2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting though if the Cards win it how this effect Pujols' decision in any way. Going for Texas though. Always like to see a team win their first World series title, plus they have Kinsler who was a favorite of mine to watch in college.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 07:12 AM)
This will be the 4th World Series of the last 7 that will be played with no teams from either Eastern Division.

but they are the bestest ever and [insert canned excuse] play each other 19 times each and that makes it harder for them and stuff

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 12:29 AM)
I'm happier about this outcome than I would have been about New York-Philadelphia. I would have preferred Milwaukee-Detroit or Milwaukee-Tampa, but this works. Either someone gets their first World Series title or Cubs fans get to be miserable again.

I love this match up. It was my #1 choice. I'm happy either way.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 07:12 AM)
This will be the 4th World Series of the last 7 that will be played with no teams from either Eastern Division.

Good. F*** ESPN.

If I had to choose a team to root for, I'd choose Texas, just because they've never won it before.

If Cards win, I'd be happy too. A great way for Pujols to possibly end his Cards career.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
I am so glad the Yankees and Tigers were eliminated. I don't really care who wins the WS now, other than maybe wanting Texas to win as an AL teeam.

There I am. Wasn't really cheering for either of these teams but the teams I disliked (add on the Phillies) were removed, so I'm content.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
Good. F*** ESPN.

If I had to choose a team to root for, I'd choose Texas, just because they've never won it before.

If Cards win, I'd be happy too. A great way for Pujols to possibly end his Cards career.

I would think that winning the World Series would greatly improve the chances for the Cardinals to re-sign Pujols.

I wonder if coming up short in two WS in a row where Texas should be the favorite again will cost Washington his job.

The Cards don't bother me, I have disliked the Rangers since the Doug Rader "winning ugly" and Ryan vs Ventura debacle, plus, I don't want Dubya's team to win it all.

Cards bullpen get's greedy, St. Louis in 6.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
I wonder if coming up short in two WS in a row where Texas should be the favorite again will cost Washington his job.

The Cards don't bother me, I have disliked the Rangers since the Doug Rader "winning ugly" and Ryan vs Ventura debacle, plus, I don't want Dubya's team to win it all.

I don't care if he loses the World Series 10 years in a row. I don't think you can fire a guy for getting you to the championship unless he does something incredibly stupid to lose it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
How about that Colby Rasmus trade now? Whether or not Rasmus ever lives up to his potential, without that trade the Cardinals don't make the playoffs, let alone the World Series.

Pujols was talking about how awful the clubhouse was prior to that trade. He said all the new relievers helped loosen it up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Pujols was talking about how awful the clubhouse was prior to that trade. He said all the new relievers helped loosen it up.

St. Louis and Texas both have pushed 42 innings out of their bullpen in 10 games in the playoffs, nearly 5 innings a game on average. It's no exaggeration to say that they're in the Series in part because of that bullpen.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)

He shouldn't be fired. It was a much more impressive job to get them there this year.