Official Game Thread 8/5 - Sox vs Jays

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a championship level team or a team not named the Royals or Devil Rays make so many fishing dumb base running mistakes. Who the gosh darn sent Thome and why didnt Joey sent him back when it was going to be caught. Nice coaching and nice running.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
that base hit by PK put the pods mistake as a no effect on this inning...just he learned a very important lesson for free! i am assuming that glaus wouldnt have made an error on the throw to first.

It would be 2 to nothing. He can learn about baserunning in the intructional league.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
How does a championship level team or a team not named the Royals or Devil Rays make so many fishing dumb base running mistakes. Who the gosh darn sent Thome and why didnt Joey sent him back when it was going to be caught. Nice coaching and nice running.

Joey Cora doesn't deserve a job with the Sox next year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly what the sam heck is cora doing out there? at least trip thome around 3rd....

the only explanation for that first inning is that the mob has got the under for the first 5 innings and we better do as they say or else...what else could it be?

Edited by whitesoxmanager

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)

It would be 2 to nothing. He can learn about baserunning in the intructional league.

:notworthy :headbang

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)

no it would be 1-0 assuming glaus doesnt make an error on a throw to first to get gooch

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
Anybody notice a difference in Javy's delilvery? Seems he might be following through differntly, though I could be just looking too hard.

Talk to me after the 5th inning about Javy. I have seen the Javy ace of the staff before 75 pitches before.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
Anybody notice a difference in Javy's delilvery? Seems he might be following through differntly, though I could be just looking too hard.

He's doing something different. Standing closer to 1B, and keeping his lower half down.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
We had a pitcher on the ropes in the first inning and could of put a 3 to 4 spot up, but thanks to some retarded thoughts we only get one.

We've had so many instances this season where we had the chance to break the game wide open in the first inning, but we usually find a way to hit into a double play to prevent the huge inning. In previous games, our pitchers usually have no problem giving that run back right away.

Gosh damn.

At-bats like THOSE are why I still hold out a little bit of hope for Javy to turn it around. His pure stuff is nasty, and right there, that was a great job of attacking Cat. Couple of fastballs away, good movement to the corner, and that nasty slider down and in to finish him off.

:sigh So much f'n potential...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
Gosh damn.

At-bats like THOSE are why I still hold out a little bit of hope for Javy to turn it around. His pure stuff is nasty, and right there, that was a great job of attacking Cat. Couple of fastballs away, good movement to the corner, and that nasty slider down and in to finish him off.

:sigh So much f'n potential...

Exactly. He's a great pitcher for the first 5 innings or so.. if only he could keep it going for 7 or so innings.