Ken Rosenthal picks 5 Sox for All-Star Game...

Jabroni

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=trya...v=tsn&type=lgns

Manufacturing runs will be a greater priority in this year's game, given that it's taking place at Detroit's spacious Comerica Park. My A.L. All-Star team includes five of the league's top eight basestealers, starting with the White Sox's Scott Podsednik, who began the week leading the majors with 38.

I'm guessing sabermetricians will freak over my selection of Podsednik; his slugging percentage ranked only 39th among A.L. outfielders. Save it: Podsednik had a healthy .375 on-base percentage from the leadoff spot, and his disruptive speed has set the tone for the White Sox's electrifying season.

Rosenthal says that Pierzynski, Konerko, Podsednik, Garland, and Buehrle should be All-Stars. He lists Garcia and Hermanson as "omissions" who are basically runners-up.

Edited by Jabroni

So no Politte or Hermanson.

I see Buehrle, Garland and Konerko making it but the outfield is already cloged up enough for Pods to make it.

And he's saying that they're going to carry 3 Catchers? Varitek, IROID and AJ? I don't see that happening.

So no Politte or Hermanson.

I see Buehrle, Garland and Konerko making it but the outfield is already cloged up enough for Pods to make it.

And he's saying that they're going to carry 3 Catchers? Varitek, IROID and AJ? I don't see that happening.

All I can see is Buehrle and Garland for sure. Then I could see EITHER Podsednik OR Hermanson. So 3 total Sox All-Stars.

QUOTE(Carlo Paz @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I am truly f***ing baffled at the talk of Konerko as an all-star.  Can someone please explain it?

He hasn't been allstar caliber this year imo but the reason it's being discussed is because outside of Teixiera first baseman has been a disappointing position in the american league.

FWIW imo AJ has been the most valuable player on this team, however his offensive stats aren't very overwhelming so he definitely won't go. Hermanson and Politte should both be in imo but Cliff won't be there but there is a good chance Dustin will be there imo. Scotty is also very deserving of a shot but once again I just don't think he's going to get in because of a ton of deserving outfielders and scotty has no power numbers obviously, I just don't expect to see him there though I think he should be. Pauly also has a good shot because al first baseman have been brutal this year but in any other year Pauly definitely shouldn't go he just hasn't been allstar quality imo.

EDIT: I didn't mention Mark or Jon in there because they're locks.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:35 AM)
He hasn't been allstar caliber this year imo but the reason it's being discussed is because outside of Teixiera first baseman has been a disappointing position in the american league.

Ah, I understand. He's not being advertised as "good", just a bit better than the rest of the s***e at the position. Got it. Let's hope the AL team doesn't get any runners in scoring position with less than two out and Paulie at bat.

Buerhle should be starting this game, but i heard there gonna have Matt Clement start cause he will have the most days rest coming up to the all-star game.

Konerko is on pace to hit 40 hr's and haave 120 rbi. Is average should be back to normal to, so if those arent all star numbers i dont know what are.

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
Buerhle should be starting this game, but i heard there gonna have Matt Clement start cause he will have the most days rest coming up to the all-star game.

Konerko is on pace to hit 40 hr's and haave 120 rbi.  Is average should be back to normal to, so if those arent all star numbers i dont know what are.

Plust, Clement starting means BoSox fans are happy, and Lord knows the MLB isn't happy unless Red Sawx nation is happy.

Red Sawx = MLB right now, which is sad.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Check the stats he's the second best 1st basman in the AL behind Teixiera.

Konerko is in the top 10 in the AL in home runs, walks, and RBI. He leads our team in runs scored and OPS. And no 1b other than Teixiera is even close to him in most categories.

Now that Tino isn't leading the AL in 1b voting, there's no reason for him to be on the team, so Konerko is actually the 2nd best 1b.

And there's also 1 more element...I think there's always some payback for people who had great years last year thrown into the AS team selection...Konerko had a spectacular year last year and was snubbed by Torre, that has to help his case too.