dye RF

Widger C

Uribe SS

El Duque

Rox

Sullivan CF

Relaford SS

Helton 1B

Holliday LF

Hawpe RF

Atkins 3B

Garabito 2B

Ardoin C

Francis

Glad to see Ozuna in there for Cruddy tonight and thank god we're not getting a timo sighting tonight.

Here are the lineups:

Ozuna 3B

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF

Konerko 1B

Everett LF

Dye RF

Widger C

Uribe SS

El Duque

Rox

Sullivan CF

Relaford SS

Helton 1B

Holliday LF

Hawpe RF

Atkins 3B

Garabito 2B

Ardoin C

Francis

did ozzie pick names out of a hat for this lame duck lineup?

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
im not telling you or anyone how to act, im just saying that you jumped all over me for making a joke, and again, you missed the sarcasm when i said humor wasnt allowed. i only found out about the green font thing earlier today, so give me a break.

The more time you spend around here you'll realize that there are those who are rather .....uptight. Just let that roll off your back and enjoy yourself.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
did ozzie pick names out of a hat for this lame duck lineup?

Really the only changes are ozuna in for cruddy and evert in for pods. Im kind of surprised to see pods out because he has played in 2 games since his last rest. If ozzie wanted to get carl into the lineup then he could have put him in left and pods in center, because I dont think Rowand has gotten a rest since last thursday.

Everett playing in that spacious outfield scares the crap out of me. Why does it seem like Ozzie is making Pods into a platoon player? We didn't trade a marquee power hitter to get a player who only starts against righties.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
anyone else a lil worried that el duque's breaking stuff won't break in coors?

I'm sure we're all a little worried. The good thing is that we've already won the first 2 games, so it won't hurt as much. We can still win this game, it'll probably just be a little harder. I wanna be the first team to sweep in Colorado this year.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
not a fan of  carl in the OF but im confident we can come outta here with a sweep baby!! also nice to see ozuna get a little PT instead of auto out cruddy

With the space in that outfield...I'm worried about Everett's range.

On the ohter hand, at least he gets some AB's.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
not sure if i want carl taken up ABs last 5 games hes 3-18(.166) and dont forget that .251 AVG aint pretty..but doesnt look 2 unfamiliar with some of the AVGs on this team anyway huh? give em hell sox!!!

maybe carl will breakout of his slump at coors :huh

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Everett playing in that spacious outfield scares the crap out of me.  Why does it seem like Ozzie is making Pods into a platoon player?  We didn't trade a marquee power hitter to get a player who only starts against righties.

I don't think Carl's defense is as bad as people on these boards make it out to be. And this way Ozzie gets to play the righty, lefty matchups better. Like all managers. And I like the idea of having Pods available as a pinch runner late in the game in case it's real close and we want a stolen base. And for all the stat heads, there is the fact that so far this year, Everett's average is quite good against lefties.