2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking because I noticed some of the more knowledgable baseball people here at ST would mention that Washington makes a lot of WTF decisions, but yeah, getting to the WS twice in a row means you're doing something right and he shouldn't get fired.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
I was asking because I noticed some of the more knowledgable baseball people here at ST would mention that Washington makes a lot of WTF decisions, but yeah, getting to the WS twice in a row means you're doing something right and he shouldn't get fired.

I said it for Ozzie...a lot of the "WTF" decisions a guy makes have a background to them. "Sure this pitcher got in trouble and gave up a couple runs but he's a kid and we're gonna need him down the stretch". "Yeah, I bunted there, but I knew that my closer was hungover so I wanted to give my starter a lead early." You get the idea.

Only fair way to really evaluate a manager is in aggregate. What does his team look like coming into the season and how do they perform based on that standard.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Rangers should take this series rather easily based on talent. But the Cardinals were 10 1/2 games out of wildcard contention as late as August 28th. Now they're in the World Series. So I expect them to fluke/luck their way to another title. Ala 2006.

They did sneak their way into the playoffs, but this team is still way better than that 2006 squad of jokers. They won 90 games, and would have won several more if they didn't start the season with Ryan Franklin as closer. The bullpen was so awful in the first half, it's amazing they stayed within 10.5 games.

The Rasmus effect. Cards got a lot better when they unloaded Rasmus. And Edwin Jackson pitched good enough to get them the wildcard.

I think that Cards will win in 6 or 7 games. Starting pitching has sucked for about everybody this postseason. Could be a lot of slugfests which isn't bad. Dotel and Jackson, ex-White Sox players on the Cards.

Michael Young is the guy on the Rangers that Ozzie always loved. Thought that Young would wind up on the White Sox but maybe Kenny did have the same amount of Younglove.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 01:05 PM)
STL has the edge in game 1 at home field and Carpenter pitching. No DH. CJ Wilson has been very hittable in the playoffs so far. Both teams though have solid offensive lineups.

Carp has been hittable in the playoffs outside of 1 godly game.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
I don't have access to a TV. Let me know how it ends!

The Evil Empire goes down!!!! Rejoice!!!

Looking at the Diamondbacks roater, man, they literally were nothing but Schilling, Johnson, & Luis Gonzalez's steroids. The rest of lineup was old & washed up, and the names of the other pitchers barely deserve to be mentioned.