Kenny Rogers sends cameraman to the hospital

Balta1701

You haven't seen the whole thing then.

First he kinda pushes it off.  Then the cameraman gets back up and puts the camera on his shoulder when Rogers now pushes it off.  Then he picks it up and Rogers wrestles it away.

I have seen the whole thing, and still stand by the fact that theres no way that guy need paramedic attention.. do you not agree with that?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
I saw it and there's no way the cameraman was injured at all unless he's as fragile as Juan Gonzalez.

It doesn't take much to tweak a back injury. My dad has had a bad back for a few years, and it takes very little to hurt it.

Now, I don't think that the cameraman was actually hurt if those stories about him smiling after it happened are true, but something like that could probably hurt his back again.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
I have seen the whole thing, and still stand by the fact that theres no way that guy need paramedic attention.. do you not agree with that?

No doubt about that - not gonna disagree with you there.

I don't blame the cameraman one iota. This was not an accident by Rogers. He assaulted the guy. Period. Then he did it again, and went after a second cameraman. These guys were doing their jobs and were where they were supposed to be. If Kenny Rogers is too f***ing stupid to release he is going to be caught on camera while physically attacking a cameraman, then he deserves to wallet lightened. I'd sue the prima donna bastard too.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)
I don't blame the cameraman one iota.  This was not an accident by Rogers.  He assaulted the guy. Period.  Then he did it again, and went after a second cameraman.  These guys were doing their jobs and were where they were supposed to be.  If Kenny Rogers is too f***ing stupid to release he is going to be caught on camera while physically attacking a cameraman, then he deserves to wallet lightened.  I'd sue the prima donna bastard too.

I concur 100%. If you are a Major League Baseball player, then any time you step out of the dugout, there will be cameras there. It is part of your job to deal with that fact. If you cannot deal with the fact that there will be cameras, writers and other assorted media working, earning their living, when you go to work, find another job.

Kenny Rogers is extremely well-paid for what he does. If he cannot deal with media scrutiny, he should fall back on his wits like the vast majority of his fellow citizens. If the police think that there is cause to charge him with assault, I hope he is charged. There certainly seems to be enough evidence in favor of charging him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
I'm fine with the suspension here's what perplexes me if Rogers gets chosen to the allstar game he can pitch :huh:

Even worse, if he's chosen for the all-star game, he gets a bonus from the Rangers that will more than offset his fine, and he still gets paid his salary during the time he's suspended. Therefore, the Rangers lose their best pitcher and a lot of money, and Rogers loses a part of his All-star bonus.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
Even worse, if he's chosen for the all-star game, he gets a bonus from the Rangers that will more than offset his fine, and he still gets paid his salary during the time he's suspended.  Therefore, the Rangers lose their best pitcher and a lot of money, and Rogers loses a part of his All-star bonus.

I'm fairly certain that he won't get chosen anymore. He's not from an East Coast team and he's not that popular. This incident will just make it really hard for him to get into the game. I doubt he'll be there.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Thats whats wrong with the world today.. people are all about suing and getting money.. The camera wasnt even pushed OFF his shoulder.. He just pushed it up, and then they guy put the camera down and Rogers kicked it, which didnt even hit the guy..

He IS milking it.. the Suspension is also too long imo

Pushing a camera - 20 games

Taking Steroids - 10 games

:huh:

And you can thank the Major League Baseball Players Association for that. :fyou

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm fairly certain that he won't get chosen anymore.  He's not from an East Coast team and he's not that popular.  This incident will just make it really hard for him to get into the game.  I doubt he'll be there.

Oops.

Well, with any luck, he'll willingly decide not to participate and Francona can replace him with Clement.